This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why is there no Gamecube Stargate game?

I've got a gamecube and i was hoping to be able to play 'Stargate-The Alliance' when it comes out late this year, but when i went onto the web site i saw that it is only on PS2, Xbox & PC.
    It said it would be on all major games patforms, and as far as i'm concered Gamecube counts. So is it going to be coming out after the PS2, Xbox & PC or do they have no intention to put it on Gamecube. If it is not due to become a Gamecube game then i will have to get it on PC but i would to know the requirements (if any other fans know please leave quote) as from what i can see, it has very good graphics.

Can any other Stargate fans with Gamecubes can reply and show the company how many want it like me.
    RIP Prometheus

BAAL: You cannot be serious.

O'NEILL: Yes I can. I just choose not to some of the time. (He grins.)

BAAL: With your insolence you're dooming not just your world but all of humanity.

O'NEILL: I think big!

Kicking Ass since 1997

Yeah I dont like how they say major game platforms and dont include the Cube either, but if ya look at it from a business prospective, they just may not see it as profitable as the Gamecube in America doesnt have as big of a User base as the XBox, even though everywhere in the world its close except Japan where the Cube is kicking the XBox's butt

Comment

Why is there no Gamecube Stargate game?
      Well, Nintendo has always been a great deal more childish than the newer consoles... in general, at least. So when it comes down to it, a First-Person Shooter and the likes with realism incorporated might not bode so well for Gamecube.
      If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
        Well, Nintendo has always been a great deal more childish than the newer consoles... in general, at least. So when it comes down to it, a First-Person Shooter and the likes with realism incorporated might not bode so well for Gamecube.
        Now THAT was prejudicial, especially when Resident Evil 4 is GCN-exclusive.

Now, it's most likely not being released on the cube because of the costs of adapting this game to that platform. That and they're targeting their audience as the people who play many tactical and FPS games (hence why the PC and Xbox) and also where the money is at (hence the PS2 and yet again the PC)

It all boils down to a case of money and competition.
        Enter my game site...

Comment

Yeah, I was pretty ticked when I read it wouldn't be coming out for the Game Cube after they said it'd be coming out for all major platforms. I'll be stuck buying this game for PS2 since I don't have an Xbox and my PC sucks, I just hope the PS2 version won't be too graphically inferior. Hmm... I wonder if enough Game Cube owners e-mailed the people making the game, they might reconsider.

Oh and if you don't think the Game Cube can handle a first person game with realistic graphics, play Metroid Prime 1 and 2.

Comment

You Gamecubers do get a new Zelda game this year, and I say between that and Resident Evil, you should have a big smile, just play Alliance on your PC .

Comment

It'll probably come out later. I've got these game people all worked out - see, they'll probably put the SG-Alliance out on the PS2 and Xbox, then work their way to the GC and either rack up the price or put something cooler in the game exclusive to the GC. That'll make people want to get the GC to see what the big exclusive secret is. I may be wrong but these game people know how to squeeze money out of us entertainment seekers. I wish i knew how to do that.
              TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Hmmm it would be neat if they did release some sort of "Director's Cut" on Game Cube after the PS2/Xbox release, maybe more missions/worlds to go to? I'm just hoping the game itself will have some degree of freedom allowing you to gate anywhere you want at any time you want to.

Comment

Exactly. Ultimate freedom. Especially in a Foothold situation - i hope they have foothold situations. Then one can go and raid the weapons locker, come out packin' serious, it'd be a dream come true.
                  TEAM SG1 LIVES

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff O'Connor
                    true, i noticed this too, cube-younger and middle aged children (11-12-down)
                    (this exclude the resident evil games) PS2- just about all ages but usaly E and T rated games, and XboX-alota times older games(M) but still a decent a mount of T and E games
                    anyone up for some Armageddon?

Comment

Guys there's plenty of other great games on Game Cube besides the games you view as kiddy(though I for one don't think Mario is bad just because its enjoyable by people of any age). Game Cube has quite a few excellent teen games(since ratings are apperently what matter the most in this discussion), such as Skies of Arcadia Legends, Baten Kaitos, Tales of Symphonia, and Metroid Prime 1&2. BTW have you seen the traliers for the Game Cube Zelda thats due out by the end of the year? Totally not "kiddy". Yes I'll admit Game Cube has fewer games, but if you gave some of the games I listed a chance, I think you'll question your stance on the Game Cube being kiddy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                        Now THAT was prejudicial, especially when Resident Evil 4 is GCN-exclusive.

Now, it's most likely not being released on the cube because of the costs of adapting this game to that platform. That and they're targeting their audience as the people who play many tactical and FPS games (hence why the PC and Xbox) and also where the money is at (hence the PS2 and yet again the PC)

It all boils down to a case of money and competition.
                        Actually, recently (or a couple/few months now) Resident Evil 4 won't be exclusive to the Gamecube anymore, it'll be ported to the PS2.
                        Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

Resident Evil 4 is out in U.S. and Japan and will be in Europe March for Gamecube.
                          It will be released Q4 for PS2.

Comment

Can the GameCube be played online,( im not much of a console person myself), if not then thats probarbly why, X-box PS2(with optional modem) and pc can all go onlie,

Thanks
                            Lewis
                            Carter: "ok. 23 accross, the atomic weight of boron. answer is ten"
                            O'Neill: "Yes"
                            Carter: "you wrote the word fat."

Comment

Originally posted by Lewis1_2_3
                              Can the GameCube be played online,( im not much of a console person myself), if not then thats probarbly why, X-box PS2(with optional modem) and pc can all go onlie,

Thanks
                              Lewis
                              No. Silly neutrinos.

Comment

Working...
                              X