This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Making Offworld Travel a Safer Place

Having seen The Brotherhood, what I do not understand is why the off world team does not use the personal shields that Rodney discovered early on. It they had been using those shields, they would have had the ZPM. As I recall, Rodney was able to demonstrate that he could remove the shield.

Sure, this would make off world travel really safe, but geez, the stakes are awfully high.

Im not sure but i think they only found one and its power supply ran out when mckay had to go into that dark mist thing
    Griffin: You aren't Spanish, are you?
    McKay: Oh yes! Of the Barcelona McKays!

Steam Asgard Commander of the Teal'c

http://www.youtube.com/partcontinuum

Comment

By recent episodes, I did feel that Offworld Travel in Stargate Atlantis has an unacceptably high casualty rate. However, looking back, I find that so far the only Offworld deaths occurred in 'Rising' (Col Sumner) and 'The Defiant One' (Abrams and Gall).

In 'The Defiant One' however there were particularly bad 'ALIEN'-esque lack of security procedures which left people vulnerable, arguably.

The rest of Atlantis deaths occurred during expeditions/trips ON Atlantis, namely during 'The Storm' (2 Atlantis soldiers killed), 'The Hot Zone' (5 Atlantis personnel killed), and 'The Brotherhood' (Smith and Markham).

I think also the lack of trained security for the Athosians during 'The Storm' led to the compromising of Atlantis.

If these deaths could be avoided...
      sigpic

Comment

Working...
      X