This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What the hell was that ship in Grace?

So what alien species owned that ship in Grace? It was weird how no explaination of the ship was mentioned, I also thought that their were few knew races that advanced known about. The ship looked kind of Romulan and the episode was trekish. Any thoughts/answers

I'm wondering the samething!
    Amanda, "Wallow Central."

Comment

I think the ship should have been hinted at because it was just sitting there doing nothing. Some people say it was a Ancient ship others say it was the Furlings. To be honest I don't think it is any one of the two, just a automated ship in orbit
      __

__

Comment

Originally posted by Anubis
        I think the ship should have been hinted at because it was just sitting there doing nothing. Some people say it was a Ancient ship others say it was the Furlings. To be honest I don't think it is any one of the two, just a automated ship in orbit
        I don't think it was automated, I actually believe an alien species was on board (or humans from another planet) because they responded to Major Carters proposal for them to return her crew mates and in return she would take the ship out of the Nebula. But I agree with you about them probably not being Furling or Ancient. Maybe their from a trek dimension?

Comment

There's numerous posts on this floating around here.

Originally posted by TheScorpionsSting
          The ship looked kind of Romulan and the episode was trekish. Any thoughts/answers
          That was my initial reaction as well. I don't think that it was Ancients or Furlings as they should have been able to detect Asgard techn onboard the Promethous.

IMHO it's just probably another group of explorers or a rather xenophobic alien race. It's just an open-end plot hole so TPTB can fill it up later with another story.
          Dark Helmet: So, Lone Starr, now you see that evil will always triumph because good is dumb.
          Dark Helmet: No, it's not what you think. It's much, much worse!

Col. Sandurz: Prepare for light speed.
          Dark Helmet: No, no, light speed is too slow.
          Col. Sandurz: Light speed too slow?
          Dark Helmet: Yes, we'll have to go right to...Ludicrous speed!
          Col. Sandurz:Ludicrous speed! Sir, we've never gone that fast before. I don't think the ship can take it.
          Dark Helmet: What's the matter, Colonel Sandurz...CHICKEN?!

Comment

i'd love for it to have been an aschen ship on its way to earth, but i doubt it.

Comment

It didn't look very aschen-ish when you compared it to a harvester. But then again....
              sigpic

Comment

I found it extremely strange that we never saw this species before, and haven't seen it again to date, considering they brushed the Prometheus' weapons away like they were flies. It seemed like the Prometheus had a better chance against Anubis' mothership, and he was the biggest threat in the galaxy at that point! Just strikes me as a bit strange.

Phil
                Teal'c: I believe a medical attack could be successful.
                Jack: Surgical attack Teal'c. It's called a surgical attack.

Comment

Originally posted by USS Thunderchild
                  I found it extremely strange that we never saw this species before, and haven't seen it again to date, considering they brushed the Prometheus' weapons away like they were flies. It seemed like the Prometheus had a better chance against Anubis' mothership, and he was the biggest threat in the galaxy at that point! Just strikes me as a bit strange.

Phil
                  maybe we had the asgard weapons set to 'flyswatter', and didn't even know it.
                  sigpic

Comment

it was supposed to be a ship from that race we saw in Prometheus in season 6. The ship that the replicators has under control that scanned them. NVM, I am confused. It might have supposed to be that ship we saw in the the the season 4 finale and the season 5 opener. Oh well, I know it was supposed to be some race that the replicators controlled. Something like that, then they decided to drop that idea. I dunno. Meh.
                    "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

The ship was a plot device. They may give us more information sometime in the future about this unknown race, but the point is:

A) They needed a powerful antagonistic enemy that was currently unknown.

B) They needed the antagonists to be able to beam the entire crew of the Prometheus off the ship so Carter could play out the actual story alone.

C) They needed the antagonists to end up being fair when Carter was negotiating with them.

So, they created a totally new race, and gave us absolutely no idea about them except they have pretty powerful ships. Can't wait to meet them.

The Borg in Star Trek was originally introduced in pretty much the same way, and from the interest they got from that one episode, the writers spawned the perfect nemesis race for TNG and Voyager.
                      Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

i don't think the ship had anything to do with the replicators.

the replicators wouldn't capture the people onboard the ship or even be interested in the ship (S6 Unnatural Selection) and the Replictors are supposed to be frozen in time (unnatural selection). i also don't think it was the ship from the same race as the ship in season 5 opener. that ship was in another galaxy so i would think the race that created the ship would also be from another galaxy as well

i also don't think it would have been an Aschen ship. they need speical platforms to teleport so they couldn't have taken the crew.

what about a Gadmeer ship or possibly even a ship from Martin Lloyds home planet. perhaps there are more of both races out there somewhere

sigpic

Comment

How did the "grace" ship look romulan??
                          Looked more aquatic to me, maybe it belong to that chappie from season 1's "fire and water"
                          sigpic
                          Banner By JME2

Comment

It was reported somewhere that originally it was supposed to be the Furlings and we were going to learn about them but then the writers took the furlings out to make it a carter centered episode.
                            -EARCK

"You ended that sentence in a preposition, *******!"
                            -Jack O'Niell

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
                              i don't think the ship had anything to do with the replicators.
                              It wasnt the replicators themselves. It was supposed to be the ships of one of the races the replicators have used. Something like that. Hm... I am pretty sure I read it somewhere.
                              "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Working...
                              X