This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EzyDVD Contest

I'm quite annoyed to see that fans in Australia finally have a chance to go meet the stars of SG-1 if they happen to buy Season 3 box set which is just released in Australia. Too late considering i bought it ages ago off of Amazon.com. Why is it that we have to wait ages behind the States and UK for any extra trickle of Stargate to filter down to us? The only free to air station that was running Stargate SG1 has reportably dropped it altogether and that was part way through Season 6. The only other way to see it is via cable tv and they are only showing Season 4.

Yes i'm pissed off. I would love the chance to have met with the gang from SG1. Guess now i'll have to wait till they decide to pay me a visit downunder - fat chance of that happening I guess. But hey there's always room for them if they care to!

I've had my rant thankyou!

Bj

Although this probably won't help...the odds of you winning aren't that good anyways
    "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Originally posted by bjmcg
      The only free to air station that was running Stargate SG1 has reportably dropped it altogether and that was part way through Season 6. The only other way to see it is via cable tv and they are only showing Season 4.
      I'm not sure if this applies to you, but I rang Ch7 (Sydney) and they've informed me that they will be bringing back the 2nd half of S7 (it started with 2nd half of S6 then ended 1st half of S7) at the end of rating season, basically towards the end of the year.

Originally posted by bjmcg
      I would love the chance to have met with the gang from SG1. Guess now i'll have to wait till they decide to pay me a visit downunder - fat chance of that happening I guess. But hey there's always room for them if they care to!
      Just for your info, some of the casts have been here in Australia in past conventions like Chris Judge/Teal'c, Michael Shanks/Daniel, Amanda Tapping/Sam, Teryl Rothery/Dr Frasier, and Don S. Davis/General Hammond and among others held in Sydney and Canberra. However, I'm still waiting for the elusive Rick Anderson/Jack O'Neill to attend one of these conventions, but I guess he's just really busy with other commitments. So if you want more info or want to attend the next Stargate convention go to The Best of Both World Conventions site www.bobw.com.au
      If I were a Goddess - let it be that of Love & Beauty

Comment

I know the odds of me winning are pretty slim but hey gotta be in it to win it right!?!

Thanks for the info Aphrodite but i'm in Melbourne and i know programming schedules are different state to state, so i doubt we'll ever see the final two and half seasons on free to air tv.

As for the cast having been here before, i missed Amanda Tapping due to other committments (which i was pissed off about) but once again being in Melbourne limits my experience.... (but i love the place and wouldn't live anywhere else)

Anyway, who knows what the future may hold. Some nice person at MGM may read this and take pity on me... here's hoping!

Thanks for your words guys.
        Bj

Comment

hey, they run contests in the uk all the time...which we can't participate in. they also have stargate cons several times a year...which we don't.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I gave up a long time ago on waiting for MGM to bring the SG-1 boxed sets to Australia. I've did the same as bjmcg and I've gotten Season 3, 4, 5 & 6 (and most likely season 7) from amazon.com.

As for the competition, I briefly skimmed through it, is it just a set visit or do get a chance to make a cameo on the show as well as meeting SG-1?
            "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Pulling this thread up to ask...

Hands up if you entered this competition!

*raises hand*

So far, I only know of me, my brother and one friend who actually entered.

I wanna know if my chances are high or low lol

Comment

Yay for us SaharaGate!

and it wasn't just the season 3 box set that they're linking the comp to. it's seasons 1-4.
                but you have to pre-order 4.

But I agree.. I wanna know if we have a chance in hell of actually winning this thing..

It's just a tour of the set I believe. But also the chance of meeting the actors. Which is what I'm most interested in.

ohh, you cant forget the 5 days accomodation in vancouver either... thats nothing to sneeze at!

Comment

Yay for us!

Well, so far it looks like we are teh only two entering.

So I think our chances are pretty good huh?

I just hope someone who barely watches the show doesn't win...that would be a little frustrating.

We're gonna win, We're gonna win!

