This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

too fast?

i love reckoning and all the episodes after that too.

but dont u feel like they moved from "the replicators are attacking" in its good to be king to reckoning too quickly?

i think it would have been great if they went on another mission somwhere and LOST against the replicators...like they go with some tokra or jaffa and get crushed, barley making it back....would have lead into reckoning much better than citizen joe!

felt the the second half of s8 was rushed....amazing still but little rushed.
    come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

I felt Reckoning was rushed as well.

For an regular SG-1 episode, it was awesome.

For an episode that by the end of the second (third?) part, the two most major badguys in the Galaxy had to either be totally wriped out or no longer major, it felt lacking.

Reckoning pt 1, Reckoning pt 2, and the next episode Threads, should have felt like it could have passed as a series finale. It should have been "The last eight years have all come down to this..."

Instead of "And in these episodes we will defeat both the Replicators and the Gao'uld so we can have room for a new, bigger baddie"

It should have been a bigger climax.

*shrugs* But that is just me and that is the impression I got from watching Rec pt 1 and pt 2.

I'll readress my opinion if it changes after Threads.
    *Insert something really cool here*

Comment

It was a pretty good pace for me. They managed to take storylines that had begun years ago, so it felt really cohesive. My only thing is I would've liked a wee bit more time to see the team's reactions to Daniels disappearance/"death."
      And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
      Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
      Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
      Daniel: Oh! You see?
      Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

Moebius was a very slow episode
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

I agree with all of you. I think this season was a little rushed jumping from replicators to tok'ra to goa'uld...But they were still great eps. And they should've (everyone at the SGC) been a little sadder about Daniel, you know?

But, then again, how many times have we thought Danny was dead when he wasn't?... (example: Season one's Fire and Water)
          I'm a Teenage,Scifi Friday-loving,Sam+Jack Shipper Gurl I am a shippy shipper chockfull of shippy shipperness having shippy shipper dreams!!
          Sam+Jack 4 ever!!!I love Hayden Christensen!!May 19th: Sith Happens!!Can't wait till July! I LOVE RED JELLO,just like Jack...!!

Kinsey:[on S/J]Oh I believe there's a lot more to this than we've been told. Well, of course I hardly expect them to incriminate themselves in their own reports.But we can all read between the lines* -Kinsey, Innauguration
          *1st and only time I agree with Kinsey

Replicarter: There are two of us.
          Jack: If only...
          (Sam looks at him. He clears his throat quietly.) -Replicarter and Jack, Gemini

The land of "lilipu" is an amazing land where I go to think about Sam and Jack being a couple, their future wedding,what their kids will look like... So now it's my own private shippy-world.All shippers invited!!!!

Comment

I felt like reckoning 1&2 were a bit rushed but I loved them at the same time!!!
            I havent seen threads or moebius 1&2 so I cant judge on those.
            But even my parents said that reckoning 1&2 felt more like a season/series fanale than a 2 parter in the mid-end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Thek
              I felt Reckoning was rushed as well.

Reckoning pt 1, Reckoning pt 2, and the next episode Threads, should have felt like it could have passed as a series finale. It should have been "The last eight years have all come down to this..."

Instead of "And in these episodes we will defeat both the Replicators and the Gao'uld so we can have room for a new, bigger baddie"

It should have been a bigger climax.

That is the way i felt too. These episodes should have been much more climatic. Replicators and Goa'uld have been their arch nemesis for the past 8 years... THEN boom they are gone.

Not enough climatic elements in it for me. Not that im complaining... I just love to nitpic

Liz
              das haus ist gelb. ich liebe gelb!!

MySpace

Comment

Working...
              X