X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

8.18 "Threads" -> 60 or 90 mins ???

OK ! Weeks ago, I saw the outstanding "Threads"
    in the Sky One version ... but it was only 60 minutes long ...
    and I read SciFi announced "Threads" was 90 minutes long !

So ???
    - Is Threads really 60 mins long -> SciFi made a mistake ?
    - Is Threads indeed 90 mins long -> Sky One cut 30 mins of the episode ???

Please ... I need your help !
    I have always benn thinking I had a complete version of "Threads",
    but now I've a big doubt ... and now when I watch my Sky One "Threads", I'm feeling a few things are cut off ...

Sky One showed the 90 minute version. If you take into account the adverts, that cuts the time down of actual Stargate stuff.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
      Sky One showed the 90 minute version. If you take into account the adverts, that cuts the time down of actual Stargate stuff.
      You mean there's almost half an hour of adverts !
      OMG ! In France, we have only 3 or 4 minutes of adverts in the middle of our SG Episodes .

Thanks for answering - I'm a little bit relaxed ...

Comment

Originally posted by Harlan
        OMG ! In France, we have only 3 or 4 minutes of adverts in the middle of our SG Episodes .
        Ohhh now I'm jealous! The ad breaks here drive me nuts, if they show SG-1 on Channel 4 (terrestrial TV channel) you only get 3 or 4 ads in a couple of minutes which is ok, but Sky 1 gives you enough time in the three breaks they use to pad the show out to fill the 60 minute slot to take the dog for a walk, make a coffee, make a sandwich and still have time to build a naquadah generator ... well okay, maybe not quite that much time but it certainly feels like it sometimes.

It's standard Sky 1 procedure with all 40-45 minute shows though, they idea of anything not fitting into a neat little 1 hour box just isn't on.

Comment

Well ... we have less ads than you, but we get the new episodes later ...
          Season 8 & Atlantis won't arrive until April 2005 on our French TV .

And I've heard that a couple years ago,
          the Swiss Tv used to broadcast 3 SG Episodes in a row, without any ads nor pause between each episodes ! According to those who watched it in Switzerland, that was great ... but those who own the DVDs can do the same thing, even with more than 3 episodes a day ...

Comment

Thanks for answering - I'm a little bit relaxed ...

haha.. ast nite I noticed a Lil Pattern during SG-1..

9:00 - 9:03 = Prelude and Opening Credits

Commercials from 9:03-9:07
            Commercials from 9:13-9:17
            Commercials from 9:23-9:27
            Commercials from 9:33-9:37
            Commercials from 9:44-9:49
            After that there were no commercials..

So That Calculates To 39 Minutes Of Actual SG-1 and 21 Minutes Of Commercials
            Which is about a 2:1 Ratio..
            Skate Zilla/Digital Overload

Comment

Commercials right after the opening credits?

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                Commercials right after the opening credits?

Yes, generally, though I haven't looked at the DVDs recently, I think the actual epsiode count is usually somehing like 44 minutes.

Comment

So ???
                  - Is Threads really 60 mins long -> SciFi made a mistake ?
                  - Is Threads indeed 90 mins long -> Sky One cut 30 mins of the episode ???

You're not alone Harlan in sydney Australia we got the cut version too!

I had to go look for the transcript of the full version -
                  most of the Jaffa scenes were missing - we got all the daniel scenes
                  and one sam and pete scene was missing and the one with jack in bed with an actual adult female not Sam!
                  Keep the science in SciFi!

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz

Except Sci-Fi said it would be 90 minutes compared to the 40 minute regular length. 40 is without ads, so one should assume 90 is also without ads. It was probably a mistake in the way they said it, but still...
                    FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
                      Except Sci-Fi said it would be 90 minutes compared to the 40 minute regular length. 40 is without ads, so one should assume 90 is also without ads. It was probably a mistake in the way they said it, but still...
                      It was a mistake. One that they've been doing since it came out that there were two versions of this episode.

Comment

ok so let me get this straight.....they cut out some stargate!!! nooo!! thou i did think that they did. but noooo!!! how unfair and why?? why would they do such a thing?!?! stupid free to air tv!! grrr
                        sigpic

Comment

australia just had the 60min (edited) version. Luckily i download me eps, so i dont give a crap. Just more people channel 7 has pissed off.

Advice For The New Millenium: A watched torrent never downloads.

Comment

sky one show the whole ep and namlal eps are 42 min this one was 70 min i think so it 20mins ad but hey i like the break time you can go to the tolie get snakes and i nomaly make a nice meal to eat and we see it frist for ones usa gets it second after uk

Comment

The preview in the states that I saw on SCIFI is for 90 minutes!

Comment

Working...
                              X