PDA

View Full Version : Google in Klingon

morjana
March 10th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Are you a Klingon, visiting Earth, and missing your native language?
Especially on the internet?

Never fear, Google is here:

http://www.google.com/intl/xx-klingon/

|*|(*)|*|(*)|*|

Morjana

SG1-Spoilergate
http://tv.groups.yahoo.com/group/SG1-Spoilergate/

Richard Dean Anderson Fans
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/rdandersonfans/

Fans of Joe Flanigan
http://movies.groups.yahoo.com/group/fansofjoeflanigan/

MartoufMarty
March 10th, 2005, 07:27 AM
LMAO!

That's great!

It'll go well along with the Klingon to English dictionary I got at home lol.

NightGloom
March 10th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Wow... that's amazing! I love it! :D

Blue Banrigh
March 10th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Very cool, now if only I spoke Klingon.

Gothann
March 10th, 2005, 03:03 PM
Ugh... As if Elvish wasn't enough...

TechnoWraith
March 10th, 2005, 03:07 PM
Does anyone think there's a Goggle in Ancient? :D ;)

Egeria
March 10th, 2005, 03:12 PM
Klingon google..bizarre but cool:)

Matt G
March 10th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Rofl!

SaberBlade
March 10th, 2005, 05:29 PM
thats a nice find. very funny.

Beatrice Otter
March 10th, 2005, 10:25 PM
I'm not suprised, considering what all else has been translated into Klingon.

TechnoWraith
March 11th, 2005, 06:06 PM
The sad part about the google in klingon is that a friend of mine can read and speak fluent klingon. :D

Dotus5
March 12th, 2005, 02:09 AM
The sad part about the google in klingon is that a friend of mine can read and speak fluent klingon. :D

Now that is really having TOO much time on their hands. :D

shovar
March 12th, 2005, 11:59 AM

that sounds like a friend of mine who can speak fluent evlish, dwarfish, klingon and his own mad up language which is english but has different symbols when written down!!!

definately too much time on his hands! :D

Janus
March 12th, 2005, 12:20 PM
Weird.... :S

Gothann
March 12th, 2005, 07:06 PM
that sounds like a friend of mine who can speak fluent evlish, dwarfish, klingon and his own mad up language which is english but has different symbols when written down!!!

definately too much time on his hands! :D
Seeing as how "Elvish" (Tolkien-style) is based on languages like Finnish, it's kind of easy to learn that one as it's not totally made up.

As for MAKING your own language... Well, I suppose that since it worked for Tolkien, it should for everyone else, right?

Beatrice Otter
March 14th, 2005, 09:44 PM
He's not the only one. Last year a mental health institution here in Oregon advertised briefly (very briefly) for a Klingon-speaker. Seems they're required by law to have someone on staff who speaks the language of every inmate. And they had an inmate who claimed to be Klingon ....

Then there's the mental hospital whose nursing staff used Klingon around the patients--you see, the patients were crazy, not stupid, and often used things they overheard to try and manipulate the system; speaking in a language they couldn't understand eliminated that problem. A couple of the nurses were big Trekkies, and it snowballed from there. But nobody told the doctors about it, apparently. Because a couple of months later, one of the psychyatrists was trying to do research into shared delusions. Seems a number of his patients were complaining that the nurses were speaking in an alien language ...

chevroneight
March 15th, 2005, 03:07 AM
He's not the only one. Last year a mental health institution here in Oregon advertised briefly (very briefly) for a Klingon-speaker. Seems they're required by law to have someone on staff who speaks the language of every inmate. And they had an inmate who claimed to be Klingon ....

Then there's the mental hospital whose nursing staff used Klingon around the patients--you see, the patients were crazy, not stupid, and often used things they overheard to try and manipulate the system; speaking in a language they couldn't understand eliminated that problem. A couple of the nurses were big Trekkies, and it snowballed from there. But nobody told the doctors about it, apparently. Because a couple of months later, one of the psychyatrists was trying to do research into shared delusions. Seems a number of his patients were complaining that the nurses were speaking in an alien language ...

Thats mad!! lol

I showed my brother (a HUUUUUGGGEEE Trekkie) the Google and he laughed so hard, before deciding if its done in Klingon it should be done in all the other languages as well, and went on to ask me to update him whenever they decided to do it in ancient Bajoran lol

NightGloom
March 15th, 2005, 04:03 AM
Too bad there's not enough Goa'uld words to make a Goa'uld Google... I can see it now, instead of search it could just be "Google, Kree!"

chevroneight
March 15th, 2005, 05:10 AM
Too bad there's not enough Goa'uld words to make a Goa'uld Google... I can see it now, instead of search it could just be "Google, Kree!"

lol that would be hilarious :)

Dotus5
March 15th, 2005, 06:28 PM
I wonder if you could use Google in the Ancient Database? :D