This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What kind of a geek are you?

I scored about 16.76% which is not as geeky as I thought I was going to be.

http://www.innergeek.us/geek.html
    Oh honey. You say potato, I say vodka!

http://neuralgianostalgia.blogspot.com/

I got 28.60 (it actually just went up slightly; I ticked an extra bonus box when I realised I was checking to make sure I was rounding in the right direction). Of course, we're pretty discriminated against in that several of the boxes are specific to a) US geeks and b) computer geeks. There's a lot more available for coding than for obsessing over SF.
    Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
    - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

I got a 8.48126% as a score. Apparently I'm a poser. I'm really surprised. I thought that I was much more of a geek than that. But apparently I'm not nearly smart enough about computers nor enough of Trekie to score high on the geek factor scale. Plus I think the fact that I've never played a role game brought my score way down. But I did check off nearly every author they asked if I've read.

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

I've taken that test before. Don't remember what I scored except that it was surprisingly low. The test is extremely biased towards computer geeks and Trekkies and since I'm not big on the technicalities of computers and mostly only know Trek through osmosis, I'm kinda left out.

So I found another Geek Test . Scored 56%. The questions are pretty simplistic, but I still feel better, now.

You are a geek. Good for you! Considering the endless complexity of the universe, as well as whatever discipline you happen to be most interested in, you'll never be bored as long as you have a good book store, a net connection, and thousands of dollars worth of expensive equipment. Assuming you're a technical geek, you'll be able to afford it, too. If you're not a technical geek, you're geek enough to mate with a technical geek and thereby get the needed dough. Dating tip: Don't date a geek of the same persuasion as you. You'll constantly try to out-geek the other.

Comment

It's very sad - I scored 23.07692% - Geek. I guess all those Trival Pursuit marathons have caught up with me.

As for Shadow's test - "You are 29% geek You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways."

scary, huh?
          Nmom
          Last edited by Nolamom; 23 May 2004, 01:04 PM. Reason: add additional test information
          sigpic

Comment

Someone posted this test a few months ago on another board I go to...

59.76331% - Extreme Geek

Comment

So I took Shadow's Geek Test and scored a 17%. Oh well. I guess I can't call myself a geek anymore. Anyway, here's what it said.

OK, so maybe you ain't a geek. You do, at least, show a bit of interest in the world around you. Either that, or you have enough of a sense of humor to pick some of the sillier answers on the test. Regardless, you're probably a pretty nifty, well-rounded person who gets along fine with people and can chat with just about anyone without fear of looking stupid or foolish or overly concerned with minutiae. God, I hate you.

Hey look at that Shadow! I'm well-rounded!

It was, is, and always will be GREEN

Comment

Oh,Dear,if you want "Sad" then read on!

1st quiz=14.6 ( Rating: "Geekish Tendencies") The fact that I rounded my score up from 14.596,may prove that!

Shadow's Quiz=17% "Geek". Oh well at least the summary made me laugh.

Apparently my "ability to talk to other people", (without total ignorance!), is a good thing in their opinion!
                The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                  Betcha ain't as "Well-Rounded" as I am! With reference to my Baggie Butt!
                  LOL! I'll never make it as a Geek.(Not much future as a Comedienne,either.)
                  The place to "Gate" to during Outages for updates and info:

Comment

Originally posted by Shipperahoy
                    Do you REALLY want me to comment on that?

All it proves is that you aren't a block-head, which we more or less knew. Or guessed.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Prophet
                      I got 28.60 (it actually just went up slightly; I ticked an extra bonus box when I realised I was checking to make sure I was rounding in the right direction). Of course, we're pretty discriminated against in that several of the boxes are specific to a) US geeks and b) computer geeks. There's a lot more available for coding than for obsessing over SF.
                      Yeah, I'm sure I could've scored higher if I knew what half of it meant

Comment

And it looks like I'm well-rounded according to Shadow's test.

Comment

1st test - 28.00789
                          2nd test - 51%
                          Guess I'm more of a geek than I thought!
                          sigpic

Comment

1st test: Rounded to 19%
                            2nd test : 31% Geek liason

"You are a geek liaison, which means you go both ways. You can hang out with normal people or you can hang out with geeks which means you often have geeks as friends and/or have a job where you have to mediate between geeks and normal people. This is an important role and one of which you should be proud. In fact, you can make a good deal of money as a translator.

Normal: Tell our geek we need him to work this weekend.

You [to Geek]: We need more than that, Scotty. You'll have to stay until you can squeeze more outta them engines!

Geek [to You]: I'm givin' her all she's got, Captain, but we need more dilithium crystals!

You [to Normal]: He wants to know if he gets overtime."

Comment

Test one:25.24655% - Total Geek

Test two:
                              You are a geek. Good for you! Considering the endless complexity of the universe, as well as whatever discipline you happen to be most interested in, you'll never be bored as long as you have a good book store, a net connection, and thousands of dollars worth of expensive equipment. Assuming you're a technical geek, you'll be able to afford it, too. If you're not a technical geek, you're geek enough to mate with a technical geek and thereby get the needed dough. Dating tip: Don't date a geek of the same persuasion as you. You'll constantly try to out-geek the other.

I like to score.
                              "When all else fails, there's always delusion." - Conan O'Brien

Comment

Working...
                              X