PDA

View Full Version : EzyDVD Contest

bjmcg
May 23rd, 2004, 11:51 PM
I'm quite annoyed to see that fans in Australia finally have a chance to go meet the stars of SG-1 if they happen to buy Season 3 box set which is just released in Australia. Too late considering i bought it ages ago off of Amazon.com. Why is it that we have to wait ages behind the States and UK for any extra trickle of Stargate to filter down to us? The only free to air station that was running Stargate SG1 has reportably dropped it altogether and that was part way through Season 6. The only other way to see it is via cable tv and they are only showing Season 4.

Yes i'm pissed off. I would love the chance to have met with the gang from SG1. Guess now i'll have to wait till they decide to pay me a visit downunder - fat chance of that happening I guess. But hey there's always room for them if they care to!

I've had my rant thankyou!

Bj :(

petzke_42
May 24th, 2004, 01:21 AM
Although this probably won't help...the odds of you winning aren't that good anyways

Aphrodite
May 24th, 2004, 06:16 AM
The only free to air station that was running Stargate SG1 has reportably dropped it altogether and that was part way through Season 6. The only other way to see it is via cable tv and they are only showing Season 4. I'm not sure if this applies to you, but I rang Ch7 (Sydney) and they've informed me that they will be bringing back the 2nd half of S7 (it started with 2nd half of S6 then ended 1st half of S7) at the end of rating season, basically towards the end of the year.

I would love the chance to have met with the gang from SG1. Guess now i'll have to wait till they decide to pay me a visit downunder - fat chance of that happening I guess. But hey there's always room for them if they care to! Just for your info, some of the casts have been here in Australia in past conventions like Chris Judge/Teal'c, Michael Shanks/Daniel, Amanda Tapping/Sam, Teryl Rothery/Dr Frasier, and Don S. Davis/General Hammond and among others held in Sydney and Canberra. However, I'm still waiting for the elusive Rick Anderson/Jack O'Neill to attend one of these conventions, but I guess he's just really busy with other commitments. So if you want more info or want to attend the next Stargate convention go to The Best of Both World Conventions site www.bobw.com.au (http://www.bobw.com.au)

bjmcg
May 24th, 2004, 05:48 PM
I know the odds of me winning are pretty slim but hey gotta be in it to win it right!?!

Thanks for the info Aphrodite but i'm in Melbourne and i know programming schedules are different state to state, so i doubt we'll ever see the final two and half seasons on free to air tv.

As for the cast having been here before, i missed Amanda Tapping due to other committments (which i was pissed off about) but once again being in Melbourne limits my experience.... (but i love the place and wouldn't live anywhere else)

Anyway, who knows what the future may hold. Some nice person at MGM may read this and take pity on me... here's hoping!

Thanks for your words guys.
Bj

Skydiver
May 24th, 2004, 06:31 PM
hey, they run contests in the uk all the time...which we can't participate in. they also have stargate cons several times a year...which we don't.

Positively Kanyon
May 24th, 2004, 06:48 PM
I gave up a long time ago on waiting for MGM to bring the SG-1 boxed sets to Australia. I've did the same as bjmcg and I've gotten Season 3, 4, 5 & 6 (and most likely season 7) from amazon.com.

As for the competition, I briefly skimmed through it, is it just a set visit or do get a chance to make a cameo on the show as well as meeting SG-1?

SaharaGate
June 1st, 2004, 01:23 AM
Pulling this thread up to ask...

Hands up if you entered this competition!

*raises hand*

So far, I only know of me, my brother and one friend who actually entered.

I wanna know if my chances are high or low lol

Jafana
June 1st, 2004, 01:50 AM
Yay for us SaharaGate!

and it wasn't just the season 3 box set that they're linking the comp to. it's seasons 1-4.
but you have to pre-order 4.

But I agree.. I wanna know if we have a chance in hell of actually winning this thing..

It's just a tour of the set I believe. But also the chance of meeting the actors. Which is what I'm most interested in.

ohh, you cant forget the 5 days accomodation in vancouver either... thats nothing to sneeze at!

