This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How come my post count went down?

When I logged off Tuesday, I had 802 posts. When I logged on Wednesday it said I had 793 posts. And when I logged on today (Thursday) it said 718.

??!??

How does that happen?

Now that I've gotten to the point where I can have Jacob as my avatar, it doesn't matter to me. But I'm kinda curious as to how/why it happens. Also why sometimes I can post several messages in a row, and only a few of them get added to my post count. And why sometimes threads I've posted to come up with a little check mark, and sometimes they don't.
    My LiveJournal.

If you can find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn't lead anywhere.
    -Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
    -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.
    -Lois McMaster Bujold, "The Borders of Infinity"

We're re-jiging the forum ever so slightly; Games threads are being moved to Off Topic at the mo, so quite a few people have noticed drops in their post count.

Madeleine

Comment

So posts in Off Topic don't count towards your post count?
      My LiveJournal.

-Frank A. Clark

An optimist may see a light where there is none, but why must the pessimist always run to blow it out?
      -Michel de Saint-Pierre

Now, there's this about cynicism. It's the universe's most supine moral position. Real comfortable. If nothing can be done, then you're not some kind of **** for not doing it, and you can lie there and stink to yourself in perfect peace.

Comment

No, they don't because we want to encourage people to actually talk about Stargate. After long discussions the mods have decided to move all game threads to Off Topic since they don't necessarily constitute discussions about Stargate. Unfortunately this will mean drop in post count for some posters.

Comment

Makes sense to me.
          My LiveJournal.

-Frank A. Clark

-Michel de Saint-Pierre

Comment

ouch! thats gonna hurt some peoples posts counts hard! if they are stargate games though arent they still stargate related?

Comment

They may be remotely Stargate RELATED, but you can't really DISCUSS them, and it's a General DISCUSSION section, not a general topics section.

Comment

yeah i was curious as well... but seein as it was already answered... thanxz mods for answerin the question,
                sigpic

Comment

Thunk threads are staying put at the mo. We couldn't possibly move a Character Discussion thread away from GD, and there are a number of Character Discussion And Thunk threads about which qualify as GD, so if we moved the Thunk Only threads out we'd get people thinking it Unfair, or even people trying to turn existing Discussion Only threads into Discussion And Thunk. Too messy.

"Complete the line" is a fun thing and yes, you do have to be thinking about Stargate to do it, but it's not *canon*. General Discussion is (IMO) for discussion of stuff that is canon to the show. This can include speculation about 'behind the scenes' canon such as the specific density of naquada ore, or where Sam got her BSc.

Madeleine

Comment

So what's the difference between "Complete the line" and "Guess the quote"?

Comment

Sweet.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                        :: Runs away ::

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          I think that there are about 53 pages in that one. So we'll leave it. But new games go in Off Topic and if they are opened elsewhere, we will be ruthless in moving them.
                          In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king

sigpic

Comment

:: Stands behind MC and nods sagely ::

Madeleine

Comment

*makes quiet clucking sounds*

Whatever you guys say.

Comment

Working...
                              X