• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chapter One (101)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE MANDALORIAN - SEASON ONE
    CHAPTER ONE
    EPISODE NUMBER - 101
    In the years after the fall of the Galactic Empire, a Mandalorian bounty hunter turns to a wealthy new client for a high-paying job on the outer rim of the galaxy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 15 November 2019, 06:14 PM.

Oh hey, this thread is open now! It wasn't when I had watched the episode so now I'm having to recall a bit later...

Wow, wasn't it wild seeing brand new live-action Star Wars...on TV? My brain just kept short-circuiting at the very idea of it while I was watching!

I love the Mandalorian (whatever his name) already, and definitely got a chuckle out of IG-11. Also cracked up at the scene where there was a market booth barbecuing Kowakian monkey lizards--to this day I loathe Salacious Crumb, so I took a perverse pleasure in that.

I was quite surprised that the Mandalorian has a carbon-freezing thingy right on his ship. Given that 'who is in carbon freeze?' was one of the big questions after the trailer came out, it really caught me off-guard that that was answered in the first five minutes of the first episode....and that it didn't matter in the slightest.

How about that final act of the episode though eh? Mando and IG-11 fighting off hordes of mooks, IG constantly deciding to self-destruct And then....that ending! Where the heck is this going?!
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Oh, so here's a thing: Dr Pershing, the squirrelly mad scientist type with Werner Herzog's "Client," had the same symbol on his sleeve as did the Kamino clones. And he seemed really eager to make sure that the Mandalorian captured the target alive -- which we learn at the end of the episode is a baby of Yoda's species.

Is someone trying to make clones of Yoda's species?
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

I'm watching illegally cause Disney+ is not available in my region and will probably not be until the cows have come home and then some.

Anywho...

As I've said in the general thread, I think the series is better watched in one go, rather than in different episodes so I guess the UK, Germany, Spain, Italy and France will have that luck on the first of April 2020 when D+ goes live there.

In any case, I love the intro, the music, the Mando, the settings, the props, the costumes, the aliens, the planet, the worldbuilding... basically everything.

It's quite entertaining.

No idea how the story will unfold but it's definitely an interesting start.
        Heightmeyer's Lemming -- still the coolest Lemming of the forum

Proper Stargate Rewatch -- season 10 of SG-1

Comment

Working...
        X