Paramount pulls plug on Trek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paramount pulls plug on Trek

According to the Dutch papers, the scale of the recent Trek disaster is much bigger then thought so far:

They're not just pulling the plug on Enterprise, they're pulling the plug on all of Trek !!!

This can't happening !!! Arghh !!
    sigpic

SGU Continued....

They wanna get rid off Berman so they can start fresh

It's not good to write contracts that span over several movies

Comment

I beleive they said there not doing more star trek of at least 2 years which is actually a lot shorter breka than it needs.

Wait say ten years then get a fresh new staff and for goodness sake don't let Braga or berman with a hundred mile raidus of the project.

Wait till neo BSG has run its course than get Ron Moore to do the next trek.
      sigpic
      Banner By JME2

Comment

I wouldn't mind them giving Coto(without B&B) a chance to fix S5 in Enterprise.

Comment

I couldn't agree with you more Crazedwraith, Braga & Berman are probably the most hated writers in sci-fi at the moment. In recent interview Jolene Blalock talks about season 4 and you get the impression even the cast don't like them.

Enterprise's Jolene Blalock praises Season 4; Slams Finale; Talks Fan Support
          "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

S
            P
            O
            I
            L
            E
            R

S
            P
            A
            C
            E

I don't believe this !! I have been looking forward to the Romulan War ever since Enterprise began !!
            And they're skipping the WHOLE THING !!!
            That was supposed to be the climax of the series !!
            A big, messy war between Earth and the Romulans.
            sigpic

SGU Continued....

Comment

Originally posted by Janus
              I don't believe this !! I have been looking forward to the Romulan War ever since Enterprise began !!
              And they're skipping the WHOLE THING !!!
              That was supposed to be the climax of the series !!
              A big, messy war between Earth and the Romulans.
              So, that would be interrupted climax, right? Ouch.

Oh well... At least we'll have enough time to look toward other series, like STARGATE and BSG. (although, Edward Olmos already stated that BSG isn't much a Sci-Fi series. It's more of a human drama set in a Sci-Fi setting)
              Enter my game site...

Comment

I like Star Trek and all (this is sad), but it doesn't really affect me. I didn't really care too much for Enterprise.

Sad to hear it's the 'end of Trek'.

Note: User's posts are rarely serious.
                Member of the F.O.R.D. || Martouf Marty's Webpage || (LJ)

Comment

I've read that SpikeTV is interested in a fifth season, and that if there would be one, it would be completely devoid of Braga, because he is working on a new show named Threshold, on CBS

Comment

Originally posted by shockwave
                    I've read that SpikeTV is interested in a fifth season, and that if there would be one, it would be completely devoid of Braga, because he is working on a new show named Threshold, on CBS
                    That's extremely unlikely now that Paramount isn't funding any part of Enterprise. SpikeTV would cave in under the cost of producing the entire show.
                    Enter my game site...

Comment

Originally posted by Gothann
                      So, that would be interrupted climax, right? Ouch.

Oh well... At least we'll have enough time to look toward other series, like STARGATE and BSG. (although, Edward Olmos already stated that BSG isn't much a Sci-Fi series. It's more of a human drama set in a Sci-Fi setting)

I hope not but I fear it will be so. NO space opera please. If they explore the cylons and their nature and technology and reverse evolution from electromechanical to biomechanical that would be cool. It would be like exploring the tek of the Shadows and Vorlons. But if they persist with the space opera stuff I will stop watching.

It was the episode with Starbuck exploring the downed cylon Raider that hooked me to the show.

Comment

Originally posted by fullcircle
                        I hope not but I fear it will be so. NO space opera please. If they explore the cylons and their nature and technology and reverse evolution from electromechanical to biomechanical that would be cool. It would be like exploring the tek of the Shadows and Vorlons. But if they persist with the space opera stuff I will stop watching.

It was the episode with Starbuck exploring the downed cylon Raider that hooked me to the show.
                        In fact, he was mostly talking about the rapport the characters will have between themselves.

I personally like it. Less emphasis on the "Warp Coil", "Hyperdrive", "Jump Engine" or whatever. More emphasis on the characters.

I feel like each and every single character has been developped twice as much in BSG the series than in the movie. Better even, this series has the most character development of and between the characters than you'd expect to see in any sci-fi series, moreso than SG-1's first season or even Star Trek: TNG's first season.
                        Enter my game site...

Comment

In fact, he was mostly talking about the rapport the characters will have between themselves.

I personally like it. Less emphasis on the "Warp Coil", "Hyperdrive", "Jump Engine" or whatever. More emphasis on the characters.

I feel like each and every single character has been developped twice as much in BSG the series than in the movie. Better even, this series has the most character development of and between the characters than you'd expect to see in any sci-fi series, moreso than SG-1's first season or even Star Trek: TNG's first season.

well, there are hundreds of other types of genres for those interested in character development. Try Shakespeare. Science fiction should be about science fiction.

Comment

Originally posted by fullcircle
                            well, there are hundreds of other types of genres for those interested in character development. Try Shakespeare. Science fiction should be about science fiction.
                            Ah, but that's where things are different.

They're trying to make a Sci-Fi/Drama hybrid. If you ask me, it's working VERY well. Enough sci-fi to make the geeks think, enough drama to make the casual viewer get hooked solely on the story.

Although, not enough in each category to make a die-hard fan of each genre like this...
                            Enter my game site...

Comment

That's extremely unlikely now that Paramount isn't funding any part of Enterprise. SpikeTV would cave in under the cost of producing the entire show.
                              You do know that Spike is also owned by Viacom right? So it would be in the same family made by the same people in the same place. There probably would be a lower budget and there would still be all the problems that EVERY single show that isn't on CBS has in the Viacom family.

Comment

Working...
                              X