PDA

View Full Version : Avengers: Endgame

Teddybrown
December 7th, 2018, 04:46 AM
https://youtu.be/hVSpac8wx3I

Thought Id make a new thread with the official title and trailer.

DigiFluid
December 7th, 2018, 06:15 AM
My observations:

1) Is there any doubt that Tony is going to be rescued by Captain Marvel?

2) End of the trailer said April, but the release date is scheduled for May. I guess they're moving it up again, like they did with Infinity War

3) So Thor didn't have a lot to do.

4) That Thanos scarecrow was...uh...?

5) Ah Scotty, bringing the laughs. Apparently he somehow gets himself out of his cliffhanger situation from the end of Ant-Man and the Wasp

6) Tony seemingly suffocating alone in space is a solid echo of the end of the first Avengers and the PTSD hes had ever since

StargateMillennium
December 7th, 2018, 09:05 AM
I predict that everyone who got flaked is going to get unflaked. But everyone who died before the flaking is going to stay dead. And that the original Avengers are all going to die in order to get it done. Then it'll end with a statue and a speech on how they are the galaxy's greatest hero's.

Then again, it might not happen in this movie. Didn't Elizabeth Olsen suggest that this isn't the last movie and that things were going to get worse?

thekillman
December 7th, 2018, 09:40 AM
I predict that everyone who got flaked is going to get unflaked. But everyone who died before the flaking is going to stay dead. And that the original Avengers are all going to die in order to get it done. Then it'll end with a statue and a speech on how they are the galaxy's greatest hero's.

I suspect it'll go like the Guardians of the Galaxy ending: they hold hands, each wielding an Infinity Stone. Briefly they're gods, undoing Thanos' damage, but they die from the after effects.

blueray
December 7th, 2018, 01:22 PM
I hope that there's a somewhat happy ending. I want to see Tony marry Pepper. As they are the only relationship that has been there since the beginning. It will be a good conclusion to show how far he had become from Iron man. I can see other characters dying such as Steve or Thor in order to defeat Thanos.

Anyhow, great trailer. I can't wait for this movie.

Infinite-Possibilities
December 8th, 2018, 04:22 PM

Then again, it might not happen in this movie. Didn't Elizabeth Olsen suggest that this isn't the last movie and that things were going to get worse?

I don't think so. Everything I've heard before now was that this was the END end for the old guard. And that it concludes the storylines set up in Iron Man 1. I've even heard it compared to Return of the Jedi. And I assume they meant that as Return of the Jedi in it's original context, not the context it has now.

DigiFluid
March 14th, 2019, 04:43 AM
New trailer this morning. Presumably the final trailer, since the movie is only six weeks away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcMBFSGVi1c

Teddybrown
March 14th, 2019, 07:44 AM
Just came here to post this. Hits right in the feels!

Teddybrown
March 14th, 2019, 12:58 PM
Only thing Ive noticed is the similarity between the new suits and Hanks quantum realm suit

And thats all the speculating Im doing...

DigiFluid
March 14th, 2019, 01:48 PM
Minor but not remotely surprising little spoiler that's in the trailer (as in, it's not something I read online, this is literally something that happens in the trailer that could potentially be a tiny spoiler for the movie)

When they were doing their dramatic walk in their new Mass Effect cosplay uniforms in the Avengers hangar....Tony and Nebula were in the shot, wearing the uniforms too.

Gatefan1976
March 14th, 2019, 04:31 PM
True.
I think they cut the trailer in such a way as to be massively deceptive though. I have a theory about how it will play out based on things I have seen and read, but are we discussing theories here?

Teddybrown
March 15th, 2019, 04:39 PM
In marked spoiler tags yes?

I reckon they've cut the trailer like Captain Marvels.

Gatefan1976
March 15th, 2019, 04:45 PM
In marked spoiler tags yes?

So we treat theory as "potential spoilers"?, I can roll with that.

I reckon they've cut the trailer like Captain Marvels.

Deceptive?

DigiFluid
March 15th, 2019, 04:52 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did. I've also been hearing some rumblings that all the footage in the trailer comes from the first 15 minutes of the film (though I'd be surprised if that's the case for the team strutting through the hangar in their Mass Effect cosplay armour).

Teddybrown
March 15th, 2019, 05:09 PM
I wouldn't be at all surprised if they did. I've also been hearing some rumblings that all the footage in the trailer comes from the first 15 minutes of the film (though I'd be surprised if that's the case for the team strutting through the hangar in their Mass Effect cosplay armour).

