This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

will we find more weapons technology?

now that we have a zpm. will we find some planet or a part of atlantis that was used for making defense weapons. after thinking about before I sleep epsiode about the fleet of warships they had they must have had some place on atlantis
    or an offworld site used to make ships. hopefully with atlantis powered up they will be able to find out more information in the database

Originally posted by jsw
    now that we have a zpm. will we find some planet or a part of atlantis that was used for making defense weapons. after thinking about before I sleep epsiode about the fleet of warships they had they must have had some place on atlantis
    or an offworld site used to make ships. hopefully with atlantis powered up they will be able to find out more information in the database
    well a true, full scale shipyard would most like be in space orbiting a planet or in an asteroid belt for immediate access to raw materials, chances are though anything like that would have been siezed or destroyed by the wraith when they took over the galaxy

Comment

Originally posted by spg_1983
      well a true, full scale shipyard would most like be in space orbiting a planet or in an asteroid belt for immediate access to raw materials, chances are though anything like that would have been siezed or destroyed by the wraith when they took over the galaxy
      Yeah, I agree that they'd build them close to raw materials. Afterall they would have had no reason to fear any attack until the Wraith came. However, maybe after they awoke the Wraith, the ancients started to build secret shipyards on nearby planets. Maybe even at Atlantis. The Wraith might have ignored it because it had no power like the satelite or maybe it had some kind of cloak. It would be interesting to see them discover something like that.
      The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
      The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
      Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
      All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
      Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
      An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
      Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

presuming the atlantis team survive the seige, not the biggest of leaps seeing as there is a season 2 being filmed! and they recieve the zpm from the daedalus, and power up the city etc....

why wouldnt they just fly it back to earth? i mean the wraith don't have galactic engines, as is constantly mentioned by zelenka in the seige, being the main reason they want atlantis.

If it was on earth they could have as many scientists as they liked look over it, whilst using it to protect earth (theorising there must be a way to make more gjod!)

Comment

Originally posted by the daedalus project
          presuming the atlantis team survive the seige, not the biggest of leaps seeing as there is a season 2 being filmed! and they recieve the zpm from the daedalus, and power up the city etc....

why wouldnt they just fly it back to earth? i mean the wraith don't have galactic engines, as is constantly mentioned by zelenka in the seige, being the main reason they want atlantis.

If it was on earth they could have as many scientists as they liked look over it, whilst using it to protect earth (theorising there must be a way to make more gjod!)
          chances are one ZPM isnt enough to power the interstellar engines, i would be surpirsed if having all three zpm's plugged in were enough energy to make the entire trip.

Comment

i'm sure they will find some weapons.. it just might take a while. I would really like to see the atlantis team find and master shield and weapon technology.. i really dont think it is likely to ever find an ancient mothership fully intact. Maybe they could find one that has been shot down and the engines are shot. That would still be a good find. Then all they would have to do is make an engine and try and fly is back to atlantis. i know its not exactly EASY to make an engine but maybe retro-fiting a daedalus type engine just to get it going would be cool... just some brain storming...
            I am JJ, the Supreme Commander of the Furling Fleet!!!!

Comment

Well since Atlantis are capable of space travel there's no point in having the ship yards in asetroid fields, since all they have to do it get Atlantis there

Comment

they better. i mean look at all the ancient tech they have in the milky way. what i think really SHOULD start happening is more integration with ancient tech.

you know like they find some ancient weapon and build an anienct gun or something. but they better find more cool ancient stuff- its a big city and big galaxy.
                come read my website!!!!!!!!!

www.xanga.com/keppiezbt

Comment

Finding any Ancient weapons that we're able to adapt would ruin SG1. Just send the stuff back to Earth and install on the BC-303's. That way nothing in MW could stop us and suddenly we've gone from a primitive race to the most powerful one.

They've already done this to some extent with giving the BC-303s Asgard shields, hyperdrives, weapons and transporters.

Comment

Originally posted by aAnubiSs
                    Finding any Ancient weapons that we're able to adapt would ruin SG1. Just send the stuff back to Earth and install on the BC-303's. That way nothing in MW could stop us and suddenly we've gone from a primitive race to the most powerful one.

They've already done this to some extent with giving the BC-303s Asgard shields, hyperdrives, weapons and transporters.
                    I agree thats why the process of finding stuff will be slow
                    gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
                    so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
                    love Torri

Comment

the best part of the show is its evolution of our becoming more powerfull. We are now in control of the most advanced city the ancients ever created, if we didnt make use of that then why did we go in the first place, to take photos!
                      i hate it when everone says earth is becoming too powerfull; its ridiculus, why shouldnt we get more power. In the MW we have very few enemys left (til the oree of course) and we have atlantis, and the asguard, and the rebel jaffa's armarda of baal's/ anubis's ships. we should get more power, we should built a whole alphabet of offworld site, we should trade as much as possible, we should be a new power becuase weve earned it.
                      sigpic
                      You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                      Stargate : Genesis |
                      Original Starship DesignThread
                      Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                      11000! green me

Comment

Originally posted by NORCALJJ
                        i'm sure they will find some weapons.. it just might take a while. I would really like to see the atlantis team find and master shield and weapon technology.. i really dont think it is likely to ever find an ancient mothership fully intact. Maybe they could find one that has been shot down and the engines are shot. That would still be a good find. Then all they would have to do is make an engine and try and fly is back to atlantis. i know its not exactly EASY to make an engine but maybe retro-fiting a daedalus type engine just to get it going would be cool... just some brain storming...
                        Yes i really wanna see some more of those personal shields, and maybe some uber advanced hand weapons to take out wraith in 1 or 2 shots instead of 20 bullets
                        Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                        McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

Oh Oh what if they
                          Spoiler:
                          find enought ZPMs to actualy fly the city to another planet that way the wraith wont no where they are so it will by them time instead of having a wraith battle at end of each season.
                          Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
                          McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

how about just cloaking atlantis! - the wraith cant detect cloaked ship why cant we just find a way to increase the cloaking field of several PJ and cloak the city - or atlantis might jsut have a cloak in the first place.
                            also the ancients may have developed weopens that were similar to staff and zats - we know the guaold steel stuff and why not this. we might find some old prototype or a wepons lab thats bee decomissened ( or not!)
                            sigpic
                            You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                            Stargate : Genesis |
                            Original Starship DesignThread
                            Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                            11000! green me

Comment

What about a lot of tech hidden at the bottom of the ocean.
                              Spoiler:
                              in before i sleep Atlantis was submerged and yet they were expecting a ship to come in, so im guessing there shelds can withstand water.
                              what if they just docked ships at the bottom of the ocean and when the city rose they were left there?

Also why dont they just hid Atlantis or move it to another planet, the Wraith cant seige or fight a city they cant find/see. There would be one problem with this, it would leave the Athosians on the mainland unportected unless we took them with us again and left all that valuable food behind.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Working...
                              X