Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Nothing Left on Earth Excepting Fishes (204)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing Left on Earth Excepting Fishes (204)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE ORVILLE - SEASON TWO
    NOTHING LEFT ON EARTH EXCEPT FISHES
    EPISODE NUMBER - 204
    Ed finds himself behind enemy lines when he crash-lands on a mysterious planet. Meanwhile, Kelly questions why Gordon wants to take the Command Test. (FOX)

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 20 January 2019, 09:55 PM.

This was a very TNG like episode, with some bits of humor in it. Overall, this season is taking a more serious tone, which isn't bad tv, but I do miss having a few more laughs.

I had heard Michaela McManus was the actress that played Teleya last season, but I didn't see it coming that she really was Teleya.
    sigpic

Comment

Just got done watching and yes I agree - this was a very TNG episode. What's interesting (to me) is that it has a development that I always thought would be interesting in Trek, that enemy of the Krill. I often thought it could be a cool revelation in Trek if it turned out the Romulans had been engaged in some kind of long-term conflict with an aggressive power on the border opposite their border with the Federation, which we'd never heard of before because it's outside known Federation space and the Romulans are so secretive.

But I digress.

I can't say I loved this episode, though I did appreciate its characters' reflections on themselves. Gordon in particular, with his feeling of stagnation and "if I'm not interested in me, why would anyone else be?" really resonated with where I've been at lately. In this case it was kind of hand-waved away by Kelly with a reassuring word, but I think it's the hallmark of good sci-fi that it makes you stop and think.
      "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

This was one of the best episodes yet. Yes, very Trek-ish, right down the to the failed "corbomite" bluff in the training simulator, but Mercer took a big step to try to convince the Krill that maybe they don't have to keep fighting.

Comment

Working...
        X