PDA

View Full Version : better villains.

fibes
May 24th, 2004, 01:01 PM
common please say these vampire lookin things are what beat the ancients...hopfully these are just jaffa like slaves or somthing
glad new series is coming out..disapointed they couldnt come up with somthing more unique, looks like that one is the video is wearing rags for clothing...real advanced huh..someone tell me otherwise though

David85
May 24th, 2004, 01:15 PM
Why do the Wraith need to be advance? Think of it as terrorist vs the USA, we have the best tech, but it doesn't matter when you are up against crazy asses.

GhostPoet
May 24th, 2004, 01:32 PM
Personally..next to the G'oald <sp?> They sound like the most interesting villians so far.

That and I think i'm really going to enjoy the humans who hate us for waking up the Wraiths :)

Lord Loz
May 24th, 2004, 03:22 PM
So, Advanced, in your eyes = better fashion than us? :D

Maybe theyre so advanced that their civilization has realised spending x million hours and all the currency is in fact pointless when the bare essentials are enough ;)

Then they have all the extra time to devise new ways of killing you :D

Jeff O'Connor
May 24th, 2004, 08:05 PM
They seem pretty impressive to me. :p

ShadowMaat
May 24th, 2004, 08:09 PM
I think they look ridiculous and they sound like cheap vampires by way of the movie Lifeforce. Hopefully looks and impressions can be deceiving. I want the A Team to come up against a truly terrifying, incomprehensible nightmare of an undefeatable enemy.

USS Thunderchild
May 24th, 2004, 08:15 PM
Personally..next to the G'oald <sp?> They sound like the most interesting villians so far.

That and I think i'm really going to enjoy the humans who hate us for waking up the Wraiths :) Personally I'm really sick of the Goa'uld, who don't frighten me in the least. I think the Wraith sound pretty neat and menacing.I just hoped they're executed well.

Phil

Anubis
May 24th, 2004, 11:27 PM
It would be great if there was a villian that could not at all be defeated, not even with powers of the Ancients or any other race. It would be interesting to see how it would turn out

At first, I though Anubis would be that person, but then I watched Lost City

TST
May 26th, 2004, 04:46 AM
I like the whole idea of the Wraith, but I have to admit the one in the trailer disappointed me a bit. It looks too human for an evil, impersonal type of enemy.
Still, if we don't see them too often it probably won't be too bad.

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2004, 04:54 AM
I hope the Wraith make an appearance in the pilot and then aren't seen again. Ever. ;) The more I see of them- pics, commercials, etc- the more cheesy they look. Maybe if they concentrate on the Wraith's evilness and leave the Wraith themselves out of the picture, it'll be OK. :P

Anubis
May 26th, 2004, 07:31 AM
I don't think we'll be seeing loads of Wraith. I ahve to agree, they do look very strange. I guess we'll have to find out

GhostPoet
May 26th, 2004, 09:12 AM
I like the whole idea of the Wraith, but I have to admit the one in the trailer disappointed me a bit. It looks too human for an evil, impersonal type of enemy.
Still, if we don't see them too often it probably won't be too bad.

If they looked impersonal...they wouldn't have a good effect on us. Keeping them close to human in appearance helps us relate to them easier on a subconscience level. Completely ALIEN appearances typically have little effect on us.

TST
May 26th, 2004, 09:18 AM
If they looked impersonal...they wouldn't have a good effect on us. Keeping them close to human in appearance helps us relate to them easier on a subconscience level. Completely ALIEN appearances typically have little effect on us.
They don't have to look completely alien, but just inhuman, perhaps like more insectoid or something, except that's a bit cliched...

Mr Prophet
May 26th, 2004, 09:38 AM
I think they look ridiculous and they sound like cheap vampires by way of the movie Lifeforce. Hopefully looks and impressions can be deceiving. I want the A Team...

And there goes any vestige of a possibility of me ever taking Atlantis seriously.

...to come up against a truly terrifying, incomprehensible nightmare of an undefeatable enemy.

Here, here; if you're going to have evil, implacable, life-sucking enemies, have them be some kind of shimmer in the air or moving shadow. Think how much scarier the Shadows in B5 were when we couldn't see them; we just had some inkling they were there.

aAnubiSs
May 26th, 2004, 09:52 AM
And there goes any vestige of a possibility of me ever taking Atlantis seriously.

Here, here; if you're going to have evil, implacable, life-sucking enemies, have them be some kind of shimmer in the air or moving shadow. Think how much scarier the Shadows in B5 were when we couldn't see them; we just had some inkling they were there.

