• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms (802)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON EIGHT
    A KNIGHT OF THE SEVEN KINGDOMS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 802
    Jaime Lannister's arrival at Winterfell introduces new tension to the alliance between Daenerys and the Starks. Old friends (and foes) assemble to prepare for the coming White Walker assault, knowing that they may be unable to turn back the enemy.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 10 May 2019, 10:59 PM.

So....Jamie is forgiven - or at least accepted.
    Yay for Arya and Gendry (had a soft spot for them since season one)
    Dany starts to show her inner prickliness - methinks she’s either going to have an epiphany or she will need to be stopped. Cause i think she is starting to see Sansa as a threat, and Jon now too. (to be fair, her whole life has been to reclaim the throne and here she is certainly not welcomed with open arms and now to find out there is a legitimate competitor?)

I love the knight moment with Jamie and Brianne (I know she seems to love Jamie but there seems to be sparks between her and Ginger too so....)

We have confirmation from Jamie that Cersei is really pregnant - but does he know or is he sure just cause she told him?)

Some fun gallows humor but I do have to admit, even for them having 7 episodes...or is it six? - it does seem to be coming down to the battle of the dead, then the battle at King’s Landing. I’m wondering if this is gonna be pretty anticlimactic?

Next week
    Spoiler:
    the battle of winterfell
    Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
      So....Jamie is forgiven - or at least accepted.
      Yay for Arya and Gendry (had a soft spot for them since season one)
      Be weird since they didn't meet until season 2

But jesus I was not ready to see THAT scene.

Best character episode we have had in a long, LONG time

I'm not sure I'm ready for the upcoming week with both Endgame and Battle of Winterfell.

Edit: Hey mods can we name the thread after the episode? "A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms"
      Last edited by Gen. Chris; 21 April 2019, 08:29 PM.
      sigpic

Comment

Someone got it. As you can tell they do not release the episode titles until after it airs on the west coast so we have no way to get them ‘right’ beforehand.

sigpic

Comment

*Not watched the trailer for episode 3 but its pretty obvious from that ending*

Its felt like these past 2 episodes have been about getting everyone where they need to be and any reunions that needed to happen. Now we can get down to the action! Also, there has been so much forshadowing that you wonder which ones are red herrings and which will happen.

Very excited about the next episode!

Comment

Originally posted by Skydiver View Post
            As you can tell they do not release the episode titles until after it airs on the west coast so we have no way to get them ‘right’ beforehand.
            Wasn't criticizing. They haven't publicized the episode titles this year so I figured it was a placeholder

I hope the title of the last episode is Dream of Spring though...
            sigpic

Comment

GHOST!

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                GHOST!
                I mean, he really is though. I'm starting to wonder if Jon even knows Ghost is there any more.
                Please do me a huge favour and help me be with the love of my life.

Comment

I honestly wonder if Ghost was really there or CGI’d in cause no one interacted with him

But yeah, so much foreshadowing. And it looks like cost saving. I mean 1 and 2 have essentially been bottle episodes, shot on the existing set for the most part, I’m gonna guess to save the funds for the battles to come.

future spec
                  Spoiler:
                  although this battle for winterfell, either they win or they lose and run for their lives through the white walkers to get down south...but there’s no way that compliment of people, women and children can beat the walkers, so the whole ice zombie fight might be rather anti-climactic. Kill the Night king and all his followers die, woohoo, now down to cersei’ and it’s over.

There are 6 or 7 total? so we’ve gone through almost a third of the season already.

I do fear this series will end on a ‘rushed to the finish line’ note.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Gen. Chris View Post
                    Wasn't criticizing. They haven't publicized the episode titles this year so I figured it was a placeholder

I hope the title of the last episode is Dream of Spring though...

no worries. But to complicate things, there are different titles floating around. I’ve seen ‘The Rightful Queen’ and ‘Jenny’s Song’ on various sites. So I’m gonna guess that HBO is the only real source for episode titles.

sigpic

Comment

no reason why the Walkers would fall if the NK dies

walkers ain't puppets they weren't resurrected dead people (maybe that'd explain why Jon told Beric "you don't understand" when Beric suggested killing the NK was enough)

I reckon if NK is killed then either the walkers revert to human (with blank slate memories/catatonic?) or the other walkers will have to be dealt with individually as well

for the episode itself
                      never was a big fan of Jorah but he gains major points for defending Tyrion

Dany did have a point about her being "manipulated" by Jon (and seriously it's been 2 episodes & Dany hasn't mentioned to Sansa or any of the northerners that she basically lost a dragon for Jon's sake? bad writing there unless they're saving it for later but it'd have made more sense to mention it before the battle)

saved by the bell? the potential "conflict" between Dany & Jon when she learns of his ancestry, averted by the arrival of the walkers
                      as I said & as she pointed out, the proof is flimsy & rests on the visions of Jon's brother (cousin) and his friend's testimony. maybe Bran can project his visions on her
                      Daby would still be queen consort if she married Jon but for some reason I'm not quite convinced those two will marry (dunno why)

so the Night King just wants to erase human memory? that's underwhelming & disappointing I was hoping for something a bit less straightforward a more complex plot which would involve insight into his history to justify or at least explain his motives & actions (unless Bran is wrong after all reading the NK's thoughts isn't quite the same as reading mortals and the NK's powers are vaster than Bran's)

Originally posted by P-90_177 View Post
                      I mean, he really is though. I'm starting to wonder if Jon even knows Ghost is there any more.
                      he's in stealth mode that's how he survives

his fighting chances would be greater on an open field but he's still just an oversize wolf & I can't imagine him surviving long on the battlefield with all those blade-wielding undead & walkers
                      he'll kill/neutralize a few wights by dismembering them but in the end he's just an oversize wolf & very vulnerable

the dragons have a better chance especially Drogon since he's bigger and (most likely) more heavily armoured than Rhaegon so maybe he could tank a few of those spears & keep on flying

dunno how many main characters will fall I just hope the remaining dogs & dragons make it through :|

Comment

btw wasn't expecting "Gendrya" so soon

In wonder how Maisie from seasons 1 or 2 would react if she saw her adult self in season 8 lol

Comment

*Oops, this was meant to be a reply to Skydivers post but didnt want to link it to avoid his tag*

These episodes have definately felt like cost saving which is suprising cause didnt they say they were getting $10million per episode? Or is that the budget for the battles?

I suppose the dragon CGI probably wasnt cheap for episode one but episode two didnt really have anything expensive looking.

Problem with something like GoTs is that the ending will never please everyone. Its either going to be amazing or stumble, hoping for the former but could be the latter. I do feel like theyve been preparing for this for a while so Im hoping its good.

Comment

Originally posted by Teddybrown View Post
                            episode two didnt really have anything expensive looking.
                            Ghost's 10s appearance made up most of the episode's budget

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
                              Ghost's 10s appearance made up most of the episode's budget
                              Really, they're that expensive to produce?

Comment

Working...
                              X