Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on the Reckoning (Possible Spoilers)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on the Reckoning (Possible Spoilers)

Me and a couple of buddies watched SG-1 the other night as we do every week, and we all agreed on one thing: The Reckoning felt like it was really scattered, and that it felt really dense. I was under the impression that the first episode, combined with the second episode, could have made up the entire last half of the season, along with the last two episodes. We have the Replicators, Ancient weapons, Anubis, the To'kra, Thor, Daniel Captured, Oma, Carter running around with Thor, Baal, and the Jaffa Rebellion. Oh, and everyone's headed to where the Jaffa are. This just felt really way to much. I'm thinking that this was the remains of the last half of the season, but it was cut down a little, either to make it more accessible, less archy or whatever.

Any thoughts?
    A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

yeah, it seemed a little rushed
    Hitler, Stalin, and Mussolini => three of the world's worst dictators.

Also failed artist, failed priest, and failed grade-school teacher.

What we should learn: Don't trust artists, be wary of priests, and fear your teachers!

Comment

Edited for time? Seems like a lot was left on the cutting room floor.

"We'll keep the light on for you."

Comment

hopefully we'll get an uncut dvd version!
        sigpic
        Stargate Destiny - Coming Again Soon

Comment

I quite liked it. It was the product that stargate builds up for. It wasn't an anti-climax in the slighest, although they did rush it. The Jaffa rebellion finally materialising as more than just five guys in a tent deserved more than a 2-parter.
          The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
          The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
          Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
          All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
          Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
          An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
          Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Even after part 2, there's a lot to be done. 'Threads' is more or less ' The Reckoning Part 3-3.5'.

a time to mourn

Comment

I thought it was a great ep. It did seem to me like a great season ender though, well maybe after Threads. Probably alot was cut out but they would have to make it a three parter if they wanted to keep all of it.

On a side note I hope Moebius is even better then this since its the season ender.

Comment

Originally posted by Hatcheter
                Even after part 2, there's a lot to be done. 'Threads' is more or less ' The Reckoning Part 3-3.5'.
                Yeah. I see what you mean. And `Threads` was an extended episode. Okay maybe they didn't rush it as much as I initialy felt they did. But I'd still have liked them to have a proper three parter for Reckoning and leave Threads separate. They built up a very good story and I think it deserved more time than it got.
                The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
                The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
                Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
                All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
                Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
                An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
                Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

Working...
                X