• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stradivarius (907)

Visit the Episode GuideTHE WALKING DEAD - SEASON NINE
    STRADIVARIUS
    EPISODE NUMBER - 907
    While Michonne accompanies the new group on the road to Hilltop, Jesus struggles to fulfill his new leadership role there. Meanwhile Carol and Henry pay a visit to Daryl's new home away from home.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 24 November 2018, 10:39 PM.

Alright....a little bit filler-y, but nice to take a little time to get to know the new group. And it was nice that it made Michonne pause, to hear Luke say something that maybe Rick himself wouldn't have said, but it was very Rick-/Carl-like.
    "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Okay maybe I missed stuff but I'm still confused as to...

Michonne's new hubby is the doctor guy? (I think Luke you said?) - I guess he's the father of the young boy we saw last epi?

I like the music guy and my heart jumped for a second when I thought Michonne had cut him down.

So it really seems like there's some major beef between Hill-Top and Alexandria judging by the envoys that were sent in a very formal way, almost medieval like. Jesus talking about how he kept contact, almost looked like a spy meeting of the US and Russia during the cold war. Daryl went feral, not surprised about that really.

Best new character is the dog, but I fear a sad and heart-wrenching death of the doggo

Looks like Alexandria is going to be the new Far West, anyone seen the short shot of the new constructions?
      Spoiler:
      I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        Michonne's new hubby is the doctor guy? (I think Luke you said?) - I guess he's the father of the young boy we saw last epi?
        As far as we've been told so far, Michonne is not involved with anyone. The kid is Rick's kid.

Siddiq is the doctor we met late last year, the one who Carl was rescuing when he got bit.
        Luke is the chubby new guy in Magna's group, with the instrument fixation.

Originally posted by Chaka-Z0 View Post
        So it really seems like there's some major beef between Hill-Top and Alexandria judging by the envoys that were sent in a very formal way, almost medieval like. Jesus talking about how he kept contact, almost looked like a spy meeting of the US and Russia during the cold war.
        It's a little weird, I agree. My impression in previous episodes was just that they'd drifted apart in the six year gap, but now it seems like something more....
        "A society grows great when old men plant trees, the shade of which they know they will never sit in. Good people do things for other people. That's it, the end." -- Penelope Wilton in Ricky Gervais's After Life

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
          As far as we've been told so far, Michonne is not involved with anyone. The kid is Rick's kid.

Siddiq is the doctor we met late last year, the one who Carl was rescuing when he got bit.
          Luke is the chubby new guy in Magna's group, with the instrument fixation.
          Yea I didn't remember his name. I just had the overall impression that they had gotten quite close since the timejump.
          Spoiler:
          I don’t want to be human. I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter. Do you see the absurdity of what I am? I can’t even express these things properly, because I have to—I have to conceptualize complex ideas in this stupid, limiting spoken language, but I know I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws, and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me. I’m a machine, and I can know much more.

Comment

Originally posted by DigiFluid View Post
            It's a little weird, I agree. My impression in previous episodes was just that they'd drifted apart in the six year gap, but now it seems like something more....
            My working theory is after the Bridgegate a new group was invited into one of the communities, perhaps at the insistence of Maggie or Michone and tried to take over, hence the X branding on some people's backs and one side blames the other for it, hence the hostility.

At this point it's difficult to see which side were the victims, you'd think it'd be Hilltop but Alexander seem to exhibit the scars.

I think Siddiq is just Michone's #1 as Picard would say.

Comment

I'm loving this new group. I like the communication between them, it feels familiar like they've been together a long while. Great action there.

Michonne slicing up the violin was tense but funny.

Comment

Working...
              X