This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

better villains.

common please say these vampire lookin things are what beat the ancients...hopfully these are just jaffa like slaves or somthing
    glad new series is coming out..disapointed they couldnt come up with somthing more unique, looks like that one is the video is wearing rags for clothing...real advanced huh..someone tell me otherwise though

Why do the Wraith need to be advance? Think of it as terrorist vs the USA, we have the best tech, but it doesn't matter when you are up against crazy asses.
    It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Personally..next to the G'oald <sp?> They sound like the most interesting villians so far.

That and I think i'm really going to enjoy the humans who hate us for waking up the Wraiths
      It feels good to be alive.
      Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

So, Advanced, in your eyes = better fashion than us?

Maybe theyre so advanced that their civilization has realised spending x million hours and all the currency is in fact pointless when the bare essentials are enough

Then they have all the extra time to devise new ways of killing you

Comment

They seem pretty impressive to me.
          If you've seen a Jeff O'Connor or a JeffZero or a Jeff Zero or a JeffZeroConnor elsewhere on the net, there's a considerable chance it's me.

Comment

I think they look ridiculous and they sound like cheap vampires by way of the movie Lifeforce. Hopefully looks and impressions can be deceiving. I want the A Team to come up against a truly terrifying, incomprehensible nightmare of an undefeatable enemy.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
              Personally..next to the G'oald <sp?> They sound like the most interesting villians so far.

That and I think i'm really going to enjoy the humans who hate us for waking up the Wraiths
              Personally I'm really sick of the Goa'uld, who don't frighten me in the least. I think the Wraith sound pretty neat and menacing.I just hoped they're executed well.

Phil
              Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
              Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

It would be great if there was a villian that could not at all be defeated, not even with powers of the Ancients or any other race. It would be interesting to see how it would turn out

At first, I though Anubis would be that person, but then I watched Lost City
                __

__

Comment

I like the whole idea of the Wraith, but I have to admit the one in the trailer disappointed me a bit. It looks too human for an evil, impersonal type of enemy.
                  Still, if we don't see them too often it probably won't be too bad.

Comment

I hope the Wraith make an appearance in the pilot and then aren't seen again. Ever. The more I see of them- pics, commercials, etc- the more cheesy they look. Maybe if they concentrate on the Wraith's evilness and leave the Wraith themselves out of the picture, it'll be OK.

Comment

I don't think we'll be seeing loads of Wraith. I ahve to agree, they do look very strange. I guess we'll have to find out
                      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by TST
                        I like the whole idea of the Wraith, but I have to admit the one in the trailer disappointed me a bit. It looks too human for an evil, impersonal type of enemy.
                        Still, if we don't see them too often it probably won't be too bad.
                        If they looked impersonal...they wouldn't have a good effect on us. Keeping them close to human in appearance helps us relate to them easier on a subconscience level. Completely ALIEN appearances typically have little effect on us.
                        It feels good to be alive.
                        Cause i've been dead for so long.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostPoet
                          If they looked impersonal...they wouldn't have a good effect on us. Keeping them close to human in appearance helps us relate to them easier on a subconscience level. Completely ALIEN appearances typically have little effect on us.
                          They don't have to look completely alien, but just inhuman, perhaps like more insectoid or something, except that's a bit cliched...

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            I think they look ridiculous and they sound like cheap vampires by way of the movie Lifeforce. Hopefully looks and impressions can be deceiving. I want the A Team...
                            And there goes any vestige of a possibility of me ever taking Atlantis seriously.

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                            ...to come up against a truly terrifying, incomprehensible nightmare of an undefeatable enemy.
                            Here, here; if you're going to have evil, implacable, life-sucking enemies, have them be some kind of shimmer in the air or moving shadow. Think how much scarier the Shadows in B5 were when we couldn't see them; we just had some inkling they were there.
                            Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                            - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                              And there goes any vestige of a possibility of me ever taking Atlantis seriously.

Here, here; if you're going to have evil, implacable, life-sucking enemies, have them be some kind of shimmer in the air or moving shadow. Think how much scarier the Shadows in B5 were when we couldn't see them; we just had some inkling they were there.
                              Then again B5 is the best sci-fi show ever.

Comment

Working...
                              X