This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Orii (S9 Spoilers)

Since I didnt see a thread, let this be it! What do you guys think.

MS mentioned at the convention that the new villian would be "The Oree" - Ancients Gone Bad.

If they are in anyway related to the ancients it will be interesting to see a more human race try to take on us

Comments?~

I couldn't be more happy with the idea. I always wanted to know if some Ancients had broken off and had become evil.

It's going to be interesting seeing where they come from, inside this galaxy or from outside it.
    Music Profile: 83710 Songs --- 3714 Artists --- 7051 Albums

Comment

Maybe Anubis corrupted some while he was with them?

Comment

Originally posted by Chricton
        I couldn't be more happy with the idea. I always wanted to know if some Ancients had broken off and had become evil.

It's going to be interesting seeing where they come from, inside this galaxy or from outside it.
        Thats what alot of people thought the Furlings would be

But how are they going to portray these "ancients" - as ancients with all their knowledge? But how?.. without getting the other "ascended beings" to interfere..

But the ancients arent necessarily ascended.. maybe there is still a group living of on some planet .. true original ancients...

Comment

The Oree reminds me of Oreo cookie

Comment

Originally posted by mathwizard
            The Oree reminds me of Oreo cookie
            LOL! I thought the same thing - I was skimming across the article and thought they were mentioning the "re'ol" but it caught my eye and I re-read it.. Oreo? What?!

Comment

The Oree were likely a minority faction of ancients that didn't like how the majority ran things. They were too few to get the results they wanted, so instead they resorted on a WMD attack.
              The Oree started the plague that killed off most of the ancients. Then they left the Milky Way to wait it out, and are now returning to take over.

If I'm right, then they should be like ancients, not ascended beings. They'll probably have big city-ships like Atlantis, and warships that make Anubis' battlecruiser look like a deathglider.

Also, they were probably the reason the "Alliance of Four Races" was created when the ancients returned from Pegasus; incase the Oree ever returned, the ancients would have been too few to fight them off alone.

Just a guess
              Jarnin's Law of StarGate:

1. As a StarGate discussion grows longer, the probability of someone mentioning the Furlings approaches one.

Comment

The Oree are sure to lead to some great stories, and should help us to learn more about the anicents history.

Comment

This is exactly what I wanted!
                  A race a powerful as the ancients, but took a different path.

I hope this marks the transition from the old SG1, to a new SG1 that can go on for many more series.

Comment

I gotta hand it to them. I was having a reserved attitude about season 9, but this new enemy was too awesome of a concept not to get excited about. As long as they don't ascend; this idea makes for an very interesting enemy. I was expecting some new form or evolved goauld or other enemy, but the Oree top those ideas by far.

Comment

I want the Oree to be completely corrupted and evil Ancients. I was hoping for a Shadows like enemy (from Babylon 5) that fostered chaos and had spider-like ships..etc., But I think this could work in some way.

I hope that Oree Technology can be distinquished clearly from that of the Ancients and Lantians. Hopefully, the Oree decided to use a different type of technology than the Ancients after breaking off.

Comment

Actually, I'd like the idea of the Oree ascending.

It may even be part of a pact between the Oree and the Ancients, to maintain a balance between good and evil at all levels of existance, without one or the other getting a majority.

Comment

The writers always put into our minds that the Ancients were all powerful. They are slowly chipping away at that. They need to. If the Oree are evil Ancients then they would just kick SG1s ass and that would be that. Cant have them too strong. It will be interesting to see how they do this. SG1 needs a good enemy because I dont think SG1 has been in any real danger for a long time. I thought maybe Anubis or the Replicators but they were killed off right when they got too powerful. Meh. I guess we'll see.
                          "...smart, funny, exciting, touching..." - Newsday

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader
                            Actually, I'd like the idea of the Oree ascending.

It may even be part of a pact between the Oree and the Ancients, to maintain a balance between good and evil at all levels of existance, without one or the other getting a majority.
                            How does this sound? The Oree are a corrupt faction of Ancients, but some of them are also amoung the ranks of the ascended and in fact are many of the ones holding a sort of political power on that plane (hence the ideology of destroying a whole race instead and leaving their weapon intact, instead of destroying that when it was causing the problem in the first place). Now, when the Oree return, because they also make up a significant chunk of the "ruling class" of the ascended, they choose to get involved in their breathren's battle and the whole "non-interference" thing gets thrown out the window so that we can have followers of Oma such as Orlin and Skaara ally w/ us, and then go to war w/ the Oree on both planes. If the Oree also had the ability to ascend, it'd make sense that the Ancients would develop a suitable defense while they were still corporeal, and something that could generate a significant amount of artificial gravity in a limited space would be that weapon to take on energy beings, and not at all outside the Ancients' capability if they could build the Stargates and tap into vaccuum energy; and maybe Excalibur is that weapon.

Personally, I really like that idea, as it would contain the best of both worlds in regards to exploring that concept, and the way the ascended ancients ideology seems to be portrayed, it'd make sense for them to be gradually increasing in their impatience w/ us for all the times we've escaped death through seemingly impossible means (time travel, Daniel ascending, using their technology, etc.) and/or each time we get closer and closer to becoming a galactic power.

-Bloodaxe

Comment

This makes the Oree the...what is it, third faction of Ancients?
                              First, there were the ones who stayed in the Milky Way and died 'cause of the plague.
                              Then there were the ones who went to the Pegasus Galaxy.

I like Jarnin's idea for thier backstory. I hope that they have post-Atlantis technology, menaing Puddlejumpers and stuff. Imagine dogfights with Puddlejumpers and F-302s.

Since SG-1 walk around with all manner of guns and stuff, I wonder what kind of guns and ground-based weapons they'll use?

Comment

Working...
                              X