• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fadeout (810)

Visit the Episode GuideARROW - SEASON EIGHT
    FADEOUT
    EPISODE NUMBER - 810
    After the birth of a brand new universe, Oliver Queen's loved ones grieve a profound loss. But matters are complicated when young William is kidnapped, and Mia comes to terms with her father's legacy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 29 January 2020, 08:44 PM.

Oh dudes, I'm crying. I'm crying.

Terrific episode, fantastic epilogue to Crisis and the entire series.

I've read some folks feel like the resurrections made the deaths unimportant. I vehemently disagree.

Oliver has always been a non-enhanced human man. Sure's he's been trained by experts, but he's still flesh and blood. He doesn't time travel when he runs fast and he can't produce powers after getting a sun tan.

So when he does get cosmic, reality altering/creating powers, of course he's going to use it to bring back the lives of those he lost. But the important thing is, he didn't do it for himself. He did it for his friends and family he left behind.

He's easing their pain just a bit. They still remember the original deaths, but they got the gift of more time.

It's also a good way to have those characters back and reflecting on Oliver's life.

I was thrilled to see so many characters finally interact. Nyssa and Talia, Rory being back, Tommy and Laurel-2.

It just shows the amazing characters and dynamics this show produced. It wasn't a perfect ride, but I've stuck with this show since episode 1. I've learned a lot about Green Arrow through this show.

I can't help but reflect on my feelings about the show's first season. I was 28 at the time. I wasn't really watching shows and picking up on the little touches the actors did, like touching one's arm or telling their emotion with facial expressions.

Through this show, I had to go back and see the layers they were put out there. It's made going back to previous shows, like Stargate SG-1 much more enjoyable. But it's truly unique, from the shows I watch, and I think it's made me a better viewer of TV/movies.

I was initially surprised by the "grittyness" of the show, it almost seemed depressing. But it had great mystery and I could see Diggle trying to influence Oliver to do more than just follow his list.

I'm surprised what this show has done. I would not have guessed The Flash would come out of it, or a show like Legends of Tomorrow.

When they announced Barry Allen for season 2, I was just confused by how that would work. I wasn't interested in a pure-street level hero, but the show had made it clear that it followed certain rules.

While I think it overall has stayed within them, it had struggled to balance Oliver's world with the greater universe it had subsequently created. I think once the show stepped back from the metaphysical and started reflecting its characters and their journey, it got way better.

Looking forward to the spinoff, Green Arrow and the Canaries.

Comment

I wish I could say the same that Mrja84 said, but I just didn't get "the feels" from Fade out. To me...the show did just that faded out with a lack luster episode. I don't feel this finale was up to the caliber of 7 1/2 years of Arrow that we've been watching. Yes, it was good to see certain characters back and to see people from the Arrowverse in this finale. And yes...if it wasn't for Arrow...we wouldn't have some of the other wonderful shows that we have. BUT...I feel this episode failed this series! (IMHO)
      sigpic

Comment

I enjoyed it, obviously we are getting Green Arrow and the Canaries to continue the future storyline, but will we get Green Lantern?

Comment

Working...
        X