X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Atlantis Vs the Nox City

Sorry if this has been asked.

Is it just me or was the city from the season 1 SG1 Episode "the nox" bigger and had enough power for flying? I wonder if there is a connection there?
    "Everything done in weakness fails." ~Nietzsche

The Nox have a renewable energy source or they know how to make ZedPMs?

Or they have rechargable Zeds....
    *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

We actually only saw the NOX city from one angle - so its hard to tell how big it really is. Chances are they have ZPM's powering there city or all of the nox in the city are in a contstant state of meditation just trying to keep the thing floating.... ?
      Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

The Nox city can go invisible so it rules
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

they can also make things pass through something or themselves fo as long as they want.

Wraith run it!!!!!!!!!

Comment

It kind of makes me mad that we hardly know anything about the Nox and they were part of the four race alliance. I know we know nothing about the Furlings as well but we've met the Nox so why havent we seen one since season 3?

5th Season of Supernatural Premiering September 10th!
            Spoiler:

Comment

Of course, you're assuming that the Nox use ZPM's and not some other kind of power source, which is actually far more likely since so far we've seen very little evidence of the 4 races sharing technology.

Comment

I don't think the nox need ZPM's. They seems to have power sources that are very powerful but very small. Besides, them and the Asgard seem to be able to open gates without the distortion feild. Sp, maybe they're better at conserving power.
                'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Whatever the case, it would seem that the Nox and the Ancients were the "big boys" of that alliance. There's no othr flying cities out there that I'm aware of. Besides, the Asgard have had a very long time to "catch up" in tech, yet the Ancient's tech is still so beyond even them. Perhaps that is why they are so willing to help us when they can: because the Ancients were from earth, and they see themselves as returning a favor, albeit only reluctantly at first. (The only reason the Furlings aren't mentioned is because all any of us really know is that they merely existed).

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                    Whatever the case, it would seem that the Nox and the Ancients were the "big boys" of that alliance. There's no othr flying cities out there that I'm aware of. Besides, the Asgard have had a very long time to "catch up" in tech, yet the Ancient's tech is still so beyond even them. Perhaps that is why they are so willing to help us when they can: because the Ancients were from earth, and they see themselves as returning a favor, albeit only reluctantly at first. (The only reason the Furlings aren't mentioned is because all any of us really know is that they merely existed).
                    We have seen some Furling Tech, albeit not much. The episode where Jack and Mayborn are stuck on the Moon.
                    Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
                    Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                    Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
                    O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                    We are the Ancients

Comment

What about the Replicators? I think they were more orientation towards military development in their technology then flying cities. They do have those docking stations though as seen in Small Victories so who knows. Maybe they already had the tech. It's all in preference too. Just because you have the technology or the knowledge of how to build something doesn't mean you want to or will. If we all did that we'd have all kinds of chaos. You know how many people out there know how to build bombs either nuclear or standard or both?

Comment

Originally posted by Macilnar
                        We have seen some Furling Tech, albeit not much. The episode where Jack and Mayborn are stuck on the Moon.
                        at least we think it was furling tech
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
                          at least we think it was furling tech
                          No it's Furling tech. See PARADISE LOST
                          Jackson: Oh Please! Teal’c’s like one of the deepest people I know. He’s so deep. Come on! Tell em how deep you are. You’ll be lucky if you understand this.
                          Teal’c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                          Jackson: (Excited) Oh!! See?
                          O’Neill: No more beer for you.

"Nu ani Anquietas"
                          We are the Ancients

Comment

Originally posted by Ancient 1
                            Whatever the case, it would seem that the Nox and the Ancients were the "big boys" of that alliance. There's no othr flying cities out there that I'm aware of. Besides, the Asgard have had a very long time to "catch up" in tech, yet the Ancient's tech is still so beyond even them.
                            The asgurd stopped evolving when they began cloning, they could've been on par with the Nox before they began to clone. The Nox as beings appear to be more advanced, but it's unknown just how advanced their technology is since they hide all the time. Though they would probably be equal to or more advanced than the asgurd. As for the Ancient's, they seemed to have mastered technology.
                            Spoiler:
                            Life isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Macilnar
                              No it's Furling tech. See PARADISE LOST
                              Yeah it is furling tech - I agree with you cause the Gateworld Episode Profile Clearly says "the writing indicates that the technology it conceals is that of the Furlings, another member of the old alliance of advanced alien races"

And Being that near 40 episodes have errored since then - I am sure its accurate
                              Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Comment

Working...
                              X