SaharaGate
June 1st, 2004, 03:05 AM
Yay for us!

Well, so far it looks like we are teh only two entering.

So I think our chances are pretty good huh?

I just hope someone who barely watches the show doesn't win...that would be a little frustrating.

We're gonna win, We're gonna win!

Aphrodite
June 1st, 2004, 07:27 AM
Well I entered. Good luck to everyone who have. And I would also HATE :p it if the person who wins isn't a BIG fan. I guess I'd also just hate them cause I didn't win.:p

Jafana
June 1st, 2004, 09:54 PM
I think that SaharaGate and I are a little obsessed with this competition.

We're already talking like we've won. And talking about what we're gonna wear when we meet RDA, what we're gonna say etc.

How many times did you enter Aphrodite?

Aphrodite
June 1st, 2004, 11:02 PM
I think that SaharaGate and I are a little obsessed with this competition.

We're already talking like we've won. And talking about what we're gonna wear when we meet RDA, what we're gonna say etc.

How many times did you enter Aphrodite? I only entered once. I already have Box sets S1 and 2 bought by my sis in law from amazon, and my hubby bought S3 at EzyDVD, but we haven't pre-ordered the S4. Well I always say that you've got to be in it to win it whether you enter as many times as you can-and in this case I think you can only enter once unless you planned to buy all 3 box sets and pre-ordered the 4th one.
So if you're meant to win you're meant to win, so GOOD LUCK. The competition was drawn today at 2pm EST at the MGM office in Sydney, so we'll just have to wait and see who's won. Let me know if you have means of finding out before they publish the name in the Australian newspaper on June 10th. I'd like to know who was the lucky b1+ch or [email protected][email protected] :p and maybe convince them to give me the winning prize :p:D

darkwarden
June 2nd, 2004, 12:40 AM
Just so you all know, I entered with my S3 order, but once I pre-ordered S4, it would not let me enter again with the same name, so if you are planning to enter twice or more, it is a good idea to enter using the other person's name that you are going to take anyway, I was going to take my mother so entered the second time in her name eventhough I ordered the box set in my name. I so hope I win, I need to get out of Australia for the first time, plus i also want to meet the people involved, if i go, i'll get signatures and post the images on the net. Fingers crossed.

Positively Kanyon
June 2nd, 2004, 12:51 AM
Bloody hell! They are finally deciding to release some box sets here in Australia. After waiting a year between Season 1 and 2 box sets I thought they were all going to be like that so I took the initiative and got Season 3, 4, 5 AND 6 from Amazon.com!

And don't get my started on SG-1 merchandise! I know you'll all be envious but I had to order my Stargate SG-1 poster from the MGM Online store and it took over a month to arrive.

I think the release for Season 7 box set is October, but I'm not too sure if that is a UK or USA release date.

SaharaGate
June 2nd, 2004, 01:18 AM
I only entered once. I already have Box sets S1 and 2 bought by my sis in law from amazon, and my hubby bought S3 at EzyDVD, but we haven't pre-ordered the S4. Well I always say that you've got to be in it to win it whether you enter as many times as you can-and in this case I think you can only enter once unless you planned to buy all 3 box sets and pre-ordered the 4th one.
So if you're meant to win you're meant to win, so GOOD LUCK. The competition was drawn today at 2pm EST at the MGM office in Sydney, so we'll just have to wait and see who's won. Let me know if you have means of finding out before they publish the name in the Australian newspaper on June 10th. I'd like to know who was the lucky b1+ch or [email protected][email protected] :p and maybe convince them to give me the winning prize :p:D

Wow! I didn't know it was drawn today!

Oh, and you should keep checking the EzyDVD site. The winner will probably be announced there before it is in the papers.

Plus they notify you by mail.

That is so exciting! That means *somebody* *somewhere* already knows who the winner is!