Comment

Well I entered. Good luck to everyone who have. And I would also HATE it if the person who wins isn't a BIG fan. I guess I'd also just hate them cause I didn't win.

Comment

I think that SaharaGate and I are a little obsessed with this competition.

We're already talking like we've won. And talking about what we're gonna wear when we meet RDA, what we're gonna say etc.

How many times did you enter Aphrodite?

Comment

Originally posted by Jafana
                        I think that SaharaGate and I are a little obsessed with this competition.

We're already talking like we've won. And talking about what we're gonna wear when we meet RDA, what we're gonna say etc.

How many times did you enter Aphrodite?
                        I only entered once. I already have Box sets S1 and 2 bought by my sis in law from amazon, and my hubby bought S3 at EzyDVD, but we haven't pre-ordered the S4. Well I always say that you've got to be in it to win it whether you enter as many times as you can-and in this case I think you can only enter once unless you planned to buy all 3 box sets and pre-ordered the 4th one.
                        So if you're meant to win you're meant to win, so GOOD LUCK. The competition was drawn today at 2pm EST at the MGM office in Sydney, so we'll just have to wait and see who's won. Let me know if you have means of finding out before they publish the name in the Australian newspaper on June 10th. I'd like to know who was the lucky b1+ch or b@$+@rd and maybe convince them to give me the winning prize

Comment

Just so you all know, I entered with my S3 order, but once I pre-ordered S4, it would not let me enter again with the same name, so if you are planning to enter twice or more, it is a good idea to enter using the other person's name that you are going to take anyway, I was going to take my mother so entered the second time in her name eventhough I ordered the box set in my name. I so hope I win, I need to get out of Australia for the first time, plus i also want to meet the people involved, if i go, i'll get signatures and post the images on the net. Fingers crossed.
                          "Nobody Screws Stargate Like Seven"

Wanna see a signed script cover? http://www.geocities.com/darkwarden/Stargate/index.htm

Technology solving problems.
                          http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org/

Comment

Bloody hell! They are finally deciding to release some box sets here in Australia. After waiting a year between Season 1 and 2 box sets I thought they were all going to be like that so I took the initiative and got Season 3, 4, 5 AND 6 from Amazon.com!

And don't get my started on SG-1 merchandise! I know you'll all be envious but I had to order my Stargate SG-1 poster from the MGM Online store and it took over a month to arrive.

I think the release for Season 7 box set is October, but I'm not too sure if that is a UK or USA release date.
                            "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

Comment

Originally posted by Aphrodite
                              I only entered once. I already have Box sets S1 and 2 bought by my sis in law from amazon, and my hubby bought S3 at EzyDVD, but we haven't pre-ordered the S4. Well I always say that you've got to be in it to win it whether you enter as many times as you can-and in this case I think you can only enter once unless you planned to buy all 3 box sets and pre-ordered the 4th one.
                              So if you're meant to win you're meant to win, so GOOD LUCK. The competition was drawn today at 2pm EST at the MGM office in Sydney, so we'll just have to wait and see who's won. Let me know if you have means of finding out before they publish the name in the Australian newspaper on June 10th. I'd like to know who was the lucky b1+ch or b@$+@rd and maybe convince them to give me the winning prize

Wow! I didn't know it was drawn today!

Oh, and you should keep checking the EzyDVD site. The winner will probably be announced there before it is in the papers.

Plus they notify you by mail.

That is so exciting! That means *somebody* *somewhere* already knows who the winner is!

Jafana and I sorta pooled our resources. I bought two seasons and she bought 3 (she hadn't bought any DVD's yet and wanted to in the long-run anyway). So we are going to go together if one of us wins.

Unless my Season 2 set is the winning ticket coz then I'll take my brother....he is a huge fan too and I didn't want to have to choose between them both if I won so I made them choose a set each lol!

Good luck to everyone that entered!

The runner-up prize isn't bad either - a signed script.

Comment

Working...
                              X