This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

City of the Gods - Fandemonium update

Sorry if this has already been posted elsewhere. Just got time to nip in and post, so don't have time to search around much.

Just got this clarifying email - direct from Sally Malcolm. [Author of A Matter of Honour]. Amazon seem to have done a lot to foster the confusion - they're still listing CotG as having been written by Sally, which is why I had believed it was the sequel to AMOH.

Hi

Thank you for your email, and I'm very sorry about the confusion regarding City of the Gods. The manuscript is currently with MGM for approval, without which we are not permitted to publish. We hope to hear from them any day now, and as soon as approval has been granted we will post a definitive publishing date on our website - unless there are problems with the approval, it will be out in March. Occasionally Amazon pick up inaccurate dates from unconfirmed forward publishing schedules, which, I'm afraid, is what happened in this case.

I'm extremely pleased that you enjoyed "A Matter of Honor", however I'm afraid I am still writing part two, which I hope will be out in the summer if all goes according to schedule with the writing and the approvals processes. I hope this is not another disappointment for you and that you'll enjoy "City of the Gods". It's a stand alone novel by Sonny Whitelaw, set within Aztec mythology (which meshes very neatly with Stargate mythology) and touches on the Crystal Skull discovered by Daniel Jackson's grandfather, Nicholas Ballard. Among other things!

Again, please accept our apologies for the confusion, and thank you for your feedback. We hope to avoid a similar situation from occurring in future by getting a greater lead time on upcoming books.

With very best wishes,

Sally Malcolm
    A little disappointed that Amazon got my hopes up and that it's a longer wait for the sequel to AMOH, which I adored. But still...eagerly awaiting CotG all the same. Two new novels has to be better than one!

Albion
    Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

I received an email from Fandemonium. COthG will be released 3/31/05! YEAH!
    sigpic

I would rather die..... than loose carter.

Driver picks the music, passenger shuts their cake hole.

Comment

Yes I also got some information regarding CotG

Hi
      It is City of the Gods, but it's not one from the submissions. It's written
      by Sonny Whitelaw who has previously published a couple of science fiction
      books including The Rhesus Factor.
      Best regards,
      Tom
      sigpic
      Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

My enemy’s enemy…

When a Crystal Skull is discovered beneath the Pyramid of
        the Sun in Mexico, it ignites a cataclysmic chain of events
        that maroons SG-1 on a dying world.

Xalótcan is a brutal society, steeped in death and sacrifice,
        where the bloody gods of the Aztecs demand tribute from
        a fearful and superstitious population. But that’s the least of
        Colonel Jack O’Neill’s problems. With Xalótcan on the brink
        of catastrophe, Dr Daniel Jackson insists that O’Neill must
        fulfil an ancient prophesy and lead its people to salvation.

But with the world tearing itself apart, can anyone survive?
        As fear and despair plunge Xalótcan into chaos, SG-1 find
        themselves with ringside seats at the end of the world…

Special section: Excerpts from Dr Daniel Jackson’s mission journal!

sigpic

Comment

Dear Stargate SG-1 fan,

Stargate SG-1: City of the Gods has been released. If you ordered it
          from
          our online shop, you should receive your copy within 1-2 days (in the
          UK) or
          5-7 days (overseas).

The book will also be available shortly from bookshops in the UK and
          from
          online retailers. For a list of retailers, please visit
          www.stargatenovels.com/wheretobuy.shtml.

Please let us know what you think of any of the books - feedback is
          always
          welcome!

And thanks for your continuing interest in Stargate SG-1 novels.

Very best regards,
          Tom
          Stargate SG-1 Novels
          www.stargatenovels.com
          [email protected]

Information for bookshops:
          Title: Stargate SG-1: City of the Gods
          Author: Sonny Whitelaw
          Publisher: Fandemonium Books
          ISBN: 09547343-3-5
          RRP: £5.99

STARGATE SG-1 ™ & © 1997-2005 MGM Television Entertainment Inc./MGM
          Global
          Holdings Inc. STARGATE SG-1 is a trademark of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer
          Studios
          Inc. All Rights Reserved.
          Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

I'll prolly get it next week or somat. It'd be nice if they released previews or somat!
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Elite Anubis Guard
              I'll prolly get it next week or somat. It'd be nice if they released previews or somat!
              I've just started it but most likely won't finish it.
              It's way, way, way to shippy for my tastes. Sorry, they've lost a customer in me, if I want shippy fanfic I know where to look on the net.

Foxy (off to finish Mr P's Wee Free Men)
              sigpic

Comment

When a non-shipper complains something is too shippy, it usually means I'll see no ship in it at all. But if you're right, FrostFox, I'm looking forward to its arrival in my mailbox on Monday even more now, as the summary didn't give me any indication it would be shippy at all! Yay! <g>

Actually, I just came in here to whine about Amazon. The total gits. I've had CotG on pre-order with them since January. Then Fandemonium started putting back the publication date over and over. Finally, I got so frustrated I stopped checking and figured it would arrive when it arrived.

When I got no dispatch notification on the 14th, I just assumed the publication date had been put back again.

So imagine my surprise - and annoyance! - when I clicked on Gateworld last night and lo and behold there's a news story about how it was out on the 14th and in UK stores as we speak! Apparently, Amazon just didn't bother to dispatch it!

Went to Amazon, bypassed my pre-order and ordered it on the spot. 'No problem, it's on its way, it'll be with you Monday.'

So thanks Gateworld! If I hadn't checked in with you I'd be none the wiser and probably still waiting for Amazon to get around to noticing it had been published.

You know, I've been avoiding Gateworld for the past month or so because I'm really trying not to be tempted to read too many spoilers for S9. But darn glad I gave in to temptation today because I was mighty bored. That's three pieces of good news I've seen already that have cheered up my year. [That there will be commentaries on the S8 box sets, that CofG might be shippy and
                Spoiler:
                that there's a (very small) chance that Jacob might return in S9

Albion
                Listen, we had General Ryan come on and do a little cameo for us, and he's a real live four star, one of the big guys. And I had to ask him point blank, because there's a certain irreverence that I bring to the character, and denseness, but while we were doing this scene, I just looked at him and said, "Do you have guys like me in...?" and he stopped me and said, "Yes, and worse, and you're doing a fine job, son."

Richard Dean Anderson

Comment

Got my copy last week and raced thru it in one sitting as usual!!! A really intelligent plot as always and loads of ship [yay!!!!] though it’s strictly canon so hopefully shouldn’t put off too many of the non-shippers. I think these are great books – much, much better written than the usual tie-in novels – and it would be a shame if any of them were ‘boycotted’ by any particular fan group since I would imagine Fandemonium needs to sell a certain number to make a profit and continue publishing.

DON’T YOU SMILE AT ME LIKE THAT! THAT’S NOT EVEN A REAL SMILE! IT’S JUST A BUNCH OF TEETH PLAYING WITH MY MIND! Sig courtesy of AmberMoon… kneel before your God!

WWW.SUPERNANNY.US.COM. Log on. Or it’s the naughty chair for you.

Comment

ye, I've really enjoyed the 2 ive read, 2 and 3. Should be getting 4 today or tomorrow! Yay!
                    sigpic

Comment

Working...
                    X