Jafana and I sorta pooled our resources. I bought two seasons and she bought 3 (she hadn't bought any DVD's yet and wanted to in the long-run anyway). So we are going to go together if one of us wins.

Unless my Season 2 set is the winning ticket coz then I'll take my brother....he is a huge fan too and I didn't want to have to choose between them both if I won so I made them choose a set each lol!

Good luck to everyone that entered!

The runner-up prize isn't bad either - a signed script.

SaharaGate
June 2nd, 2004, 01:20 AM
Just so you all know, I entered with my S3 order, but once I pre-ordered S4, it would not let me enter again with the same name, so if you are planning to enter twice or more, it is a good idea to enter using the other person's name that you are going to take anyway, I was going to take my mother so entered the second time in her name eventhough I ordered the box set in my name. I so hope I win, I need to get out of Australia for the first time, plus i also want to meet the people involved, if i go, i'll get signatures and post the images on the net. Fingers crossed.

Well I entered twice and Jafana entered 3 times and we used the same entry details each time with no problem.

Are you sure you didn't accidentally put in the same receipt no.?

The terms and conditions said one entry per item purchased, so if you buy more than one set you get to enter more than once.

darkwarden
June 2nd, 2004, 02:04 AM
Yeah I am sure I entered different receipt numbers, it rejected the entry first time I tried saying you have already entered when I tried entering the second time I just changed the name on the entry form and it went through OK. They might have changed the requirements between when you entered and when I entered, I waited for a while before ordering S4, if you ordered it when it was listed and entered at the same time you may have gotten before they changed the requirements maybe. Dunno.

SaharaGate
June 2nd, 2004, 02:20 AM
Yeah I am sure I entered different receipt numbers, it rejected the entry first time I tried saying you have already entered when I tried entering the second time I just changed the name on the entry form and it went through OK. They might have changed the requirements between when you entered and when I entered, I waited for a while before ordering S4, if you ordered it when it was listed and entered at the same time you may have gotten before they changed the requirements maybe. Dunno.

Well I entered before Jafana, about halfway through the promotion. Then she ordered after me, and then she ordered another set on the very last day of the competition (spur of the moment I think).

So both of us entered multiple times with no problems...

I hope our entries are valid!

I'm pretty sure they are though coz the terms and conditions said:

"Entrants must retain confirmed receipt number for all entries as proof of purchase and this number must match the receipt number entered as password for entry. Only one entry per product purchased permitted."

They use the word 'entries', plural, and it says one entry per purchase, not person.

Still, it's weird that you couldn't enter twice...not that it matters since you got around it.

Did you enter early on in the competition?

darkwarden
June 2nd, 2004, 02:49 AM
I entered the first time on the 13th of May, but I can't remember the second time I entered, I ordered S4 on the 18th so it would have been a day or two after that.

SaharaGate
June 2nd, 2004, 03:12 AM
Weirder and weirder.

That's around the time I entered (when you did your second entry).

Can't explain it I'm afraid. All I know is it didn't reject my entry....took me to the same Stargate page thingy after it accepted it both times.

At least we all seem to be in the draw. That's the main thing...

darkwarden
June 2nd, 2004, 03:16 AM
Yeah I am so glad I managed to get two entries in the draw, I would have kicked myself so hard I would be sucking on my shoe, and trust me that would be bad, my shoes stink. LOL.

SaharaGate
June 2nd, 2004, 03:21 AM
Yeah I am so glad I managed to get two entries in the draw, I would have kicked myself so hard I would be sucking on my shoe, and trust me that would be bad, my shoes stink. LOL.

LOL too funny!

I'm slightly worried now that I don't have my two entries in...

I was feeling all smug because I've technically got 5 chances of winning since Jafana is gonna take me if she wins...

But if we both only *really* entered once...that sucks. Although that is still two chances, which is better than one.

But I *think* it worked properly.

If I win, I'm gonna write a report about about - I'm a journo anyway (almost) - and I'm gonna take heaps of pics.

