PDA

View Full Version : Stargate Origins: Feature Cut

Osiristi
March 3rd, 2018, 11:32 AM
Just announced on social media and Stargate Command: After all 10 episodes have been released, a feature cut edition will be released. All Access members will receive a download code for this edition of the complete story in one feature-length film.

Here's to hoping it will be available on iTunes or some other international service as well!

Source: https://www.stargatecommand.co/feeds/the-stargate-origins-feature-cut

NickEast
March 3rd, 2018, 11:39 AM
Great, more goodies for All-Access members. Let's just hope (out of principle) that us No-Access fans will be able to see it not long after it gets released. Not that I'm interested in seeing it, but I want to at least be able to make the choice of buying it or not.

jerem
March 3rd, 2018, 11:55 AM
Read the same thing... Hope it'll be a nice edit, that the story will work well all stitched together.

Osiristi
March 3rd, 2018, 12:04 PM
According to the BTS material, the spinning camera endings are actually made not by computer but by actual camerawork... I hope they do away with those neatly :P

jerem
March 3rd, 2018, 12:21 PM
haha... That'd be the best part of the "long" version if they do away of these

Platschu
March 3rd, 2018, 01:16 PM
According to the BTS material, the spinning camera endings are actually made not by computer but by actual camerawork... I hope they do away with those neatly :P

It could be briefly seen at 00:58 in the first behind the scenes video :
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLctS-RWNuY

Elite Anubis Guard
March 4th, 2018, 01:53 AM
I really hope this sees a physical release too.

DigiFluid
March 4th, 2018, 09:43 AM

haha... That'd be the best part of the "long" version if they do away of these

Ugh, yes! Those completely ruin the end of every episode. Every time I start taking it seriously, suddenly I'm watching an episode of Batman '66 :rolleyes:

jerem
March 5th, 2018, 06:06 PM
I really hope this sees a physical release too.

Really hope so too... I NEED to own my Stargate ;-)

Elite Anubis Guard
March 15th, 2018, 01:50 AM
Has anyone had any codes for this yet?

jerem
March 15th, 2018, 10:29 AM
Still waiting for mine too

mooseman
March 15th, 2018, 12:13 PM
http://www.stargatecommand.co/feeds/1854171

Soon. Looks like the All Access people will get it when released for sale digitally. Also looks like more countries will be getting it this summer.

NickEast
March 15th, 2018, 01:06 PM
Are you f***g kidding me!? How's this "international"!? All-Access is available in only 6 countries. And now they announce they're going to release the final cut internationally, in just 3 additional European countries, Japan, and Latin America!? They name Latin America as a single region, so where's Europe!? I'm sick and tired of this b*llsh*t. First we don't get All-Access, then we have to wait until Summer to get the full cut, and now that full cut will only be released in 4 additional countries, and an entire subcontinent!? I'm beginning to think this is a waste of time.

In the U.S, this new version of Stargate Origins will soon be available to own in SD, HD, and 4K for $19.99, and will be available at comparable pricing in such international markets as France, Italy, Japan, Spain, Latin America this summer.

Elite Anubis Guard
March 16th, 2018, 12:45 AM
http://www.stargatecommand.co/feeds/1854171

Soon. Looks like the All Access people will get it when released for sale digitally. Also looks like more countries will be getting it this summer.

Punishingly - and for the sake of completion - I do hope it sees release on actual physical media.

Falcon Horus
March 17th, 2018, 09:27 AM
Are you f***g kidding me!? How's this "international"!? All-Access is available in only 6 countries. And now they announce they're going to release the final cut internationally, in just 3 additional European countries, Japan, and Latin America!? They name Latin America as a single region, so where's Europe!? I'm sick and tired of this b*llsh*t. First we don't get All-Access, then we have to wait until Summer to get the full cut, and now that full cut will only be released in 4 additional countries, and an entire subcontinent!? I'm beginning to think this is a waste of time.

Also, not to add to your frustration, but it will be available for 20 dollar or the local equivalent of it, so you would basically be paying the same amount of money for less than what all-access members got for the same 20 dollar.

Platschu
March 17th, 2018, 11:59 AM
Wow. Now we reached 10 countries... 187 countries to go! So if they have added 4 in 7 months, then the whole world could watch it in 2045. :mckay: :mckay: :mckay:

Falcon Horus
March 17th, 2018, 03:25 PM
Wow. Now we reached 10 countries... 187 countries to go! So if they have added 4 in 7 months, then the whole world could watch it in 2045. :mckay: :mckay: :mckay:

:lol:

Platschu
March 17th, 2018, 03:31 PM
It will be sad if the first Mars colonists can watch it legally earlier than us. :samanime27:

Falcon Horus
March 17th, 2018, 04:13 PM
It will be sad if the first Mars colonists can watch it legally earlier than us. :samanime27:

I wouldn't be too worried about that -- someone hasn't thought all the issues with that mission through yet. Nobody's going to Mars any time soon.

Supergater
March 18th, 2018, 08:19 AM
I wouldn't be too worried about that -- someone hasn't thought all the issues with that mission through yet. Nobody's going to Mars any time soon.

