PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Gateworld Forum banner pic...

BruceDickinson
March 9th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Sure this has been done before, sorry for a repeat, but...

What's your favorite banner pics from the Gateworld Forum banner @ top of page? I have 2, although I like em all. The first, of course, is the smiley on a dinner plate pic of Jack, "Wacko!", that episode was just classic TV :D . What was Jack's quote in that ep when he and Teal'c were playing golf through the Stargate? Something about being a driving record, but it is one of my favorite lines ever. The other is the pic of Teal'c drinking the pot of coffee, "Isn't that hot?" - "Indeed" :D :D :D :D :D :D :)

Very funny stuff, bravo on the selection! Brilliant!

Atlantisluva
March 9th, 2005, 11:52 AM
Oooh, I love those!!!

One, is the McKay and Zelenka pic, they are just so cute toghether ^^!!!

Then, Amanda Tapping holding that doughnut guarding it! First time I saw that I laughed so hard my chair fell over.

Then there is the one where it looks like Jack is scratching General Hammonds ears and his eyes are closed. From the gamekeeper right?

FoolishPleasure
March 9th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Jack holding that glowy-ball thingy.

And the fruit loops. :D

BruceDickinson
March 9th, 2005, 11:58 AM
Oooh, I love those!!!

One, is the McKay and Zelenka pic, they are just so cute toghether ^^!!!

Then, Amanda Tapping holding that doughnut guarding it! First time I saw that I laughed so hard my chair fell over.

Then there is the one where it looks like Jack is scratching General Hammonds ears and his eyes are closed. From the gamekeeper right?

Ouch! :D

Mrs. Tapping has many nice pics floating around on this site, great smile! The crossed eyes Carter pic is another one of my favorites. :S :D :D

I think my avatar pic should be in there too, definitely one of the goofiest pics ever ;) Just look at the guy, he looks totally lost. :D

Captain-Peregrine
March 9th, 2005, 12:01 PM
I like the one where Carter's making that cute little cross-eyed face.

Atlantisluva
March 9th, 2005, 12:03 PM
Yeah shes quickly become one of my favorite actresses. It's so nice to see her looking so much more attractive then initially in the show. I always say her baby must have been a symbiote :);):rolleyes:

Captain-Peregrine
March 9th, 2005, 12:07 PM
What I love about Carter is that she's a kick-butt feminist without being a kick-butt feminist. She's just...cool. She's one of those neatto people that doesn't have to prove herself to be strong, confident, and equal to others. Plus she's really pretty with the whole hair thing, and the smile and those blue eyes--she's almost a match for Daniel!

Shivan
March 9th, 2005, 12:09 PM
My favorite is where Amanda Tapping is crossing her eyes. Don't know why, just a cool picture!

My second favorite is, of course, the one with Joe Flanigan just sitting there! Looking so cute and adorable!

Atlantisluva
March 9th, 2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah, if I didn't have my boyfriend and she was single :D;):cool::):p:o:rolleyes:

I think shes sexier than Daniel now. He has gotten too...thick? Not fat but...thick? I dunno, he lost his appeal around 6 ><

Atlantisluva
March 9th, 2005, 12:19 PM
BTW Shivan love your shep sig ^^

Shivan
March 9th, 2005, 12:24 PM
BTW Shivan love your shep sig ^^

Thanks! I'm actually getting ready to change it though! :p

Don't worry, Sheppy will still be in my sig! :D:D

Atlantisluva
March 9th, 2005, 12:36 PM
lol, gonna wait for the siege to make my mczelenka ^^

Supposedly its a good episode for those two =/

Captain-Peregrine
March 9th, 2005, 12:42 PM
I also like the one of Teal'c and Carter standing back to back with Daniel, doing the Charlie's Angles pose. lol! I have that picture and its halarious.

Captain-Peregrine
March 9th, 2005, 12:43 PM
My favorite is where Amanda Tapping is crossing her eyes. Don't know why, just a cool picture!

My second favorite is, of course, the one with Joe Flanigan just sitting there! Looking so cute and adorable!

Me too! Damn, we have good taste. :D ;)

Blue Banrigh
March 9th, 2005, 12:58 PM
I don't recall the Carter Donut Defensive or the Zelenka/McKay one either... can anybody put up the pics?

But favourites have to include the Charlie's Angels, the one of O'Neill shrugging before he enters the wormhole, cross-eyed Amanda, McKay and Beckett (and Beckett's food) and the gun-slinging Ford (I'm reminded of Zoolander when I see this pic)

Atlantisluva
March 9th, 2005, 02:01 PM
Sorry! Its the beckket/mckay one, thought it was Zelenka, oh wellls.

Sorry don't have the doughtnut pic on here, its on my labtop though lol. She is just looking viciously at Hammond I think ( you cant only see from a diagnol angle, you see over his neck from his fight side and Amanda is looking at him viciously sort of holding a doughnut very very 'protectingly'. Like the little blue dude from LOTR.)

The charlies angel pic is one of my favorites too! Its my cells wallpaper.

Blue Banrigh
March 9th, 2005, 02:40 PM
Sorry! Its the beckket/mckay one, thought it was Zelenka, oh wellls.

Sorry don't have the doughtnut pic on here, its on my labtop though lol. She is just looking viciously at Hammond I think ( you cant only see from a diagnol angle, you see over his neck from his fight side and Amanda is looking at him viciously sort of holding a doughnut very very 'protectingly'. Like the little blue dude from LOTR.)

The charlies angel pic is one of my favorites too! Its my cells wallpaper.
Wait.. I found it ...
http://forum.gateworld.net/images/header_forum05.jpg

Is that twice now she used a donut to explain the wormhole theory?

