This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Radical Suggestion: A reformed system lord

I'm tired of the trite "evil" Goa'uld and "good" Tok'ra.

At some point in the past, "evil" Goa'uld gave rise to "good" Tok'ra. What happened once could happen again. Sure, maybe it has to happen this way or that way according to this or that fanwank theory... but I'm not interested in that. I'm interested in an interesting plot twist, and an interesting character with wrinkles I think Baal would be a good first choice, but I'm not a Baal fanboy, so if you prefer another surviving Goa'uld, by all means substitute him or her here.

SO HERE'S THE SUGGESTION:

Baal (or system lord of your choice) goes through withdrawal from the sarcophagus, and has to live incognito amongst humans somewhere. Without the sarcophagus giving him the constant booster shot of megalomania, and from living amongst humans for an extended period of time as one of them, he has a partial change of heart.

WHY?

Because somebody who is a sometimes ally and sometimes enemy is more interesting.

Discuss amongst yourselves...

I was actually thinking about this the other day. I reckon there's a good chance that Baal will help us in season 9. He was pretty helpful in Reckoning pt 2, and now since he has no Jaffa, he may join us against the new threat.

Comment

Originally posted by Jonzey
      I was actually thinking about this the other day. I reckon there's a good chance that Baal will help us in season 9. He was pretty helpful in Reckoning pt 2, and now since he has no Jaffa, he may join us against the new threat.
      There's a good possibility of that, IMO. Not sure if he'll be a "good guy" in the traditional sense, but an "improved guy" or something, sure...why not?

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
        There's a good possibility of that, IMO. Not sure if he'll be a "good guy" in the traditional sense, but an "improved guy" or something, sure...why not?
        I agree i would really like to see more of him in the way we saw him in the last few episodes. Not really good not really evil.
        The enemy has spoken

Comment

Just my point. Stargate seems to be a pretty much black and white universe. Good guys and bad guys. That gets boring.

Vala was introduced as SORT OF a middle of the road character, but she'll be a "good guy" in no time, like all the others.

A reformed (or reforming) System Lord would be a middle of the road character.

Comment

I think its too late for this to happen
            gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
            so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
            love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
              I think its too late for this to happen
              Nah, I think he has a good idea and it's not too late, UNLESS they are gonna work that stupid King Arthur/Merlin stuff to death. I'd rather see a reformed Ba'al than ANY Merlin!

Comment

A reformed Baal???, Ok the guy helped out towards the end, but only to preserve his way of life...He has become accustomed to the life of a god, he wont change

Comment

But like lord anubis Said he wont be a "good-guy," it will just happen that our interests will be aligned for a period of time. During this time the persumed "weak" ba'al might regain strength and to fight another day.

Comment

I don't want Ba'al to suddenly become all good, but I would like to see him help out. Maybe he gets humbled by the Jaffa and seeks out Earth's help and becomes our reluctant informer (sometimes tells truth and sometimes not).

I'd like to see some more of Jack and Ba'al's interaction. They work well together, especially in episodes like Reckoning. Maybe he could eventually come to trust us and vica versa. If not he'd still be a cool addition to have around the sgc.
                    The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                    The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                    Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                    Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

I personally love the "bad guys" who are both semi-friends and semi-evil.

The two best characters who fit this IMHO are:
                      1. Scorpius (Farscape)
                      2. Alfred Bester (Babylon 5)
                      sigpic
                      In the infinite expanse that we occupy, whose to say that something's impossible?

Comment

Baal is such an interesting character--so much so that I would like to see him form some kind of an on-again/off-again relationship with the SGC. I think it is definitely an area that the writers could devote a little time to. Even if it is nothing more than speculation on where his true alliances lie, it would be interesting.
                        -girlgater

Comment

As to you're Black or White assertion: What about the Genii? They're hardly evil, just uncompromising and ruthless but doing what they feel is best.
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

it would have to be a new goauld that has been in hiding someone like zeus, something like that, an ancient god or somethin

Comment

Originally posted by LordAnubis
                              I'd rather see a reformed Ba'al than ANY Merlin!
                              Me too
                              gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                              so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                              love Torri

Comment

Working...
                              X