PLEASE let it be me!! LOL Or Jafana. Jafana winning is equally acceptable ;)

Although if it isn't me (or Jafana), then I really hope it is someone from this forum. Whoever wins will hopefully be a huge fan so they can appreciate it.

So again, good luck to everyone here.

darkwarden
June 2nd, 2004, 03:27 AM
Yeah, good luck all, btw SaharaGate I love your signature pic.

SaharaGate
June 2nd, 2004, 04:32 AM
Yeah, good luck all, btw SaharaGate I love your signature pic.

Aww thanks :D

But I seem to always get people asking whether it is really from an ep though lol.

So if you're wondering, the dialogue is made up but the picture is from the Exodus/Enemies 2 parter.

I'm about due for a new one soon...but then maybe nobody will recognise me! ;)

darkwarden
June 2nd, 2004, 04:34 AM
Ha ha ha, the text kept me laughing for a while.

Jafana
June 3rd, 2004, 08:25 PM
Whether we've won or not, i just want to know.

this obsessive compulsive checking of the site, the mail box and emailing saharagate is eating into my study time.

agghgh

darkwarden
June 5th, 2004, 04:22 AM
I don't suppose anyone here knows who won? I am so impatient about these sorts of things.

Back to a previous discussion earlier about how most likely the person who won was probably someone who ordered by accident or something, how much should they have a set of three questions or something that you have to answer correctly to even have a chance of winning? This would prevent this sort of thing hapening (if it did), this is done on competitions about computer hardware so why not trips to ensure that a fan of the show wins?

Jafana
June 5th, 2004, 07:36 PM
According to this site:
http://www.tv1.com.au/chat.php
the winner was announced on TV1 yesterday (saturday 5th)

but it also said that people were supposed to check the tv1 site for the 10 runners up, and they havent been displayed yet.

it's probably wishful thinking but im desperately hoping that something has happened and they might do a redraw.

(discarding of course, the knowledge gained from the terms and conditions that a redraw would not happen until august of this year, which would mean no set visit, due to their finishing filming. :()

I was soooo disappointed.
evidently arrogance does not work.

you would think i would learn that from the many Goa'uld that are slapped down for that very feature.

darkwarden
June 6th, 2004, 01:06 AM
I'm presuming that the charmed that it was announced on was the TV1 charmed not the Ten charmed? If so damn! I watched the Ten charmed, I want Foxtel.

Well whoever wins out there, good luck and you had better be a fan.

SaharaGate
June 6th, 2004, 02:00 AM
I don't suppose anyone here knows who won? I am so impatient about these sorts of things.

Back to a previous discussion earlier about how most likely the person who won was probably someone who ordered by accident or something, how much should they have a set of three questions or something that you have to answer correctly to even have a chance of winning? This would prevent this sort of thing hapening (if it did), this is done on competitions about computer hardware so why not trips to ensure that a fan of the show wins?

I agree with this 10000%

I mean come on....not just anyone should be able to win.

Even a question as easy as, "what is Major Carter's first name" would be fine.

darkwarden
June 6th, 2004, 02:38 AM
Yeah, as long as there is some sort of safe guard against just anyone winning everything would be so much better, no offence SaharaGate, but just 'Samantha' would still be too easy I reckon, I think that that is said on EzyDVD's site under any of the DVDs, so it would need to be something that people would hopefully need to have watched the show to know.

SaharaGate
June 6th, 2004, 03:45 AM
Yeah, as long as there is some sort of safe guard against just anyone winning everything would be so much better, no offence SaharaGate, but just 'Samantha' would still be too easy I reckon, I think that that is said on EzyDVD's site under any of the DVDs, so it would need to be something that people would hopefully need to have watched the show to know.

Yeah, I know it's an easy question, but I think it would eliminate a certain number of people.

I have to watch a show for a while to remember all the character's names. And if they don't know the name, looking it up is yet another thing they have to be bothered doing before they can enter the comp.

Ideally, it would be a tough question only fans such as ourselves could answer (the decay rate of naquadah? Do I even know the answer to that???) but most competitions such as this that I've seen have been REALLY easy.

