This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very confused...

this is a qu. we were pondering at 5 in the morning yesterday while watching Oscar opdates and ionundated with footy Man..

and i was hoping for a clear answer from someone

Is SG-1 S8 built around Atlantis to complement it- or vice versa and if the first is it justa gimmick for the start of Atlantis.

Dunno if anyone got the UK SG-1 S8 1st DVD today, but from the DVD you kinda got that impression with all the beefing up of Atlantis they were doing on it.. and esp. with the free Atlantis episdeo disk.. the only thing i can think of as a counter argument is the fact the the free ep was Poisoning the Well - which, while good wasn't the strongest epside to picque an ordinary SG-1 viewer into Atlantis..

but the argument for the TV viewer should be academic anyway as Atloantis directly followed SG-1 on Sky One anyway...

Mad world- anyone care to make sense of it?
    I mean nothing i say- i'm not clever enough to think through any of it- rabbling on and confusing everyone is far better

Atlantis is a spinoff of SG-1.

In upcoming seasons (and upcoming episodes from current seasons) of both shows, there are planned crossover episodes. So in a way, both shows are running concurrent to each other to allow plot lines to converge at certain points. There are events worked into SG-1 S8 to allow crossovers to Atlantis to occur, and vice versa. It makes sense to begin working these events into upcoming episodes before the actual crossover events happen. It makes more sense that way (at least to me).

Hope that helps some.

Comment

Right. There are some cross overs to kind of keep you in touch with the timing of both shows in relation to each other. They aren't dependant on each other though.
      I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

Originally posted by superspurious

Is SG-1 S8 built around Atlantis to complement it- or vice versa and if the first is it justa gimmick for the start of Atlantis.

Mad world- anyone care to make sense of it?
        I think even TPTB haven't figured that one out, yet. The pool of writers consists of many of the same people - seems like the episodes are being written with some sort of crossover knowledge or awareness. And since every season since about S6 has been thought to be the last one for SG-1, who knows if there really IS an answer to this question!
        "I'd love to de-brief you all after I've de-briefed myself for a nice hot shower."

Comment

Working...
        X