Then again B5 is the best sci-fi show ever.

Apepi
May 26th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Dont think alot of people here would agree with that statement on B5,its a boss show and the films were good,but I think it went off a bit when they stopped featuring the shadows(they were cool) I perfare the quirky but amazing farscape,but nothin beats SG1

Jeff O'Connor
May 26th, 2004, 10:13 AM
I prefer Farscape myself, as well.

ShadowMaat
May 26th, 2004, 10:23 AM
Any truly successful show needs really good Shadows. :D

The trick to a good scare is to leave as much as possible to the imagination. Nine times out of ten, what YOU think up will be much scarier than what THEY supply, because you will base it on your own personal fears and superstitions. Aliens don't have to be COMPLETELY alien in order to be scary, but painting a human blue and giving it pointy ears and sharp teeth is not, by itself, enough of a change to inspire terror. Not for me.

I like the shimmer in the air idea. Or have it be fourth dimensional or something- you see different parts of it as it moves, but you never see the full shape. There's just enough "here" to rend victims to bits, or suck the life out of them, or drive those "touched" by it completely insane/catatonic. Something more than some dude (or dudette) in lots of body paint.

Apepi
May 26th, 2004, 10:25 AM
Well said my friend,,,"Welcome to My cold War" Tick4tac called me a cat

jmoore032000
May 26th, 2004, 10:42 AM
All we have seen is pictures and one short video clip therefore how can we judge what they will be like. Personally I do hope that they are a very dark enemy

E.g. you only know there their after they've killed you

Mr Prophet
May 26th, 2004, 10:46 AM
There was a good episode of Crusade where the crew were stalked by a mysterious killer anytime the sun set on a particular world. In the end it turned out to be an influence that made the crew black out and kill each other, leaving only an impression of something in the shadows in the mind of the 'survivor'. Creepy.

the_fours
May 28th, 2004, 06:58 AM
I want the A Team to come up against a truly terrifying, incomprehensible nightmare of an undefeatable enemy.

wot someone like you shadow :D

ShadowMaat
May 28th, 2004, 07:11 AM
wot someone like you shadow :D
Oh no, I'd be too much for them to handle. Especially McKay. :D You want the show to last more than an ep, it's better to leave me outta the picture. ;)

David85
May 28th, 2004, 07:13 AM
Also, don't forget about the other bad guys, the Genii. The new info on "The Storm" and "The Eye" sound really cool! I guess the enemy of my enemy is not my friend.

Jakebbq
April 18th, 2006, 07:35 PM
personally i dont know what would be worse having a snake living in your neck controlling you for the next thousand or so years while you can do nothing or have the life sucked out of you by a bug man

Damar
April 21st, 2006, 09:00 AM
personally i dont know what would be worse having a snake living in your neck controlling you for the next thousand or so years while you can do nothing or have the life sucked out of you by a bug man

Yeah that's a hard question.

I think i'll go for the life sucking, although it will be incredible painful, at least it will be quick and you are not forced to kill innocents or even your own family with your own hands...or ordering a Jaffa to do it for you.

Tiret
April 21st, 2006, 09:19 AM
Yikes...I don't quite like either of those possibilities...how about something else? :o

Smotus
April 22nd, 2006, 10:55 AM
All we have seen is pictures and one short video clip therefore how can we judge what they will be like. Personally I do hope that they are a very dark enemy

E.g. you only know there their after they've killed you

Hello!:sheppard:

rarocks24
April 22nd, 2006, 02:11 PM
I'd rather take the snake controlling you because there's a total of two possibilities, you could find a way to take control back from the snake living in your head...or the Tok'ra could capture you and remove it. If a wraith fed on you, well, unless someone was in the process of rescuing you, you won't survive at all, and it looks incredibly painful. I'd take the snake controlling.

Elles
April 22nd, 2006, 02:19 PM
Hm... Wraith or Goa'uld... That is a hard question. You know, there is a slight perk to being a Goa'uld. You'd almost have an excuse to be evil and all... but it's still unethical either way... If it came down to it... I think I'd choose... uh... I dunno.

The Ori
April 24th, 2006, 04:29 AM
**** SPOILERS ****
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Well in season 3 there is a new enemy that they bring out, they are called the, highlight = Asurans.

They are an extremely advanced race, maybe as advanced as the Ancients, that the A team will come up against. So now there will be 2 enemies in the Atlantis show.