Or they often ask a question about the episode that just aired to make sure you were watching and paying attention (but they're still pretty easy). e.g.

What kind of beer did O'Neill offer Sam when she visited his house.

Or something like that.

I mean, the whole point of the competition is to sell as many DVD's as possible...if you make it too hard, you eliminate too many potential buyers.

I just think ANYTHING would be better than nothing...

I mean some random person who just wanted the trip to vancouver could have won - or someone buying the DVD's to sell on ebay, or to give away.

I just hope the person that won posts about his experience somewhere on the web.

Then we'll know for sure.

darkwarden
June 6th, 2004, 07:16 AM
Yeah, if there is ever another competition like this run again, if we can get any advance notice before it is launched, we should try calling them suggesting this idea to them, but it would probably only work if the person who won this time was not a fan or watched it on the odd chance.

Please let the winner be on the net somewhere!

darkwarden
June 7th, 2004, 01:33 AM
OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG I have great news all, I just received my signed script!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! I got 'Ressurection', luckily this win was in my mum's name so there is still a chance for me to win the trip. Please let me win!

I will scan copies of the front cover for you all soon so that you can at least have a look at it if you don't get anything, the signatures aren't bad, except RDA's leaves a bit to be desired.....

darkwarden
June 7th, 2004, 07:45 AM
Congratulations to the winners:
Trip Winner: Tony Zackem

Runner Ups: Tim Bolden; Mark Coles; Tanya Bailey; Andrew Wiseman; Adam Daffin; Philip Johnson; Jessica Jones; Angela Trotter; Lynda Hancock; Ashley Green

The name in bold was my winning entry, I hate the saying but I'm Stoked! :eek:

Tony Zackem, you are a very lucky person.

Jafana
June 8th, 2004, 12:36 AM
Congratulations

*said very grudgingly*

lol, but seriously well done.

you get a boardgame too dont you?

you'll have to let us know what it's like.

darkwarden
June 8th, 2004, 01:51 AM
Thanks, yeah getting a board game too, apparently they haven't arrived from the US yet.

I heard from a girl in MovieManiacs that it is pretty good, also read somewhere that the rules are kinda hard or something.... can't really remember that well lol.

Positively Kanyon
June 8th, 2004, 02:02 AM
Congratulations Darkwarden, you lucky [email protected]!

SaharaGate
June 8th, 2004, 06:08 AM
OMG, OMG, OMG, OMG I have great news all, I just received my signed script!!!!!!!!!!!! Woooooooooo Hooooooooooooo!!!!!!!! I got 'Ressurection', luckily this win was in my mum's name so there is still a chance for me to win the trip. Please let me win!

I will scan copies of the front cover for you all soon so that you can at least have a look at it if you don't get anything, the signatures aren't bad, except RDA's leaves a bit to be desired.....

Wow!

Congratulations!

Well at least we know one person who won something was fan! :D :D :D

I'm so jealous...I won nothing :(

Had five chances too...

Make sure you post info about the script....like differences in dialogue etc.

What was wrong with RDA's sig?

darkwarden
June 8th, 2004, 07:08 AM
He (RDA) basically just wrote his name, there was nothing really special about it, Amanda did all this wavy stuff and CJ you could barely read.

I haven't actually read the script yet, i've looked at bits of it, should I be using medical gloves or something, should I read it? I'm thinking of getting it framed.

SaharaGate
June 8th, 2004, 05:55 PM
He (RDA) basically just wrote his name, there was nothing really special about it, Amanda did all this wavy stuff and CJ you could barely read.

I haven't actually read the script yet, i've looked at bits of it, should I be using medical gloves or something, should I read it? I'm thinking of getting it framed.

lol!

If I were you, I'd read it once...maybe photocopy it, then frame it. Or you could shrink-wrap it...then it will stay in great condition forever and might become a collector's item when the stargate franchise keeps growing and growing...you know, a script from the series that 'started it all', by one of the original actors who played a part written for the original movie...

not too shabby at all. Not to mention the autographs.

