• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guardians (912)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON NINE
    GUARDIANS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 912
    With the leadership of Alexandria at odds over their support for the Kingdom, Gabriel must decide his future with Rosita. Henry follows Lydia and the Whisperers, but soon finds himself a captive in the lion's den.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 03 March 2019, 10:47 PM.

I keep hoping I’ll get used to the accent they picked for Alpha, but oh my god the more I hear it the more I hate it. I just can’t take the character seriously when she sounds like that :/

And uh...hey does she seem kind of...er...well-fed, for a person who’s been living out in the open/in the wild, subsisting on plants/whatever game they can hunt? Just seems kind of incongruous.

On the plus side, I like Beta, I love the costuming/makeup design they’ve done for the Whisperer masks, and there are at least a couple of main characters I’m pretty excited to see die at their hands
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
      I keep hoping I’ll get used to the accent they picked for Alpha, but oh my god the more I hear it the more I hate it. I just can’t take the character seriously when she sounds like that :/
      Agreed, it's not really the accent for me but the tone and flow of her voice. It reminds me a bit of the Vikings show, they all talk in the same rhythmic, annoying voice.

Boi was the irony of those whisperers yelling for their lives while being eaten alive was satisfying, so much for your whispers eh! I also think Alpha's voice is annoying.

And uh...hey does she seem kind of...er...well-fed, for a person who’s been living out in the open/in the wild, subsisting on plants/whatever game they can hunt? Just seems kind of incongruous.
      Thought about that too. I mean they've been hunting a lot (we see some of them skinning a deer), I guess like a wolf pack she's the first to eat and gets her fill each time, which is why I kind of dismissed that point. If you noticed, when they walked around, every time Alpha stopped all her followers stopped as well and kind of roamed around her.

On the plus side, I like Beta, I love the costuming/makeup design they’ve done for the Whisperer masks, and there are at least a couple of main characters I’m pretty excited to see die at their hands
      Beta does look like a bad-ass, he looks Viking or something.

Who would that be Digi? (bolded)

I have so many questions though.

1- It must take FOREVER for the whisperers to move with that snail pace
      2- How do they prevent walkers attacks? I mean they don't really have a camp or anything, doesn't seem logical to me.
      3- Will we see a previous character returning as a whisperer eventually? I think that'd be pretty cool.
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Who would that be Digi? (bolded)
        Well, okay two things here...

One, I do follow the comics, so I may have a little more idea of who's toast and who's not. However at the same time, it's also pretty well-known by now that the show doesn't adhere to the comics religiously anymore, so that 'foreknowledge' may mean absolutely nothing at all.

Second: Even though I do read the comics, I am still a massive spoilerphobe about my TV shows, and so I don't know anything about any cast changes that might be on the horizon (well, except that Danai Gurira is apparently exiting next season). So anything I write in the spoiler box below is purely my own speculation:

DEATHS SPECULATION
        Spoiler:
        Likely and/or I want to happen:
        Tara -- I have hated this character since her first episode and been actively rooting for her to die since then. I would be so happy if they finally pulled the trigger on her.

Rosita -- I feel like her narrative arc is pretty much over, and she really hasn't had much to do on the show for the last few years. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she dies--I mean, are we really expecting this show to do a pregnancy storyline for a third time?

Gabriel -- A possibility, dependent on Rosita's fate. If she lives, I expect he dies and that gives her a fresh storyline. Contrarily, if she dies, I think he'll live, and he'll get the new storyline instead.

Ezekiel -- Another character who I think has exhausted their storyline. He was fun while he lasted, but his story has been told and his schtick isn't fresh anymore. For those reasons by themselves I expect he's on the chopping block, but I expect it all the moreso because his death would give fresh motivation to Carol, who remains a pretty core character.

Siddiq -- Maybe this is a bit odd to say so soon after he's joined the show, but I've really been struck by how badly they've sidelined him this year. It was supposed to be the silver lining in Carl's death that 'hey, at least we got a doctor,' but then we come to this year and suddenly it's Dr Enid and Siddiq has nothing to do.

Possible, but god I hope not because I like them or think they still have possibilities:
        Jerry -- He doesn't have much to do on the show these days so I think he's a distinct possibility but oh my god I like him so much and will be so mad if he dies

Dianne -- For no particular reason that I can figure out, she's one of my favourite minor characters, so I don't want her to go. But like Jerry, she doesn't have much to do these days.

Alden -- I can't explain this one, I just have a feeling his number might be up. No evidence to support one way or another, just a feeling.

Possible, but I'm not sure:
        Michonne -- Possible, given that Danai Gurira is leaving. But at the same time, I think they'd hesitate to kill her off. She seems like the sort of character they'd want to keep their options open with, in case Gurira wants to come back sometime down the line (even if just for a guest appearance).

Eugene -- Possible. I know that later than this in the comics, he has an interesting storyline, so I hope they don't. But as he is in the show right now, he's become kind of extraneous/useless, so I can kind of see them killing him off.

