PDA

View Full Version : The Parasite

Davey
January 2nd, 2019, 12:27 PM
If I understood correctly the parasite spreading in McKay's brain was a thin creature with many tentacles. But the one removed by Keller was like a miniature octopus that would have displaced alot of brain space. Somebody in production made a mistake here. It would have been good to have an examination of the parasite in Atlantis to find out how McKay got it in the first place, etc.

StargateMillennium
January 2nd, 2019, 03:53 PM
Creatures with no bones are extremely...I'm not sure if malleable is the word. They can expand and contract. I've seen a 600 lb octopus squeeze through a hole the size of a quarter. There have been tapeworms measuring up to 20 ft long pulled out of ppl's guts. (I've heard of 80ft ones but I can only find one article about that so it could be a fake). They expand and contract for whatever suits their situation.

Considering the radiation from the shrine caused its tentacles to all pull in, it stands to reason that the parasite is extremely spread out and that its actual body is incredibly tiny and even smaller than what we saw.