Check my spoiler tag above for speculation on that if you want. I heard it was the first 30 minutes.

Something I reckon Captain Marvel confirms below.

In the Superbowl trailer we see them looking towards the sky, I thought that might be Captain Marvel coming or Tony/Nebula. The post credit scene in Captain Marvel seems to confirm the latter.

No more specuating for me though.

Gatefan1976
March 15th, 2019, 05:09 PM

I don't think it's the first 15 minutes, I think it is bits that are unrelated being cut togeather to look cohesive. the whole "white suit, mass effect" seems to be coming in from later, but cut to look like it comes in early based on that report. I think the remaining Avengers (plus Captain Marvel) are going to launch some kind of attack on Thanos early on and fail totally -before- Tony and Nebula get back, and then have to deal with that failure for years before both Tony and Ant-Man get to share technology to create some Stark/Pym Hybrid tech.

Gatefan1976
March 21st, 2019, 02:14 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYQ9toNM9Lw
just the first 30 seconds

Gatefan1976
April 1st, 2019, 07:28 AM
Found this fan made clip show that does a great job of tying all the easter eggs and timelines togeather:
(bonus, it's also coherent)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_jJNfb3T04

Teddybrown
April 1st, 2019, 12:13 PM
Any idea when tickets go on sale?

DigiFluid
April 1st, 2019, 03:01 PM
Tomorrow

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03/31/avengers-endgame-ticket-on-sale-date-revealed/

Gen. Chris
April 1st, 2019, 04:25 PM
Tomorrow

https://comicbook.com/marvel/2019/03/31/avengers-endgame-ticket-on-sale-date-revealed/

This is great to know. I need to pick it up immediately.

Gatefan1976
April 2nd, 2019, 06:29 AM
Ours are on sale now, we get it on the 24th :lol:

Oh, and:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Opbfh4wNu7Q

DigiFluid
April 2nd, 2019, 06:35 AM
This morning I had both my sister and a friend texting me while I was driving to work, about getting tickets. I am going on the Thursday night (25th) !

Gatefan1976
April 2nd, 2019, 06:49 AM
This morning I had both my sister and a friend texting me while I was driving to work, about getting tickets. I am going on the Thursday night (25th) !

Can't wait!!
The wife and I were talking about it at 1:20 AM when I got home from work :P

DigiFluid
April 2nd, 2019, 06:54 AM
Can't wait!!

Very excited :D

I've been doing my rewatch of 2 or 3 movies every weekend since Captain Marvel came out, so hyped!

Gatefan1976
April 2nd, 2019, 06:57 AM
Very excited :D

I've been doing my rewatch of 2 or 3 movies every weekend since Captain Marvel came out, so hyped!

Did you have a chance to watch the fan made clip I posted earlier Digi?

DigiFluid
April 2nd, 2019, 07:07 AM
Fan made clip? Isn't that UTrailers one you posted the new "First Look" one that Marvel released today?

Gatefan1976
April 2nd, 2019, 07:53 AM
Fan made clip? Isn't that UTrailers one you posted the new "First Look" one that Marvel released today?

The one before that brother. The last one was absolutely legit, the one before which goes for 14 minutes is a fan one.

Teddybrown
April 2nd, 2019, 11:17 AM
Got my tickets for Thursday 25th :D

Kinda hoping thats the last trailer though...

Gatefan1976
April 5th, 2019, 05:27 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBBMR7veRfw

Gatefan1976
April 6th, 2019, 05:43 AM
Seeing it 8:30 AM 24th April.

Teddybrown
April 6th, 2019, 05:56 AM
How you seeing it so early?

Gatefan1976
April 6th, 2019, 05:59 AM
How you seeing it so early?

That's when it comes out in Oz. First showing is at 8AM, but it was full.

Gatefan1976
April 6th, 2019, 06:24 AM
Do people want non-spoiler information?

DigiFluid
April 6th, 2019, 06:29 AM
I'm already avoiding any new trailers/videos until release, and will probably start avoiding this thread (and Endgame links in general) in the not-too-distant future, so do as you will :p

Gatefan1976
April 6th, 2019, 06:38 AM
I'm already avoiding any new trailers/videos until release, and will probably start avoiding this thread (and Endgame links in general) in the not-too-distant future, so do as you will :p

I mean stuff like how many post credit scenes, and weather it's the movie you might expect (same as I did for Infinity war).
I have NO desire to spoil it for anyone.

