This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Goin' Gating

Just thinking, but would anybody here actually travel through the stargate if they had the chance?
    Where would you go?
    Would you prefer to be on one of the First Contact teams or one of the more research archaeology/scientific teams instead?

Sparki
    Honk if you love cheese

Well i surely woul like to try to go from another planet to Earth, especially when the iris would be closed. Just to know how it looks like
    "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Certainly, I'd go through the gate as long as I could be guaranteed not to be captured. I'd like to have a staff weapon and a zat with me! If I die, then I die in good cause
      __

__

Comment

Sure I'd go. Where do I sign up? Although I would prefer to go in as part of one of the research teams or as part of the diplomatic team, once it's been established that it's safe to go there.
        sigpic

Comment

First contact has always appealed to me. Most folks are friendly when you first meet them (until you do something to tick them off!) so why should most aliens be any different? Let's go!
          Nmom
          sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Sparki101
            Just thinking, but would anybody here actually travel through the stargate if they had the chance?
            Where would you go?

I would love to go, and would go anywhere that Daniel is going . Seriously, I would love to go and it wouldn't matter where, as long as it's an interesting place.

Originally posted by Sparki101
            Would you prefer to be on one of the First Contact teams or one of the more research archaeology/scientific teams instead?
            I probably rather be one of the research teams. Though, having an opportunity as a first contact would be exciting (I'd just would hope that there isn't any danger there.)
            No snurching any Pictures I post!! (without my permission)

sigpic

Comment

I'd also go at once, though I would like to be on a scientific team - I'd love to go and see and research all theses cultures....

Thanks to bling for the great sig!
              Proud Hussy of Babylon (tm) and resident linguist
              ~CELLO!~
              ~Proud member of the official Dr Radek Zelenka Fan Club!~

Comment

My answer is a mirror of yours, Iskandra. I'd love to see all of these cultures and the scientific achievements they've made, and their peoples' ways of life.
                If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
                  Most folks are friendly when you first meet them (until you do something to tick them off!) so why should most aliens be any different? Let's go!
                  Erm... Because they are aliens? Although most aliens in the Stargate series are merely transplanted humans.
                  The opinions of KorbenDirewolf do not necessrily represent the opinions of other male U.S. residents between the ages of 18 and 25.

Comment

Ya I'd go. Just to know what it feels like to travel through the wormhole. Also would want to be on the research team just to know that there are defenitely other beings/species out there we can research/learn from.
                    If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Comment

Yep, I'd like to go through in a heart beat, sounds like it would be loads of fun. I'd probably want to be part of the research team, that way it is less likely that I'd get a snake in my head or something else. But, being on the First Contact team would be quite an adventure.
                      "Out of the way it's a busy day, I've got things on my mind." --Pink Floyd

Comment

Yeah, i wouldn't mind Gate traveling myself.

Personally if i had to make a choice, i'd be one of the First Contact teams.
                        It would definitely be a fun job too.
                        Teal'c: A serpent guard, a horus guard and a setesh guard meet on a neutral planet. It is a tense moment. The serpent guard's eyes glow. The horus guards beak glistens. The Setesh guard's nose drips.

Comment

I would love to step through the gate and be part of the team that first meets the strange new world on the other side, exploring the unexplored, never knowing what dangers we might face, boldly going where no one has...yadda, yadda, yadda
                          How I'd write out Jonas:

Jack: Danny, good to have you back.
                          *Jonas starts to walk toward event-horizon, teary-eyed*
                          *Daniel notices*
                          Daniel: Hey Jonas!
                          Jonas: Y..yes?
                          *Daniel hands him his glasses and a 'rock'*
                          Daniel: Here, if for any reason i cannot fully complete my duties as team archeoligist we'll dial you up and you can be the new 'Daniel'.
                          Jonas: (excitedly) Really? wow, has it ever happened before?
                          Daniel:Uh...no...
                          Jonas: Oh boy! I have a dream!

Comment

I'd go through without question, but can I be picky? Can I go on a first contact mission and research the planet, like hang around with Daniel a lot?

Comment

I would definatly want to be on a first contact team. I would fit perfectly into an explorer unit, i think...
                              -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                              -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Working...
                              X