Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A Return To Heliopolis? (Spoilers For Season 1 & 6)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Return To Heliopolis? (Spoilers For Season 1 & 6)

Hi Guys,

Just had a thought. In the episode "Memento" after the hyperdrive buffer is fried, Jonas was able to locate a nearby planet using the Stargate address from the Abydos cartouche.

Now, back in the season 1 episode "The Torment Of Tantalus" where the meeting place of the four race alliance was lost and buried when the castle "seemingly" collapsed.

I assumed that the information contained in that pedestal at the meeting place would be virtually indestructable. Would it be worth it for SG-1 to go back to the planet, using the same way as in "Memento" with Prometheus to retrieve the pedestal for study?

It did after all contain, meaning of life... stuff...
    "I'm thinking of nice turkey sandwich..."

ya know i think you're on to something here.
    it might be somewhat difficult to aquire though. its possible that that meaning of life stuff could be 20,000 leagues under the sea by now. or maybe the planet is too far away for the prometheus to travel to. but they should have at least informed the asgard that it was there, in case they had forgotten, and if they hadn't and just didn't care enough to retrieve it, it couldn't hurt to ask if they could have it. and for help to get it.

Comment

You are on to something about the meaning of life pestal. Ernest's Planet is near Abydos. Daniel said that the people in WWII were able to reach it by manually dialing in. They didn't have to count for planeterty drift. If O'Neill and Carter could reach it (Spoiler for Redemption, Pt 1)
      in the X-302. The X-303 could too.
      Last edited by greytop; 29 June 2004, 08:24 PM. Reason: for spoilers regs

Comment

If the information was so important, I wonder if the Four Great Races made copies of all that data... I'm sure the Asgard, with their vast storage capabilities, must have it somewhere unless they want to repress their past. It might seem a bit sensible if SG-1 asked the Asgard to help them out by flying their ship to Ernest's Planet and seeing what's going on -- after all, even if all that stuff is under the water, maybe those advanced Asgard transporters could lock onto it and beam it up. Of course, in line with the current story, the Asgard are just too powerful and too BUSY with the Replicators to always come to SG-1's aid... they'd be like a galaxial deus ex machina if they could always do stuff like that! Hence, the fatal flaw of their arrogance when it comes to technology. (I.e., they try to beam up the "meaning of life" kit and kaboodle and end up beaming up all the water which destroys the ship by some unlikely means )
        Lord TorleYu-wong Chong Techno - create a "Window of Opportunity"

get hooked, click here to listen to "The_Autistic_World_of_Torley.mp3" | dialup version
        more @ torley's techno music and anti-techno music blog

Comment

Didn't they try to dial the planet when they got home and find that they couldn't get a lock? And everyone hugged someone and it was over.

Comment

That temple place was at the edge of a big land mass...it wouldnt be that far under. Just covered with some rubble. For such a seemingly important discovery, you would think they could venture the man power and machinery to retreive it.
            "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Sounds like SOMEONE's got a fanfic idea...

Do it!
              "Frankly, we're not surprised when she starts pulling large bombs from skin-tight catsuits..."
              "Not only can Josette Simon really, really act, she gets the show's best introduction - she rescues Avon, announces he's the most beautiful man she's ever seen, then explains the only other man she's seen is her father, whose surname is, blissfully, Mellonby."
              "This is a future where the women are beautiful, the men are ugly, and the only drink is creme de menthe."
              --BBC CultTV's web review of Blake's 7 season 3 DVD (21.06.05)

Comment

Yea, we've been talking about this alot in "The Fifth Race" thread, in Season 5 thread I think. not the ep, there is a seperate thread. We all want to go back, get the book, and the tablets.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.
                [Revelations 22:13]

Comment

I wonder what kind of dredging/underwater excavation might be necessary. That might be a tall order on another planet. We'll need to take a lot of underwater equiptment and oceanographers with security clearance for this op. It could condume a lot of resources, but it may or may not be worth it. I'd like to think that it would withstand as simple little falling into the ocean disaster, but who knows. Plus, we could establish a permenant presence there.

Comment

Or we could just get the Asgard to do it. Now that they are sittin' in hammocks, kickin' it with the Furlings. You know...caused we saved their @$$e$ a whole lot, with the bug zapper gun.

I am the Alpha and the Omega, the First and the Last, the Beginning and the End.

Comment

Why don't they just ask the Asgard, an important meeting like this is probably public record. I am sure Asgard has a copy of what was discussed during the meeting. If not, try the Nox.

"ARRRG! My dry cleaning bill this month is over $10,000!"

Comment

Why bother? Spoilers 'Rising'.

Once we get back to Earth from Atlantis, we can drag along some kind of ancient data device. It would contain a vastly superior amount of information.
                        sigpic

Comment

But that book is like...meaning of life stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by DownFallAngel
                            But that book is like...meaning of life stuff!

Comment

What are you talking about VCLD?

Comment

Working...
                              X