Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Francks Thanks Fans

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2005/0...orsuppor.shtml

That was a great article, David. A little heartbreaking, but well-written.

I guess I need to learn to be more vocal about the things I like. Well, the things I like that aren't McKay. I did search back through some of the ep discussion threads, though, and found that I really DID complain a few times about the lack of Ford's development, which was reassuring to me, at least, because I do think Ford has great potential and I'd hate to think I ignored him in all of my many posts.

Ah well. I'm glad he's aware that there's a lot of interest in his character NOW and that things are being done to show TPTB that fans really do care about him/Ford. The article guilted me into signing the petition, and I absolutely loathe "save" campaigns, no matter how much I love the actor/character. Heck, I didn't even sign the petition to save Jonas and he's probably my favorite character in all of Stargate. But this just... feels different. Maybe it's because (hopefully) Ford isn't disappearing for good or getting killed off, he's just getting side-lined, so there's a greater chance for effecting change... and hopefully there's less chance of the campaign turning as bitterly nasty and violent as the one which made me hate all the "save" stuff in the first place.

Best of luck to Rainbow AND Ford. I hope to be seeing more of both in the future (even if in Rainbow's case it's limited to text *sigh*).
    Last edited by ShadowMaat; 02 March 2005, 04:11 AM. Reason: including link

Thanks for signing the petition, Shadow. Even if the worst does happen, it's good to know that Rainbow knows he is loved. We really do care and I hope TPTB recognize that.

I'm also glad that David mentioned F.O.R.D....maybe we'll get some more members and help spread Rainbow/Ford love!
    Liaison of F.O.R.D.
    Click here to help Save Ford!

Comment

Rainbow went out of his way to explain to me much of the arc that Ford will be undertaking in Season Two of Atlantis, and I must say that I'm very excited. We talked for well over an hour, mostly to get me jazzed! It's going to be a rebirth for this character that, and I know Rainbow agrees, Ford was desperately needing. We are going to be rooting for this character in a way that we never thought we would. He's going to take a path that isn't anywhere near the same level as Daniel's (not for better or worse, but just different) or any other Stargate character we've seen. It's just so darn cool.

I hope Dex is not a dissapointment. I can't wait to see more Ford - the Ford we should've seen by now.

Comment

Ah. Well. The F.O.R.D. is another matter. I'll probably give in eventually and start posting there, too, but I think I'm a little too old for the acronym group thing. Good people, good cause, but... eh... We'll see. I like the Thunk Thread. It's cozy there and it's a familiar concept.

Comment

Originally posted by David
          Rainbow went out of his way to explain to me much of the arc that Ford will be undertaking in Season Two of Atlantis, and I must say that I'm very excited. We talked for well over an hour, mostly to get me jazzed! It's going to be a rebirth for this character that, and I know Rainbow agrees, Ford was desperately needing. We are going to be rooting for this character in a way that we never thought we would. He's going to take a path that isn't anywhere near the same level as Daniel's (not for better or worse, but just different) or any other Stargate character we've seen. It's just so darn cool.
          I hope you- and he- are right, David. I hope this really does prove to be the angle the writers need to do justice to the character and I hope it means good, meaty stuff for Ford and more challenges for Rainbow.

I have to say, I'm getting more intrigued about what they're going to do. As long as it isn't anything like an Atlantis version of the Kull Warriors.

I'm glad that Rainbow, at least, is excited for the future. We'll see how well it pays off in the coming season.

More Ford can only be a good thing.

Comment

Don't think Kull Warriors. Think Aris Boch.

Comment

Literally, or that type of character. Man, talk about dangling a carrot in front of a rabbit....
              And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
              Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
              Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
              Daniel: Oh! You see?
              Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

More like dangling a Z.P.M. in front of an adopted Atlantean.

Comment

Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! That's a load off my mind, David! This definately gives me hope that Ford won't be sidelined.

David, thank you for being...well, you.
                  Secretary-General of GATO ¤ Defender of F.O.R.D.

Comment

More like dangling a Z.P.M. in front of an adopted Atlantean.
                    LOL! Very cool stuff. I'm glad to hear they'll be doing something interesting with Ford, even if it's not every ep. Thanks for the great article!
                    And it came to pass that in time the Great God Om spake unto Brutha, the Chosen One: "Psst!"

Jack: You're so shallow.
                    Daniel: Oh please. Teal'c is like one of the deepest people I know. He's so deep. Tell him how deep you are. You'll be lucky if you understand this.
                    Teal'c: My depth is immaterial to this conversation.
                    Daniel: Oh! You see?
                    Jack: (to Daniel) No more beer for you.

River: My food is problematic.

Comment

And I heard a rumor we'd be getting more Buff Ford. Yayness! The shallow fangirl in me is most happy about that.

Comment

This just reinforces my opinion that the guy is a serious class act. I really hope that he doesn't go away.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                          And I heard a rumor we'd be getting more Buff Ford. Yayness! The shallow fangirl in me is most happy about that.
                          More buff Ford is indeed in the works, I am pleased to say. Once Rainbow's first episode is clear he's going to start pumping.

Comment

More buff Ford is indeed in the works, I am pleased to say. Once Rainbow's first episode is clear he's going to start pumping.
                            *sigh* If he ever needs anyone to spot him...

OK, so I probably wouldn't me much good for that, but a girl can dream, right?

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                              *sigh* If he ever needs anyone to spot him...

OK, so I probably wouldn't me much good for that, but a girl can dream, right?
                              If he's lifting candy canes I'll make sure you're the first to know.

Comment

Working...
                              X