Probably safe
        Carol, Daryl, Judith, Enid, Aaron, Negan, Henry, and the new group.
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
          I have so many questions though.

1- It must take FOREVER for the whisperers to move with that snail pace
          2- How do they prevent walkers attacks? I mean they don't really have a camp or anything, doesn't seem logical to me.
          3- Will we see a previous character returning as a whisperer eventually? I think that'd be pretty cool.
          1) Ha, I had the exact same thought when I was watching this episode.

2) I agree, it's not clearly explained. What I thought was implied though was the look and the smell. We know from past seasons (and from the spin-off series) that the walkers don't notice you and leave you alone if you smell like them and don't move too obviously. I have to believe that the masks would stink like nobody's business, and we see that the Whisperers move just like them, so that's how I read it.

3) Personally I don't think so, but it's a neat idea. I'm drawing a blank on who they could have do that....who would you expect to turn up?

Comment

my answers in red

DEATHS SPECULATION
            Spoiler:
            Likely and/or I want to happen:
            Tara -- I have hated this character since her first episode and been actively rooting for her to die since then. I would be so happy if they finally pulled the trigger on her.
            Couldn't agree more. She has been annoying me as well since day 1. Also the few times I've seen her on Talking Dead I noticed she really looks arrogant and a little bit snob.

Rosita -- I feel like her narrative arc is pretty much over, and she really hasn't had much to do on the show for the last few years. I wouldn't be surprised at all if she dies--I mean, are we really expecting this show to do a pregnancy storyline for a third time?
            Agreed, they should've killed her off instead of Abraham

Gabriel -- A possibility, dependent on Rosita's fate. If she lives, I expect he dies and that gives her a fresh storyline. Contrarily, if she dies, I think he'll live, and he'll get the new storyline instead.
            I like Gabriel actually, I can't believe they'll kill him off after his ''blind'' story-line last season
            Ezekiel -- Another character who I think has exhausted their storyline. He was fun while he lasted, but his story has been told and his schtick isn't fresh anymore. For those reasons by themselves I expect he's on the chopping block, but I expect it all the moreso because his death would give fresh motivation to Carol, who remains a pretty core character.
            Yea don't really care about that one. I do love his pet tiger though.
            Siddiq -- Maybe this is a bit odd to say so soon after he's joined the show, but I've really been struck by how badly they've sidelined him this year. It was supposed to be the silver lining in Carl's death that 'hey, at least we got a doctor,' but then we come to this year and suddenly it's Dr Enid and Siddiq has nothing to do.
            Yea don't care much about him either, seems like he's there just to fill the holes (no bad joke intended)

Possible, but god I hope not because I like them or think they still have possibilities:
            Jerry -- He doesn't have much to do on the show these days so I think he's a distinct possibility but oh my god I like him so much and will be so mad if he dies
            DO NOT TOUCH MY JERRY!!!!!
            Dianne -- For no particular reason that I can figure out, she's one of my favourite minor characters, so I don't want her to go. But like Jerry, she doesn't have much to do these days.
            Had to google her, yea the archer girl. I think she's great too.
            Alden -- I can't explain this one, I just have a feeling his number might be up. No evidence to support one way or another, just a feeling.
            Don't care about that guy, also is it just me or he seems pretty old to be in a relationship with Enid? I don't know what age exactly they are in the show but this looks like you know the girl going out with the college guy. Might just be me though, and it is true I forgot to factor the time jump

Possible, but I'm not sure:
            Michonne -- Possible, given that Danai Gurira is leaving. But at the same time, I think they'd hesitate to kill her off. She seems like the sort of character they'd want to keep their options open with, in case Gurira wants to come back sometime down the line (even if just for a guest appearance).
            Well I'm glad we see Michonne is changing on this episode, because I was starting to get really annoyed at her attitude
            Eugene -- Possible. I know that later than this in the comics, he has an interesting storyline, so I hope they don't. But as he is in the show right now, he's become kind of extraneous/useless, so I can kind of see them killing him off.
            He's like the only one on the show that makes me laugh, hope they don't! (His creepy graphs of Rosita-Gabriel relationship was hilarious)

Probably safe
            Carol, Daryl, Judith, Enid, Aaron, Negan, Henry, and the new group.
            I'm really looking forward to Negan's road to redemption. Always loved this character.

Spoiler:
            I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

3) Personally I don't think so, but it's a neat idea. I'm drawing a blank on who they could have do that....who would you expect to turn up?
              Daryl's brother? Maybe Maggie, but I doubt she will ever come back

I was more thinking along the lines of someone this season disappearing and changing allegiance to those folks. But yea, now thinking about it I can't recall anybody left behind except the garbage people, which will most likely never come back unless we get those ''spinoffs'' or movies featuring Grimes.
              Spoiler:

Comment

I loved her accent. I had no trouble listening to her when I binged the show. It helps her stand out and have a unique voice and flow.

Beta is a BREAST!. How did she tame him? I feel like he could take her out no problem, but since he doesn't she must have done something to humble him.

Comment

Working...
                X