This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personal shields... early S1 spoilers

I was thinking, with the constant threat of having the life sucked out of ye by the wraith, the personal shield that McKay activated by accident seems like a great idea, theres no way (unless the wraith figured out its frequency) for the wraith to physically touch you, so youre basically invicible.

If there are more than one of these then why dont an elite team put them on and go kick some wraith butt? i can just imagine the look on their (the wraith) faces when they realise that their weapons have no effect hehehe, it would be a great way to kill the wraith queen, assuming they have one that is?
    We are the Wraith who say NI!!!

The personal shield was only a prototype so there won't be too many just lying around. Also, Mckay's was completely drained so they may not be able to make their own as they won't have a fully working one to copy from.
    The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
    The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
    Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
    All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
    Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
    An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
    Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

yeah but he has a point, a personal shield is a huge advantage. i we could find some way to recharge it, must be possible, then we could possible built more. also think how much energy that thing drained from the naquada reactor and long he could stand it - with that much resistance to energy based weps/forces the wearer could possible fight an ascended/ oree and not get killed, let alone the damage he could do to a wraith fortress!
      sigpic
      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
      Stargate : Genesis |
      Original Starship DesignThread
      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by immhotep
        yeah but he has a point, a personal shield is a huge advantage. i we could find some way to recharge it, must be possible, then we could possible built more. also think how much energy that thing drained from the naquada reactor and long he could stand it - with that much resistance to energy based weps/forces the wearer could possible fight an ascended/ oree and not get killed, let alone the damage he could do to a wraith fortress!
        Thats probably why it won't happen. Great for tactical purposes and I would be all for it, but not so good if the enemy you've built up is going to last for a few seasons. It would make for a good season finale in a later season.
        The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
        The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
        Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
        Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
        An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
        Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

i dont think the wraith will be there for that long, lets face it there a crap enemy - weve come up with 150 different ways to kill them on this forum alone, they just wont last. in my opinion they should continue the wraith thing till end of S2 they kill them off in a 2pt'er. then give SGA a few ZPM, some ship, a new enemy, maybe the oree take them on aswell as the two shows sort of join( not on TV but after sg-1 ends atlantis kinda take thier enemy, the oree would want atlantis after all- being ancient)
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by Cronus
            Thats probably why it won't happen. Great for tactical purposes and I would be all for it, but not so good if the enemy you've built up is going to last for a few seasons. It would make for a good season finale in a later season.
            Thats, exactly the way i figured it.

Comment

i think the show is moving way too slowly, sg-1 has been moving so fast lately that for it to be going this slow is driving me insane, this sounds impatient and it is but i just want to laugh, be excited, be intrigued and be learning in the next season; not fighting the wraith!
              sigpic
              11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by aligator_am
                I was thinking, with the constant threat of having the life sucked out of ye by the wraith, the personal shield that McKay activated by accident seems like a great idea, theres no way (unless the wraith figured out its frequency) for the wraith to physically touch you, so youre basically invicible.

If there are more than one of these then why dont an elite team put them on and go kick some wraith butt? i can just imagine the look on their (the wraith) faces when they realise that their weapons have no effect hehehe, it would be a great way to kill the wraith queen, assuming they have one that is?
                just because they got the shields doesnt mean they cant get captured and torchered (AND yes tortured as all they have to do is wait for them to take them off as they have to eat and drink therefore it the wraith just wait for them to either die of dehydration or when they take them off then do as they plz, its only a good thing to have as a ground assault not just a few people, ok if they are just exploring as its better than nothing but not a good idea to just go looking for trouble
                Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

i disagree, i bet that with a strong gene/ better understanding the wearer could disingage certain part of the shield( the head part ) and then go on fighting.
                  sigpic
                  11000! green me

Comment

I agree it would make a cool season finale/2 parter, and would be a handy plot device. Similar to the SG1 ep "upgrades", the shield would serve its purpose then become defunct (even for a couple of seasons)

It would be take the grittiness out of the show if the team had them all the time, what I'm wondering now is whatever happened to the ceramic armour that was being tested in "heroes"? was that scapped or what? could it be modified to stop Wraith stun weapons??
                    We are the Wraith who say NI!!!

Comment

could hey just use the tec to upgard anbis s kull armor and make it stonger and then put that on

Comment

Originally posted by gate01
                        could hey just use the tec to upgard anbis s kull armor and make it stonger and then put that on
                        wont happen due to 'minimal tech crossover rule' the writers have adopted
                        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                        love Torri

Comment

wheres this rule!?
                          sigpic
                          11000! green me

Comment

maybe with goa'uld technology we can make our own personal shields because the goa'uld warlords have them

Make no Mistake... Osiris will return... and the rivers of the earth wil run red in blood

Comment

goauld warlords( system lord is correct), dont have personal shield they have ribbon devices that can produce a shield - these shield are godd but compared with ancient shields theyre nothing ( the anceints invented and mastered shield tech ( atalntis as an example).
                              sigpic
                              11000! green me

Comment

Working...
                              X