I've never seen RDA's autograph, but I have CJ's and MS's...not that I got to meet them unfortunately.

Oh, and u should transcribe it for us ;)

Maybe scan the front page??? :D

Positively Kanyon
June 8th, 2004, 06:29 PM
Well sucked in to all you guys cause darkwarden has promised to send me a scan of the cover... FIRST!!!

darkwarden
June 8th, 2004, 06:41 PM
Yeah, I might send you a cover first by like 5 seconds, until it has finished uploading to the site........

I might try transcribing it, but that would take me a while, yes, i'm a bum with nothing to do but all the spare time I have seems to disappears lol

Amanda's signature is probably one of the best, MS's is pretty good, CJ's looks a bit odd, it took me a while to realise who it was at first, and, well, RDA's was pretty obvious.

D.C.
June 8th, 2004, 07:23 PM
I was going to ask whether the writer signed it, but remembered that Michael Shanks was the writer.

darkwarden
June 8th, 2004, 08:37 PM
Yeah, another signature would have been nice, but having the SG1 team sign it does seem pretty good, kinda like an exclusive sorta thing. MS is pretty good tho, i'm about to be caned for saying that, but I think he is a good character he does add some annoying stuff to the series but he interestes me for some reason.

D.C.
June 8th, 2004, 08:47 PM
Have you seen this episode yet?

darkwarden
June 8th, 2004, 08:49 PM
Yeah I downloaded this one a long time ago, it's not a bad ep, but not one of my favourites.

D.C.
June 8th, 2004, 08:53 PM
Yeah, I've got it downloaded as well. It's not the best, but it's not the worst either. I downloaded it with Heroes, Part 1 & 2 and Inauguration and I thought it was the worst out of those ones. What's Michael Shank's writing like?

darkwarden
June 8th, 2004, 08:59 PM
His writing seems pretty good, but the ep didn't seem to get much interest from most people watching it, but I still haven't really read that much of it, just stood and stared at it for about 20 mins when it arrived.

D.C.
June 8th, 2004, 09:01 PM
Do you think you could scan one scene with that cover page so that we can see the writing for ourselves? Cause that would be pretty damn cool. :)

darkwarden
June 8th, 2004, 09:03 PM
Yeah I can do that, I'm just about to head out tho, so it might not be till tomorrow some time, also I tried attaching an image to one of my posts earlier and it didn't want to work, so I may have to upload the files to my crap as geocities account and let you all look at them there.

D.C.
June 8th, 2004, 09:05 PM
Thanks, that's cool.

SaharaGate
June 9th, 2004, 02:32 AM
Yeah, another signature would have been nice, but having the SG1 team sign it does seem pretty good, kinda like an exclusive sorta thing. MS is pretty good tho, i'm about to be caned for saying that, but I think he is a good character he does add some annoying stuff to the series but he interestes me for some reason.

Why would you be caned for saying that?

I love Daniel...almost as much as O'Neill ;)

I love the whole team.......... :D

SaharaGate
June 9th, 2004, 02:36 AM
His writing seems pretty good, but the ep didn't seem to get much interest from most people watching it, but I still haven't really read that much of it, just stood and stared at it for about 20 mins when it arrived.

Well when I first saw that ep, it left me kind of "blaaaah", but I wasn't sure why.

There were a couple of places where it got too talky, where a shot of something other than a talking head would have been good. But apart from that, it was an awesome idea, great concept.

BUT the good news is....I watched it again just recently and REALLY enjoyed it. It's like not thinking about it for a few months, then going back to it, did something. The creepy scientist didn't seem as over-the-top for a start.

I was really engrossed in it this time around, so I'm thinking maybe it's just a case of getting used to the different writing and shooting style? It just had a different 'beat' about it.

So my recommendation is that you all go watch it again and see what you think.

