• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Flash of the Lightning (602)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE FLASH - SEASON SIX
    A FLASH OF THE LIGHTNING
    EPISODE NUMBER - 602
    Facing his impending death, Barry attempts to travel into the future to witness the coming crisis firsthand -- sending him to Earth-3 for help from Jay Garrick. Meanwhile the team pursues a troubled meta-human girl suspected of a crime, and Cecile finds herself in conflict over her role as a prosecutor.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 17 October 2019, 11:36 AM.

Definitely recommend watching this AFTER Arrow's 8th season premiere.

There's a reference to that episode in Garrick's lab.

Comment

How does this all even make sense? I mean there was a whole Future with a Kid, so there has to be a way to change this. In the end of course they are going to find a way, otherwise the show would be over.
      Fuzzy Wuzzy wasnt old,
      Fuzzy Wuzzy gotten bald
      There was Fuzzy no more Wuzzy

Comment

Originally posted by tomstone View Post
        How does this all even make sense? I mean there was a whole Future with a Kid, so there has to be a way to change this. In the end of course they are going to find a way, otherwise the show would be over.
        I would love it if Barry actually dies and we don't see Grant for one or two episodes (aside from flashbacks maybe).

The Flash did Wally a terrible job, especially when Barry was in the speed force between seasons three and four. Season 4 started with Wally getting pummeled and only the "true" Flash could beat the bad guy. It was absurd.

Jesse was written off and due to actor scheduling Jay Garrick was rarely seen again, until this episode. Plus we've never seen his Earth-3 replacement for Garrick.

So the show would go a long way to showing us a Team Flash or a legacy character filling in the role of Protector of Central City. But Grant Gustin is the star and they are just not likely to write him out completely.

But by not having Grant (or maybe just Barry) in a couple of episodes we could see and feel the loss instead of having exposition tell us how much characters felt the lost. We would be given the chance to fill it too.

But my ultimate guess, Barry will not die. Another speedster, his main rival, will sacrifice themselves in order to bring Nora back.

Comment

Working...
        X