This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Puddle Jumper DHD question

I don't know if anyone has brought this up before or not, but something has occurred to me as of late that doesn't fit right in my head.

Each puddle jumper, I assume, is equipped with a DHD so that any stargate can be remotely dialed whether it's on land or in orbit around a planet.

The thing I don't really understand deals with the PoO (Point of Origin). Ok, gate 101 is covers the fact that a PoO must be used to establish any outgoing wormhole from any stargate.

Ok, now that we've established that, my question is how does a puddle jumper dial a gate? In order for it to dial a gate it's got to have the PoO for that specific planet on its DHD. Now, assuming that there are probably thousands, if not millions of planets with stargates on them within just one galaxy, how can a puddle jumper DHD possess each one of those planets' PoO symbol?

Is it possible that a puddle jumper can somehow dial a gate and establish a wormhole without using a PoO? I find that very unlikely since it has never been talked about on stargate.

I know this is seemingly very complex and it is. It's one of those things that simply doesn't make any sense to me.
    Daniel: This tastes like chicken.
    Sam: So what's wrong with it?
    Daniel: It's macaroni and cheese.

there another thead on this find that and stop wasting our time
    sigpic
    You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
    Stargate : Genesis |
    Original Starship DesignThread
    Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
    11000! green me

Comment

*Ignoring Immhotep (SIC)*

The theory is that the Point of Origin symbol is kind of a generic placeholder... so that pressing a Point of Origin button will always function the same, no matter what planet you are on. It's possible that the Jumpers PoO button also changes symbols when it arrives on another planet.

-IMF
      "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
      "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
      BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Or it just has all of the points of entry in it's own DHD. The gates do see more advanced.
        A Quick Word from the Far Side of the Galaxy

Comment

In moebius jackson quite clearly dials the Earths PoO when they first head off world in the PJ.
          Last edited by tomchris45; 28 February 2005, 03:57 AM.

Comment

The gate ring does spin but don't stop until the gate opens when the DHD is used. Also I can explain the elusive POO thing to you but it will take a lot of writing. You want? I figured it out a bit back.

Also I'd love shots of the dhd but in full for both dhds in the pj's if anyone has them

http://al.fusiongaming.org/screencap...2/NDVD_017.jpg

Comment

Working...
            X