RIP Stan Lee, 1922-2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Stan Lee, 1922-2018

Just shifting this over here so we're not derailing the other thread where this is being discussed...

Marvel Comics legend Stan Lee passed away yesterday.

It makes me sad that he didn't get to see Avengers 4 and the end of this iteration of the film universe, but there is one anecdote that popped up on Twitter last night that I found kind of heartwarming:

Originally posted by Marvel Comics Executive Editor and Senior Vice President of Publishing Tom Brevoort
    The last thing Stan Lee wrote for Marvel he did for me, for the Marvel 75th Anniversary Special—a retelling of the very first text story he wrote for Timely, this time as a comic story illustrated by Bruce Timm. So Stan’s first Marvel story was also his last Marvel story.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

I was really sad when I heard about his death. While I never read the comic books, I still feel like he had a huge impact on me. I've seen every MCU movie and most of the tv shows and loved his stories. RIP Stan Lee and my heart goes out to your family.
    sigpic

Comment

Working...
    X