Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

updates on glider used in into the fire and the asteroid with all the naq in it

I would like to see up dates on two items. The glider that teal'c and the general flew in Into The Fire where jack did in Hathor. Also the asteroid that Sam hypered thru the earth with all the naq on it. They left us hanging as to what they did with them.

Yeah, the glider/fighter craft never popped up again after that one episode. Could be that the SGC was never interested in a glider that could fit through the Stargate because of the gate room back on earth. If there was a bigger room with maintenance areas and glider hangers available, the SGC could use them to scout new planets and to protect the ground-based SG teams. Other than the small size, however, there may not be much technology in that small glider that isn't in the more classic versions that we have seen in other episodes. But the idea of small craft for exploration through the gate definitely could provide some interesting possibilities on the show.

As for the other craft, I believe it was a transport and not really a glider. Could be that the SGC hasn't been too interested in it because of more pressing needs to build offensive/defensive craft, such as the X-302 and X-303. A transport would be a logical addition to the fleet especially if you needed to drop SG teams from the Prometheus onto planets. It also would give you the option to get teams to planets without gates without having to move the Prometheus all around the galaxy (probably would be a lot more economical).

I guess the biggest problem with having transports is that you get away from stories that involve the Stargate and more towards episodes that involve space travel (SG-1 becomes Transport-1. hmm, probably not a good thing). Yeah, it's sort of a trade off. Have access to more planets with a transport but get away from Stargate travel.
    There is nothing cruvas with me.

Comment

I thought that the asteroid was just left to float through space until it hit some other planet and blew up!!
      sigpic

Comment

Nah, they figured out how to get it into a semi-stable orbit and once they figured out how, were going to mine for the solid core of naquaida.

As for the needle ship, all they had to do is have Brat'ac fly VEEEEERRY slowly though the gate andthen go straight up once in SGC- and out thought the missle silo doors.
        Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
        "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
        "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
        ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
        McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
        "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

actually they could knock down a few walls behind the gate, move it back further and that way it be possible to fly the glider in, but I think thats like Bra'tacs property soI dont believe we should touch it lol
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGgHAXalVyM

"And those who are prideful and refuse to bow down shall be laid low and made onto dust." Then Shall Fall Scifi!

If you don't worship Metonic... your parents won't love you anymore.. well they dont now...

Comment

Hey, I was just having fun coming up with theories off the top of my head.
            Adam:"I reject your reality and subisute myown."

O'Neill:
            "IN THE MIDDLE OF MY BACKSWING?!"

Carter:
            "It took us 15 years and 3 supercomputers to MacGyver a system for the gate on Earth."

CARTER: You made [this]?
            ORLIN: You wouldn't believe the things you could make from the common simple idems lying around your planet. Which reminds me...you're going to need a new microwave.

Weir: You destroyed 3/4 of a solar system!
            McKay: Actually 5/6, its not an extact science.

Slashdot:
            "Well railguns are neat and all, but I'm still not joining the Army until they invent the respawn point."

Comment

Working...
            X