This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spoiler - ZPM

ok, so Atlantis is getting a ZPM from the new ship that is coming from earth and is powered by a ZPM. so, is the ship (i forget the name) going to stay there cause if it returns, it has to use the ZPM to get back? where would it land?? lol

and i also assume the ship has an alternative power source so the ZPM can be removed and still be able to use it. is it an Asgard engine or naquadria?

Say hello to my little friend!!

Its a asgard hyperdrive, as its mentioned in SG1 (I'm assuming that u actually did want to know that!). So in theory the ship will be able to go back and forth between atlantis and Earth, just the trip will take a couple of months each way rather then a couple of days.

This by the way is probably why the asgard haven't come to help them, as pegasus is obviously a little further then their galaxy from the MW.

But what I'm wondering is that yay atlantis is protected by a nice shield, but how long will earths ship last. yeah its probably got asgard sheild like the prometheus, but how will they compare when put against the wraith. Also atalntis may get a sheild, but then they're gonna be beseiged like the ancients, and either way the sheild will probably fail if the wraith give it a big enough pounding, so will they submerge the city again?

Comment

The ZPM is used in Daedalus only to speed up the ship. The ship can get back, but it will take a few more weeks to do so.
      Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

lol...yea, i did know about the asgard engine. just forgot.

what i dont get is why they actually think they have a chance against the Wraith with just one ship? it's probably not even close to the tech of the wraith and severly out numbered. maybe if the Asguard helped. now that the Replicators are gone, they should go help.

hopefully the rumors of an Asgard being on Atlantis are true. that would rock.

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
          lol...yea, i did know about the asgard engine. just forgot.

what i dont get is why they actually think they have a chance against the Wraith with just one ship? it's probably not even close to the tech of the wraith and severly out numbered. maybe if the Asguard helped. now that the Replicators are gone, they should go help.

hopefully the rumors of an Asgard being on Atlantis are true. that would rock.
          The Wraith think like the Ancients. We think like MacGyver. MacGyver didn't use guns, but he always defeated the bad guys who, of course, used guns.

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
            The Wraith think like the Ancients. We think like MacGyver. MacGyver didn't use guns, but he always defeated the bad guys who, of course, used guns.
            so they are going to use Duck Tape and dental floss to defeat them?

Comment

Originally posted by Iguana775
              so they are going to use Duck Tape and dental floss to defeat them?
              Pseudo-Spoiler Space
              They will use a swiss army knife, duck tape, dental floss, naquadah generator, rubber balloons, helium tanks, and a cigarette lighter. The result will be a powerful weapon capable of passing through a Wraith Hiveship's sheilds undetected.

Comment

They will use a swiss army knife, duck tape, dental floss, naquadah generator, rubber balloons, helium tanks, and a cigarette lighter. The result will be a powerful weapon capable of passing through a Wraith Hiveship's sheilds undetected.[/QUOTE]

Wonderful LOL
                The enemy has spoken

Comment

Pseudo-Spoiler Space
                  They will use a swiss army knife, duck tape, dental floss, naquadah generator, rubber balloons, helium tanks, and a cigarette lighter. The result will be a powerful weapon capable of passing through a Wraith Hiveship's sheilds undetected.
                  what about the mirror and the piano string?
                  "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity."
                  - Albert Einstein

Comment

and about the 303, if all else fails, it could just land or hover over atlantis under the shields.

and the the 303 has a huge advantage over the wraith. it has hyperdrive so it can out run them.
                    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity."
                    - Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by backwardsman
                      what about the mirror and the piano string?
                      Forgot about those things. They would help, of course.

Comment

The Daedalus is bringing a ZPM to Atlantis. That doesn't mean it's going to defeat the Wraith hive ships by itself. For all we know, it could drop in, beam the ZPM to Atlantis, take a couple of shots at a hive ship then head back to Earth.
                        I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

How much do we know about the relative scale between the Daedalus and the Atlantis outpost? There are some faily flat areas on the outskirts of Atlantis, perhaps the 303 could land there, if it is sufficiently small/Atlantis is sufficiently large.

Comment

Even if the wraith 'Pounded' the city's sheild it would still hold. In various episodes we've been told that the city's sheild is to strong for the wraith to break. Episode 1 tells us that atlantis withstood the wraiths 'powerful' weapons.

As for the Daedalus storyline. I personally think they wont beam the ZPM straight away to atlantis. I think they'll use it to power the Asgard energy weapon until they can fire a few shots then beam it down. After all the problem has always been that they only have enough power to either power the sheilds or the weapon. Thats why they always use typical earth weaponary.

All being said i think that none of use speculating on what happens will actually be right. No doupt we will be supirsed as before with SG1

Comment

Forgot about those things. They would help, of course.
                              And you could always disarm an awry nuke with a tennis racket and some spark plugs ...

Comment

Working...
                              X