• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deflectors (207)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE ORVILLE - SEASON TWO
    DEFLECTORS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 207
    Bortus is disrupted when an old boyfriend, a Moclan engineer, arrives to upgrade the Orville's deflector systems. Kelly takes her relationship in a new direction, and Lt. Keyali makes a new friend.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 01 March 2019, 10:07 PM.

Okay so I didn't really love or hate DEFLECTORS, 207. I will say that there were choices made that I thought were fantastic, but they really didn't come along until we were well into the episode. I am still on the fence about Keyali. I think they have done a decent job establishing she is not Kitan (both last names start with K, come'on.), but I also feel like she is maybe too something I can't put my finger on. I don't know. I guess I like her alright. Anyway, this episode was decent, but could have been great with some different decisions. I do like what it has setup for the future. Clearly there are going to be issues Bortus is going to be caught up in.

And again lacking any substance are LaMarr and Malloy. They really have just become minor supporting characters.

Comment

I actually really like all that they’re doing to flesh out Maklan (however you spell it) culture. It kind of reminds me of how TNG did that with the Klingons on the regular, as a kind of way of reminding us in the audience that Worf is very different from us; and we are firmly getting that with Bortus as well.

Fun fact I want everyone to know in case they didn’t already: the giant annoying talking plant..was voiced by Bruce freaking Willis!
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Working...
      X