Cycling through all the pictures, some of them are pretty funny. The one of jack looking through the big magnifying glass. and the one of jack holding Teal'c face is sweet.

NightGloom
March 9th, 2005, 05:33 PM
YES! I love that donut pic! And the Charlie's Angels one is hilarious too...

Although I must say, I like the Weir/Sumner kiss one because it's definitely the one that sparks the most threads by the Prim'tahs.

Sela
March 9th, 2005, 05:37 PM
I like the one where Teal'c, Sam & Daniel are standing there using their fingers are guns! It always makes me smile because it makes me think of playing like that when we were kids.

I also like the cross-eyed Sam one. It's just so opposite of who Sam is suppose to be. And it's funny besides.

Atlantisluva
March 9th, 2005, 05:48 PM
Thats the one! It makes me laugh out loud every time I see it ( as with the Charlie's Angels pose)...

Does that mean that Daniel is the equivalent of Farah Faucet?

Sela
March 9th, 2005, 05:58 PM
Thats the one! It makes me laugh out loud every time I see it ( as with the Charlie's Angels pose)...

Does that mean that Daniel is the equivalent of Farah Faucet?
ROFLOL!!! A flash of Daniel in a blond Farrah wig just came to mind!!!!

Buggy542
March 9th, 2005, 06:06 PM
My fav would be this one...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v309/Buggy542/header_forum36.jpg

Love the Charlie's Angel one, too. :D

Osiris-RA
March 9th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I like the one where At, CJ and MS are holding thier hands pretending to be guns. That's just a great shot of group humor. Daniel appears to be getting squished.

SmartFox
March 9th, 2005, 06:09 PM
The one where SG-1 is stuffing there faces with food from Urgo. Only cause every time i see that i start laughing remembering back to that ep.

Atlantisluva
March 9th, 2005, 06:11 PM
ROFLOL!!! A flash of Daniel in a blond Farrah wig just came to mind!!!!

Oh god, now I'm scarred for life...

MedusA
March 9th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Is there anywhere that we can see them all? A gallery of sorts, or do we just have to keep hitting refresh? Does anyone know how many there are?

Atlantisluva
March 9th, 2005, 08:00 PM
Hmm =P

tekguy2
March 10th, 2005, 03:53 AM
The one with Jack and Teal'c golfing through the gate. That would be awesome!

Rail'k
March 10th, 2005, 05:46 AM
Here is mine

http://forum.gateworld.net/images/header_forum32.jpg

BruceDickinson
March 10th, 2005, 07:16 AM
Whoa, every post I make gets moved :eek: !

Sorry, didn't realize there was a specific forum for this type of stuff, besides, I thought it was an excellent opportunity to talk about the episodes the banner pics came from, hence the location, "General Discussion" :rolleyes: . Maybe next time to stay on topic in the general forum, I'll start a thread that has noothing to do with Stargate and just say how cute I think Michael Shanks is! :rolleyes: :rolleyes: ;)

One thing that seems odd to me is, the general discussion folder is rife with thunk posts, but those posts seem to stay no matter how off topic they get. In many cases, the comments made in those threads qualify as sexist innuendo, (well, no body seems to mind when it's girls gushing over guys anyway, but the second a guy talks about a girl in the same manner, the red alert fires up and everyone mans [or should I say "womans" :D ] there battle stations!).

I think if there needs to be so many folders, an actor/actress appreciation folder would be very appropriate...

.:Lemon:.
March 10th, 2005, 10:00 AM
I like the one were Teal'c is drinking from the coffee pot ;) And the Charlie's Angels pose one. Oh and I think the Ford one is quite cool aswell :p
They're all great!!

Sela
March 10th, 2005, 04:26 PM
I also like the one where Jack gets in touch with his softer, more creative side ...and with the clay. Every time I see that snipet of Jack in that scene, it reminds me of the sensual clay scene in Ghost with Demi Moore and Patrick Swayze. Hot!!!!

carry123
March 11th, 2005, 08:40 AM
The one where Weir kisses a guy. I've never seen that in any episode. Can someone tell me where it's from?

Carry

girlgater
March 11th, 2005, 10:22 AM
The one where Weir kisses a guy. I've never seen that in any episode. Can someone tell me where it's from?

Carry

I read yesterday "somewhere" that it's from some cut-up scenes that weren't really part of the episode. I can't even remember the term for them, but in answer to your question, it wasn't from any episode.

Zika
March 12th, 2005, 06:26 AM
Is there anywhere that we can see them all? A gallery of sorts, or do we just have to keep hitting refresh? Does anyone know how many there are?
I would also like to know that!! It will take ages to find them all, if I have to click 'update' all the time, and hope there comes a picture I haven't seen yet:O:(:S

Zika

Scoobing
March 12th, 2005, 07:22 AM

Carry

Thats right it was just a mess around done on the set of "Rising" with Sumner and Weir. Got alot of people talking. :P

chevroneight
March 12th, 2005, 08:14 AM
Definitely my fave is the pic from Urgo with Teal'c and the pot of coffee...still cracks me up!!

And the one of Jack looking through the magnifing glass :)

I really liked the Xmas one of the Stargate on the Christmas tree too...anyone remember that one?

Yeahsureyabecha
May 28th, 2005, 11:49 PM
This thread is for the best Stargate Banners, anything you got that you think rocks, slap it here!

Stricken
May 29th, 2005, 01:13 AM
good idea yet you hsve two threads talking about the exact same thing

6thMonolith
May 29th, 2005, 09:34 AM
It's probably just a double post. PM a mod if you want one deleted.

ShadowMaat
May 29th, 2005, 09:42 AM
Actually, this probably belongs in Fandom, anyway.

And there's a thread for the best Gateworld Forum banners there, too, if anyone wants to ogle: http://forum.gateworld.net/showthread.php?t=9759