This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Major Flaw With Whole Stargate Story

Correct me if I'm wrong, but all these planets SG-1 goes to with humans on them, arn't the humans there because the Goa'uld put them there?

Didn't the Ancients put all the stargates on these planets long before the Goa'uld put humans on them?

If so, then why would the Ancients put all these stargates on planets with no one on them? How could they know that humans would someday be put on them?

Perhaps the Ancients put stargates on those planets becuase THEY were using the planets? As time passed and the Ancients died, ascended, or left this part of the galaxy, the Goa'uld moved in, and began transplanting humans there.

Alternately, what if some of the descendants of the Ancients are still around?
    Nmom
    sigpic

Comment

According to the Asgard, Humans and Ancients are two different races, though I think Humans are a sub species of the ancients.

We may discover later in the series or in Atlantis, that the humans on these planets were descended from ancients that colonised them and the Goa'uld just used them as slaves. who knows.

Comment

Asgaard brought over Humans to other planets , Chimera and Red sky episode.

The Ancients may have done the same.

Maybe they freed Goa'uld slaves?

I personally think there is to many human civilizations out there, Way to many human civilizations that overthrowed the Goa'uld at that.

Another question is since every Jaffa carries a larval Goa'uld and each one matures and then takes a host , Why is there so few Goa'uld seen? The Jaffa outnumber them but if each Jaffa Carries a Goa'uld and can have 3 in one life time, Thats means for every Jaffa there is three Goa'uld produced, Also Goa'uld have extremely long life spans they live for thousands of years.

Why are the Goa'uld so few?

Why dont we see them infesting alien races besides the Unas.
        The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

Originally posted by Nolamom
          Perhaps the Ancients put stargates on those planets becuase THEY were using the planets?
          I some how doubt they would be using thousands of planets, maybe, you never know.

Comment

Putting a stargate allows them to visit the planet again with greater speed.
            The Egyptian Cat God .

Comment

The gould could have move the Stargate, maybe Atlanis will explain it better.
              It’s the show that doesn’t end, it goes on and on my friends, some people started watching not knowing what it was, but they will be watching forever just because it’s the show that doesn’t end…..

Comment

Hasn't it been implied that the Goa'uld shuffled the gates around? I mean, they brought the Giza gate here to Earth, right? It was only later that the whole thing with the Antarctic gate was uncovered (literally). There's also the fact that Apophis had one on his ship. I'm pretty sure the Ancients didn't intend THAT, either. At least not that specific instance.

However, some of the gates are obviously right where the Ancients left them. I guess it's a matter of how many gates were moved and why haven't we run across more evidence of the Ancients existence? The Goa'uld didn't move ALL of the gates, and yet a majority of what we've found on other planets so far has tied into Goa'uld history, not the Ancients.

Still, the gate shuffling thing would tie in nicely with my idea of ending the show with Daniel joining the Prometheus crew to go off in search of Ancient ruins on planets without a stargate.

Comment

Why would the Ancients make some many sargates in the first place?

Comment

Originally posted by Wrathox
                    Why would the Ancients make some many sargates in the first place?
                    Why do people make so many cars? Why do they build airplanes? The Ancients were a space-faring race, they just decided that stargates were faster than starships.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                      Why do people make so many cars? Why do they build airplanes? The Ancients were a space-faring race, they just decided that stargates were faster than starships.
                      I know that but what would they need with thousands of planets, every time they land on a new planet they place a stargate?

Comment

I know that but what would they need with thousands of planets, every time they land on a new planet they place a stargate?
                        Well, yeah. That way they know where they've been and if they ever want to return, they can. Maybe they had a team going out and making initial surveys and plunking down a gate before sending the coordinates back Home and moving on, then Home sends out a team to do a more thorough investigation.

If they're mapping the universe, they need some way to keep track, right? Maybe also the equivalent of sticking a pin in the map to say "we were here".

As for why they're exploring... for the sake of exploration, to help spread out their burgeoning popupation, to escape some calamity, to find answers... why does anyone explore, right?

Comment

That makes sense. Problem solved, Thanx.

I would still like to see something on TV, maybe a 2 hour special on Stargate: How It All Began.

Comment

I would still like to see something on TV, maybe a 2 hour special on Stargate: How It All Began.
                            Now that WOULD be a good show, sort of like a prequall. I'd definately watch that.
                            sigpic

Comment

Well it depends. We know the Ancient civilisation died out many thousands of years ago, but have no idea how long it flourished. If they were an advanced and enlightened race who eliminated most of the more traumatic forms of death and deprivation, with a civilisation which lasted for thousands of years, you can bet they would have needed a lot of worlds; worlds to live on, worlds to farm, worlds to mine.
                              Behold the majesty that is...GERALD!
                              - Read The Prophet's fan fiction at The Lost Vegas Public Library.

Comment

Working...
                              X