Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any good stuff left?

G’day,

I started following the boys from Day 1, and watched religiously until around when Lucifer was put back in the cage... or.... somewhere there.

I continued watching sporadically til Mummy was brought back, then stopped.

I see the show is now headed to a conclusion, so was wondering if it was worth catching up...?

Has there still been some gold in them there hills?

Cheers

cosmic
    back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
    "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
    "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
    and lots more!

Character moments mostly. There are a few sporadic really good eps, but unless you are really into the boys, it can be a tough slog.
    sigpic
    ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
    A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
    The truth isn't the truth

Comment

Cheers.

I wish I’d stuck it out... timing became an issue, then Netflix took over our tv habits.

Maybe when I retire I’ll catch up
      back on YouTube - https://www.youtube.com/@The-Cosmic-Hobo
      "How Doomsday Should Have Ended!" • "Bigger on the Inside?" • "The Doctor Falls - With Hartnell!"
      "The War Games - In 10 Minutes" • "Announcement of Jon Pertwee's death" •
      and lots more!

Comment

Seasons 6 and 7 get very ropey. 8 improves drastically while 9 dips a bit and 10 gets better again. But I think it's been a solid show since then. Still not as good as seasons 4 and 5. But the end of season 14 I thought was genius because helped to explain why the show became so disjointed all of a sudden. Definitely looking forward to how they end it.
        Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
          Seasons 6 and 7 get very ropey. 8 improves drastically while 9 dips a bit and 10 gets better again. But I think it's been a solid show since then. Still not as good as seasons 4 and 5. But the end of season 14 I thought was genius because helped to explain why the show became so disjointed all of a sudden. Definitely looking forward to how they end it.
          Past S5, roughly 80% of the enjoyment I get from SPN is purely character moments and fan service. If any show deserves to have some earned fan service, and it not be total cheese, it's SPN
          sigpic
          ALL THANKS TO THE WONDERFUL CREATOR OF THIS SIG GO TO R.I.G.
          A lie is just a truth that hasn't gone through conversion therapy yet
          The truth isn't the truth

Comment

I have not missed a single episode. It's part of my TV habits.

TL/DR -> My verdict: Watch 6-7-8-9-10-11-12-13-14. Each season has some standout episodes. Great character developments, not just for the leads, but for side characters too. It's the start of a whole new journey for them.

Plus, watching Season 5 after season 14, is truly amazing. Not because of season 14 itself, but for what it continued from the previous several seasons as a whole, which produced new POV for every season before.

Longer version:
            I have actually started re-watching seasons 1-6 (on NetFlix) within the last month and quite frankly, out of a 14 season lifetime. 1-5 are a fraction of what the show is.

I love season 6 for character moments, not just between the boys, but other characters interacting.

I really got to see the evolution of the characters and got a better understanding how they progressed to their current state.

Seasons 6-7-8 tie into each other. Like Seasons 1-5, which build off each other, seasons 6-7-8 build off each other, without one you are missing some relevant pieces.

Starting with season 6, Jensen Ackles has directed almost every 3rd episode of a season and they good! Season 6's Weekend at Bobby's is perfect. Without saying too much, seasons 6-7 have some critical developments for the brothers. Great episodes.

Season 9-10-11-12-13-14 are ALL pieces of the current story. Without 9-10, you don't understand much of what's been going on in 11. And without 11, you'd be surprised at the changes in 12-13-14.

Season 9 is crucial for the fandom. Hillywood did their first Supernatural music video that is based off this AND season 10. So don't watch it until after season 10. You can watch their second Supernatural music video at anytime.

If you absolutely don't want to watch everything, then start with Season 8 because it serves as the baseline for a lot of what are current elements in the show and its history, but if you are in a bind, I guess season 9.

Comment

Working...
            X