X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The anceints and the gatebuilders - Possible Spoilers for S9

Possible Spoilers Below.

I didn't see anything in the Season 9 section of the gateworld forum so thought I would start a discussion.

One of this things that is mentioned that is going to be explored is the origin of the ancients and the gatebuilders

"One of the things we're going to be exploring in Season Nine is the origin of the Ancients and the Gatebuilders
    What are your thoughts on how you think this will be? How you want this to be? Do you think they are two seperate people as somewhat implied in the quote above? I'll post my comments after I hear from some of you....
    Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid

Originally posted by odinseye
    Possible Spoilers Below.

I didn't see anything in the Season 9 section of the gateworld forum so thought I would start a discussion.

One of this things that is mentioned that is going to be explored is the origin of the ancients and the gatebuilders

What are your thoughts on how you think this will be? How you want this to be? Do you think they are two seperate people as somewhat implied in the quote above? I'll post my comments after I hear from some of you....
    I personally cant wait...I also hope to see something on the furlings as well. If done well, S9 could be the best one in terms of a stroyline since S6 and S7!

Comment

Ancients and GateBuilders? The ancients didnt invent the gates. They remade them after olderones stopped working. The Gates were built by Ancient Ancients which evolved 2 million years before the Ancients.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Originally posted by odinseye
        Possible Spoilers Below.

I think it was said, already, that the Gatebuiders were Ancients who specialized in building the gates. They were Ancients, however.

Comment

Originally posted by Metonic
          Ancients and GateBuilders? The ancients didnt invent the gates. They remade them after olderones stopped working. The Gates were built by Ancient Ancients which evolved 2 million years before the Ancients.
          Where did you get this from? I don't remember ever seeing or hearing this information before.

Comment

wow... maybe i should say lol at the end of my post that are jokes lol 2nd time today someone thought i was serous lol.

For some reason they have the ancients, and the gate builders. not the Ancients the Gatebuilders or the Gatebuilding Ancients, but they seperate it as two diffrent people. I kinda went to far into the gate because i immediatly thought.. We are 2nd evolution, Tollan Build Gates, DHD ran out of power, and well about a million other things that added up to..

Ancients are the 2nd evolution of Our kind, the first being Ancient Ancients who made the gates, but the gates broek down, and they made cheaper versions of the gate.

anyway... think of it this way, the ancients went thru same thign we did millions of years ago lol...
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

I'm wondering if all the ancients could build gates, like Orlin, or if it's just a specific bunch.

Like on earth, we specialize in things like medcine and stuff. So, even though they seem to be all knowing and such, I think it's realistic to think that the gatebuilders are one "union" and time travel/theory is another.
              'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

I've gotta say that if they do decide that the Gatebuilders and the Ancients are different races then I'll be be very annoyed...way way back in The Fifth Race O'Neill got confirmation of the those races that were in the alliance "seen" in The Torment Of Tantalus.

"The Asgard" - They were the ones doing the talking
                "The Nox" - "Know them"
                "The Furlings" - "Don't know them"
                "and The Ancients, the builders of the stargate network"

If they decide to make the ancients and the "gatebuilders" different races, they are pretty much breaking their own canon. Gatebuilders quite blatently can only refer to the people / race that build the gates...!

Are we to assume that the ancients were the delivery boys of the stargates, the ones who physically put the gates on all the planets/moons etc and build the "stargate network", and that the gatebuilders were some other race that had a stargate manufactring plant and so were the gateBUILDERS, but that they go the ancients to do the leg work by actually putting them around...I think not.

Discuss!

Comment

Can't wait till season 9. But it's such a long time to wait! And as much as I'd like the furlings to be revealed, heck even mentioned, I'm not sure there will be any direct links to them But hey, we can hope and keep our fingers crossed
                  WEIR: I'm still trying to understand, how you thought it was a good idea to test this device by having someone throw you off a balcony

MCKAY: Oh, believe me that's not the first thing we tried.

SHEPPARD: I shot him.... In the leg.

WEIR:

Comment

bump, any comments on my previous post in this thread?

Comment

Originally posted by Blackstar
                      I agree with it
                      gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                      so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                      love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by Blackstar
                        Als oagree and add another episode that says somethign about it...In the Rising SGA 1x01 Daniel says that,(i think) that we could meet the ancients/the gatebuilders. He didnt use the meaning of two races.

Comment

Some of the information is puzzling like the Antarctic gate if you pick at everything, but they say that the antarctis gate is over 50 million years old so perhaps that gate was constructed by the gatebuilder. While the Egyptian gate is said to be around 10 thousand years only thus many have been built by the Ancients.

Comment

I don't know if carbon dating is entirely accurate. I read an article where really old objects have things that are younger then they are woven into their fabric so the results are skewed. this has happened several times with objects found that are 2000 years old or older.
                            'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Or the Ancients built them all and just at different times. Ancients sound like they will be from another galaxy Where they build one of the first gates for the milkyway galaxy. (either brought with them... of build one when they got there) If you think that earth was the first planet they got on in our galaxy it would have the first gate. After that gate was lost in the ice Ra brought his from a useless planet; Thus dating is indeed right.

Comment

Working...
                              X