This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

quantum mirror fic

i am working on an au fic that involves the quantum mirror.

backstory: in an alternate universe, the stargate wasn't closed for a year--instead, a naquadah mining operation was set up on abydos. they found out about the goa'uld when they attacked abydos, and the abydonians were all relocated to the land of the light. sha're went back to earth w/ daniel. the sg teams were organized, and sg-1 was o'neill, carter, daniel, and kawalsky. on a mission about a year later, daniel is captured by apophis and taken as a host by klorel. kawalsky dies in the rescue mission, but teal'c saves o'neill and carter by going against apophis and helping them escape. sha're, having a knack for languages, has studied archeology w/ daniel, and joins sg-1 as daniel's replacement, hoping to save him.

now for the story. sg-1 is on a mission to the planet in "there but for the grace of god." sha're goes through the quantum mirror and ends up in the normal stargate universe (normal except that tbftgog hasn't happened). they freak out. p.s. sha're is pregnant w/ daniel's child.

anyway, it was a plot bunny that wouldn't go away, so i thought i'd start. however, some of the chronology doesn't line up, and i wasn't sure how to insert the backstory w/o sounding incredibly dumb. any suggestions?

Well the quantum mirror takes you to different realities so...do whatever you like! They don't have to be all very similar. Maybe they opened the gate earlier than we did?
    What you have now sounds like an interesting story. But it's a fic, and it's based in an A/U, so be creative.
    Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
    Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
    Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
    Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
    Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
    Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
    Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

Wow, you've got a lot in your AU.

First, I will say that you need to weave in your backstory gradually as you're telling the 'here and now' story. Who is in your opening scene? Where are they? What are they doing?

What chronology are you trying to match? Since this is your AU, you may be able to fudge here and there.

Comment

well, sha're is about 4 months pregnant, but in the "normal" reality she had been taken over by a goa'uld too early for her to possibly be 4 months pregnant w/ daniel's child. however, this doesn't line up w/ the timeline of when apophis was looking for hosts, or when daniel found the quantum mirror. but i guess you're right, since it's au it's ok. i'll try not to be too anal.

Comment

Originally posted by Greesha
          i'll try not to be too anal.
          Good. If I can be of any further help...

Comment

Originally posted by Greesha
            well, sha're is about 4 months pregnant, but in the "normal" reality she had been taken over by a goa'uld too early for her to possibly be 4 months pregnant w/ daniel's child.
            Well, at the simplest level Daniel might have had his sperm frozen when he started working offworld against the Goa'uld, in case he was killed but Sha're wanted to bear his child.

If you're pitching for serious angst, on the other hand, you could always have Sha're have been captured by Apophis and abused by Klorel whilst she was imprisoned. She could still think of the child as being Daniel's.

For extra-special, super-duper, mega-sized angst with knobs on, Daniel was rescued, but only at a later date - after the SGC/A is almost destroyed, and after Sha're becomes pregnant - do they discover that Klorel actually took Daniel as a host and has been undercovering all this time. Then Sha're has to deal with having spent eight months not realising that her husband was not her husband.
            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

ahh! too many plot bunnies! *ducks as she is pelted with ideas*

mr prophet, those are great ideas, thanx a bunch!

Comment

Welcome, always; happy to help.
                Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                X