Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When will we be able to just build a ZPM???

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

When will we be able to just build a ZPM???

There are only so many ZPM's left, they can only power so many things (ships, the city), eventully we will need to be able to build ZPM's or at least find the material they are made of so Mckay can build them.

Assuming they can get all the right parts and stuff.
    I'm not an actor. I just play one on TV.

Comment

well considering there is so much of atlantis still to be explored, they could learn to make ZPMs any time.

its possible that TPTB will decide to have them find a lab designed for creating them or some way to temporarily recharge them. i don't think looking for a ZPM will be one of those plots that will be used during the shows entire run so i would expect them to learn to make them or make some form of ZPM soon enough.

sigpic

Comment

when someone helps us
        gumboYaYa: you are all beautiful, your words and openness are what make that shine. don't forget how much talent love and beauty you all have.
        so for now, peace love love love more love and happy, and thank you, thank you, thank you
        love Torri

Comment

Originally posted by qasimjavid
          when someone helps us
          Or, when they find the plans (instructions) for one. Then they have to find the right equipment if there is any around, or parts if it doesn't work.

Comment

Originally posted by SaberBlade
            well considering there is so much of atlantis still to be explored, they could learn to make ZPMs any time.

its possible that TPTB will decide to have them find a lab designed for creating them or some way to temporarily recharge them. i don't think looking for a ZPM will be one of those plots that will be used during the shows entire run so i would expect them to learn to make them or make some form of ZPM soon enough.
            It would get kind of boring...

"What are we doing this mission?"

"Same thing as the last 6 years - Looking for a ZedPM"

I still think that if McKay was able to build a nuclear reactor for a sixth grade science fair, a ZedPM would only take a few weeks. He's a bit smarter now, you know.

Comment

Probably around a million years or so. Using ancient technology is one thing, being able to reproduce it is entirely another.

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
                It would get kind of boring...

"What are we doing this mission?"

"Same thing as the last 6 years - Looking for a ZedPM"

I still think that if McKay was able to build a nuclear reactor for a sixth grade science fair, a ZedPM would only take a few weeks. He's a bit smarter now, you know.
                He built a nuclear warhead, not a nuclear reacter.
                Last edited by Schrodinger's Cat; 28 February 2005, 12:40 PM.
                Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Thay find out how to make one but need more power to power the lab or to find the raw materials.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Originally posted by Schrodinger's Cat
                    He built a nuclear warhead, not a nuclear reacter.
                    You know, I was thinking that as I hit 'Post', but I figured I was wrong. Oh well.

I still think he could build a ZedPM.

Comment

Just think how boring a place atlantis would be if you could make ZPM's, you would have the city protected, have better ships than maube the asgaurd, being that they dont have an equal powersource. the good thing about SG-1 is that the SGC is able to be penetrated, it has all the human flaws we have with computer easy hacked and a metal iris not a shield. This all comes together and addes abit more conflict able to happen at home not just on other planets.

Comment

The one question I have is why we haven't reverse engineered a ZPM at this point. Even if it's a non-functional ZPM, we could learn learn alot by attempting to disassemble it or reverse engineer it in some way. (But than again, taking a ZPM apart may not be a swift move either. And in order to get another ZPM to study in the first place, we need to find one to begin with.).

But a question to consider:

Spoiler:
                        In Lost City after they remove the dead ZPM from the Antarctic outpost, what happened to it? Did SG-1 study it at all? Or did they just toss it in storage over at Area 51?) This would have been a great opportunity to study a ZPM up close and see how it works.

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur
                          Just think how boring a place atlantis would be if you could make ZPM's, you would have the city protected, have better ships than maube the asgaurd, being that they dont have an equal powersource. the good thing about SG-1 is that the SGC is able to be penetrated, it has all the human flaws we have with computer easy hacked and a metal iris not a shield. This all comes together and addes abit more conflict able to happen at home not just on other planets.
                          Yes, but I think one ZedPM built by McKay would probably only have a limited amount of power. Besides. The SGC got the naquada reactor, and our ship's still suck. Chances are good that TPTB would have it so the Ancient's took the good ships, leaving us with the jumpers.

My 100th post!!! Yippie!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kip_Cathey_Furlings_are_Cats
                            You know, I was thinking that as I hit 'Post', but I figured I was wrong. Oh well.

I still think he could build a ZedPM.
                            A nuclear warhead is much easier to build than a nuclear reactor.

I'm sure you noticed that I'm now using the cat pic. (cateyes1060.gif)

Originally posted by TechnoWraith
                            But a question to consider:

Spoiler:
                            In Lost City after they remove the dead ZPM from the Antarctic outpost, what happened to it? Did SG-1 study it at all? Or did they just toss it in storage over at Area 51?) This would have been a great opportunity to study a ZPM up close and see how it works.
                            Spoiler:
                            In Zero Hour, O'neill gave it to Camulus.

Comment

Originally posted by Excalibur
                              A metal iris is better than a shield. The iris still works when the power is out at the SGC. A shield, of course, wouldn't.

Comment

Working...
                              X