Teddybrown
April 6th, 2019, 07:31 AM
I think we should make a post viewing thread as there isnt a spoiler warning in the title of this thread.

I too wont be coming in here as often and have met my quota on trailers, same with the GoTs thread, luckily thats a lot quieter!

Gatefan1976
April 6th, 2019, 07:35 AM
I think we should make a post viewing thread as there isnt a spoiler warning in the title of this thread.

I too wont be coming in here as often and have met my quota on trailers, same with the GoTs thread, luckily thats a lot quieter!

I want to respect members, tag or not.

Gatefan1976
April 11th, 2019, 10:12 AM
New trailer:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81UOofW82FY

Platschu
April 15th, 2019, 07:02 AM
Just an idea. It would be nice to use the fact that the Guardians of the galaxy team is immune to the purple infinity stone. I know that only Rocket has survived from the "original" GotG team, but maybe this secret skill can play a role in the endgame.

I would be also interested if they really split up the stones like in the comics. Then who will get which stone?

DigiFluid
April 15th, 2019, 07:06 AM
I kind of feel like Endgame will be the end of the Infinity Stones. I don't know whether that'll mean dropping them in a black hole or having Tyrion forge an unbreakable container to store them in or them just shattering as a result of [whatever it is they do in Endgame], but it just seems like their story will be over when this movie wraps up. But who knows, right? Maybe you're exactly right and they'll each be left with a (lowercase-G) guardian somewhere in the cosmos for safekeeping.

P-90_177
April 15th, 2019, 08:12 AM
I kind of feel like Endgame will be the end of the Infinity Stones. I don't know whether that'll mean dropping them in a black hole or having Tyrion forge an unbreakable container to store them in or them just shattering as a result of [whatever it is they do in Endgame], but it just seems like their story will be over when this movie wraps up. But who knows, right? Maybe you're exactly right and they'll each be left with a (lowercase-G) guardian somewhere in the cosmos for safekeeping.

I think whatever happens to them will possibly lead to the waking of the Celestials which will then tie in towards Eternals.

Zuzular
April 15th, 2019, 09:20 AM
I think whatever happens to them will possibly lead to the waking of the Celestials which will then tie in towards Eternals.

I don't think Celestials would be an important part of the MCU. Maybe there is going to be more magic stuff like with Doctor Strange or even some demonic stuff with Ghost Rider himself. That would be awesome. After Endgame who will lead the Avengers? (If they all might die)

Gatefan1976
April 15th, 2019, 05:50 PM
Just an idea. It would be nice to use the fact that the Guardians of the galaxy team is immune to the purple infinity stone. I know that only Rocket has survived from the "original" GotG team, but maybe this secret skill can play a role in the endgame.

I would be also interested if they really split up the stones like in the comics. Then who will get which stone?

pause it at 42 seconds, you might get a hint.

https://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Culture/video/sneak-peek-cast-avengers-endgame-entertainment-weeklys-cover-62293724

Gatefan1976
April 16th, 2019, 06:54 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySczI5VUWEY

Gatefan1976
April 16th, 2019, 07:54 PM
Just a heads up folks.
Apparently a redditer has got there hands of 4-5 minutes of footage from endgame with key scenes and posted it, so it's out there. I have not gone looking for it, but wanted to give everyone a heads up.

Gen. Chris
April 16th, 2019, 08:44 PM
Just a heads up folks.
Apparently a redditer has got there hands of 4-5 minutes of footage from endgame with key scenes and posted it, so it's out there. I have not gone looking for it, but wanted to give everyone a heads up.

I just came here to mention this.

I also nearly got spoiled just now in the comments of a newstory on the Yemen war. Nowhere is safe right now :(

Gatefan1976
April 23rd, 2019, 08:39 PM
Just got back from seeing it. It's worth the wait!

Gatefan1976
April 24th, 2019, 07:33 AM
If anyone has any questions, PM me, if anyone want's any non spoiler info, post it here.

Teddybrown
April 25th, 2019, 02:10 PM
Just seen it, its frickin awesome!

Ive created a post viewing thread where we can talk openly without tags.

Gatefan1976
April 25th, 2019, 02:21 PM
Not expressly about Endgame, but not worth it's own thread:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-onk-Qm7ATw