D.C.
June 9th, 2004, 03:03 AM
I thought that scientist guy was over-the-top as well. It reminded me of some movie, especially the way Tapping shot it as well.

darkwarden
June 9th, 2004, 06:41 PM
I can't really remember that much about that episode, the scientist guy sounds familiar but I can't really remember that much, I must watch it again.

D.C.
June 9th, 2004, 11:26 PM
Read the script.

darkwarden
June 9th, 2004, 11:48 PM
Hahaha, not a bad idea, i'll do both, then I can find out what might have changed, I actually looked a bit harder at it today and says it is a 'pink draft' whatever that means.

darkwarden
June 9th, 2004, 11:56 PM
Also just so you are all aware I managed to get the scanner to finally pick up the signatures and I am now working on the web page that I will probably end up posting them on, it should be up tomorrow, I just hope my geocities account won't deactivate due to too much traffic.

If they do shut it down, then i'll just have to move it over to my server, but that would take a while to arrange.

Tomorrow peoples!

Also I only have two images the front cover and a page that I picked randomly so that you have an idea of what it looks like through the rest of the script.

D.C.
June 10th, 2004, 03:42 AM
I think Green is the final draft, so you might have something that differs from the finished product.

darkwarden
June 10th, 2004, 03:52 AM
Yeah maybe, I'm not quite sure how all the drafts work, but they do list a few dates on the cover, and the latest (most recent) is the pink draft.

I'll let you all decide tomorrow when I finish off my site then you can see for yourselves and make up your own minds.

darkwarden
June 10th, 2004, 11:03 PM
As promised all, you can now take a look at the script that I won, the link to the page is in my signature.

Bagpuss
June 13th, 2004, 01:34 PM
Congratulations,you lucky ,lucky person! :D
(Afraid your link doesn't work though...no "Biggie",just thought I'd better mention it! ;) )

darkwarden
June 13th, 2004, 08:55 PM
(Afraid your link doesn't work though...no "Biggie",just thought I'd better mention it! ;) )

Do you mean that it isn't hyperlinked or that you can't access the web page?

I tried and I can get to it, so i presume you mean the former. I'll see if i can fix that.

D.C.
June 13th, 2004, 09:07 PM
Links working now. Before I just typed it into the Address bar at the top of Internet Explorer. :)

darkwarden
June 13th, 2004, 09:10 PM
Yeah, the other forums i'm on just automatically made it a hyperlink, but this one did not, so I just fixed it up.

D.C.
June 13th, 2004, 09:13 PM
I think it would if it was in a normal message, but when you put stuff in your signature you've got to put the stuff to make it a link. Have a chance to read it yet?

darkwarden
June 13th, 2004, 09:17 PM
Nah, still haven't read it. Will get to it one day..... lol

D.C.
June 13th, 2004, 09:26 PM
Heh, if you won the holiday to Vancouver would you keep putting it off as well? :)

darkwarden
June 13th, 2004, 09:29 PM
Um ....... no I don't think so......

lol.

Bagpuss
June 14th, 2004, 01:35 AM
Thanks,darkwarden!! :D All up and running,you lovely guy! :cool:
(Very cool prize,IMO,and thanks for sharing your success on GW with nosy people like me! ;) )

darkwarden
June 14th, 2004, 02:21 AM
Hahaha thats ok, I felt everyone should have a chance to see one of the scripts, the others probably went to people who aren't fans or something stupid.

D.C.
June 14th, 2004, 06:14 PM
Why would they buy the DVDs if they weren't fans? :)

darkwarden
June 14th, 2004, 06:15 PM
Probably one of those thoughtless gifts from a relative who is trying to do their best to get to know them or something, i've had my fair share of those over the years.

D.C.
June 14th, 2004, 06:16 PM
It would make an awesome present to give with the DVDs though. :)

darkwarden
June 14th, 2004, 06:20 PM
Hell yeah, all the thoughtless gifts I ever received were books out of donation bins and similar places.

darkwarden
June 26th, 2004, 12:58 AM
Just thought i'd tell you all, I just tried playing the Stargate board game, and well, my head hurts, I played with my brother so there were only the two of us and it was so confusing that we gave up in the end, it is very easy to lose track of what is happening and where you last moved.

We did about three of the moving rounds and then we just gave up as we lost track of what we just did and all.

My advice: If you want to get the game just so that you can say that you have it then by all means go and get it, but if you are the type of person that actually wants to play this game and enjoy it, you wouldn't, it would have to be one of the most confusing board games that I have come across.

It might be better if you had more players as there would be less starships and battle units on the board at once, but it would still be rather awkward to understand and work who did/does what.

Jafana
June 26th, 2004, 01:12 AM
i was under the impression it was similar to Risk.
which at first can be quite confusing, but once you learn the rules it's a lot of fun, and quite challenging.

have you played risk to be able to compare it?

darkwarden
June 26th, 2004, 06:57 AM
I haven't played Risk, but we understood the rules, but after a few turns there were pieces all over the board and we just lost track of where we were up to so easily that we gave up as it just started to get too complex.

darkwarden
June 29th, 2004, 03:06 AM
OMG, sorry to pull this thread back up to the top, but just thought you might all want to know, in case you haven't checked EzyDVD recently for the Season 4 box set release date, it has been brought forward, it was originally the 24th of August, then it was the 18th August, now it is the 9th of July, next friday!

I have never known a DVD to be brought forward so many times and so much, this is a great day for all of us who haven't ordered them from the US or somewhere else, this is much faster then the other box set releases.

I can't wait, I haven't stopped jumping since I read this tonight. WOW! Here I go again.

Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump! Jump!

Yahoo!

Jafana
June 29th, 2004, 11:56 PM
A big resounding WHOOT!! that means it will be sent out soon after that. yayay!!!

it also still means though that my season five that i ordered from amazon.co.uk will still arrive earlier than season four - but who's complaining!!!

ohhhhhhhh i sooo cant wait to watch Window of Opportunity on MY VERY OWN SEASON FOUR BOX SET!!!!

thanks for the info Darkwarden!!

darkwarden
June 30th, 2004, 12:07 AM
Thats cool, Jafa, it should be sent out sooner than that date, all the ones i've ordered have arrived early or on that date, meaning that they were shipped earlier, if you link MSN or one of the other programs to your email account, i'll tell you when the email arrives saying it has been sent, it's nice to know exactly when it has just been shipped.

As I now use couriers quite a bit (I have a small business) they normally guarantee next day delivery, so depending on where you are in your state you should get it the next day after it was shipped.

Jafana
June 30th, 2004, 01:39 AM
thanks, but i'll get the same email, likely on the same day you do.

i've had it ordered since the (ill-fated) competition. and i've recently lost patience with the australian releases and have ordered season 5 from the UK.

I thought to myself that even in the unlikely event the competition will be run again next year for the release of season 5, I could always buy the extra box sets and sell them on ebay - likely for slightly more than i bought them as well..
it seems that way anyway.

darkwarden
June 30th, 2004, 06:09 AM
Yeah, I ordered my Season 4 then as well, I had also lost patience with the Australian release dates, but since they brought this one forward I am now thinking that they might start releasing them more recently.

Although I am still looking at getting the future seasons from the US as it may still be too long for me to wait for them to be released here.

Jafana
July 1st, 2004, 01:37 AM
I've actually found it's slightly cheaper from the UK.
and, if you dont have a multi-region dvd player, then you're in a bit of a stink.

darkwarden
July 1st, 2004, 07:31 PM
Really, when I do a currency conversion from the UK to here, it is far more expansive, you might have bought at the right time, it seems as most of the DVD players being released recently have multi-region capabilities, although normally you need to know the secret code to get to the hidden config menu.

darkwarden
July 1st, 2004, 07:40 PM
Ah shoot, I just checked EzyDVD again to check the release date, now it has changed back to the 18th of August!!!!

They must have accidentally changed the wrong item, damn, it's not fair to get our hopes up like that.