Unless the Stargate program was running for the past 20 years, and we have played nice with our alien allies, and somehow or other you're shorlisted for the homeworld-disaster-evacuation list. LOL

jerem
March 19th, 2018, 01:51 PM

I bet the astronauts on the International Space Station already have access to it ;)

Ian-S
March 19th, 2018, 01:56 PM
...and they wonder why piracy is so rife in this industry.

DigiFluid
March 19th, 2018, 03:32 PM
...and they wonder why piracy is so rife in this industry.

Seriously. I'm not advocating for it, but when international rollouts are as inept as this, I certainly understand it.

Falcon Horus
March 20th, 2018, 08:02 AM
Seriously. I'm not advocating for it, but when international rollouts are as inept as this, I certainly understand it.

I am aware there's a streaming website where Origins can be viewed -- illegally -- and I've seen a whole lot of tweets from people not elligible for all-access tweeting about it so I'm fairly certain MGM and Stargate Command are aware that's how a lot of "blocked" people are already watching anyway.

And before you ask, yes -- I have the link, and no -- I haven't watched it. Not planning to either.

mooseman
June 13th, 2018, 07:02 PM

Release date is June 19th per MGM’s Twitter.

Elite Anubis Guard
June 14th, 2018, 12:13 AM
Definitely curious to see what changes have been made.

Osiristi
June 14th, 2018, 04:59 AM
So, they're now calling this "Stargate Origins: Catherine". Gearing up for more seasons? Hopefully of higher quality.

Falcon Horus
June 14th, 2018, 07:35 AM
So, they're now calling this "Stargate Origins: Catherine". Gearing up for more seasons? Hopefully of higher quality.

They can stick their other Origins-story where Ra doesn't shine.

And as far as the "worldwide" release of this one -- I'll believe it when I see it available in my neck of the woods.

Nevertheless, MGM has lost a supporter eitherway.

Platschu
June 14th, 2018, 02:02 PM
It is a great news. At least something has happened. I hope they completly remake the stargate visuals and gate / DHD sound effects (according to the "usual" SG-1 one), so after that maybe it will be an enjoyable mini SG adventure.

Falcon Horus
June 14th, 2018, 02:48 PM
It is a great news. At least something has happened. I hope they completly remake the stargate visuals and gate / DHD sound effects (according to the "usual" SG-1 one), so after that maybe it will be an enjoyable mini SG adventure.

I see dangling the stargate carrot still works for you. Are you really that naive?

The VFX of the gate as they made it in Origins is not going to be the same as SG-1's.
They added VFX-shot not changed any. They took the spinning camera-movements out (heard about them).

The story will still be the same. VFX and sound really can't change that.

Falcon Horus
June 14th, 2018, 02:55 PM
From the article now up on the stargate command website:

Following on from the successful rollout of Stargate Origins earlier this year, Stargate Command is delighted to announce the release of a brand new cut of Catherine Langford’s adventures.

On June 19, 2018, Stargate Origins: Catherine (Feature Cut) will be available for download on digital platforms worldwide. This all-new version of the Stargate Origins story brings ten action-packed episodes together in one feature-length cut, adding a whole host of new features including:

* An updated sound mix
* A new, extended title sequence that teases the mystery and tone of the feature
* Seamless transitions merging the episodic format into an uninterrupted singular viewing experience
* Enhanced VFX shots
* Subtitles in 12 languages for our global community of Stargate fans

What’s more, this new feature-cut will be available in stunning 4K, making it the first release ever to bring the visual richness of that format to the Stargate franchise.

“Stargate Origins was created as a dual form of storytelling. First, it is a self-contained short format episodic series that was inspired by serialized science fiction with a nod towards contemporary digital storytelling. We also intentionally built our ten episodes to track a broader story so it could be experienced as a feature-length program. We’re excited to share Stargate Origins: Catherine in this single, longer format and hope you enjoy the story in this new uninterrupted cut,” said Sam Toles, MGM’s SVP of Digital and New Platforms.

Stargate Origins: Catherine (Feature Cut) will be available to own on digital in SD, HD, and 4K for $19.99 in the US, and at comparable rates internationally.

As part of the membership benefits, each Stargate Command All-Access member will be given an exclusive key to redeem his or her copy of Stargate Origins: Catherine (Feature Cut) on the iTunes store.

There is literally not a single way I'm going to pay 20 euro, or whatever the equivalent might be, if it's available in my country, for this. NOT in a million or so years. Forget it!

Platschu
June 14th, 2018, 09:43 PM
I see dangling the stargate carrot still works for you. Are you really that naive?

The VFX of the gate as they made it in Origins is not going to be the same as SG-1's.
They added VFX-shot not changed any. They took the spinning camera-movements out (heard about them).

The story will still be the same. VFX and sound really can't change that.

At least they have admitted this way that SG:O was far from good or perfect. It is a massively disappointing 2/10 points at me at the moment, but maybe it can go up to 3-4/10. And unfortunately it is still far from an "average" standards of any SG episode. The acting is horrible, the story is meh, the jokes are inappropriate, the production value looks poor. But in spite of these I could see a little glimpse of (no, not Kobol) a used-to-be shiny franchise.

It is still unacceptable how they manage the other countries. And why would anyone pay 20 dollars, if you could watch the 3 shows for that amount of money for the remaining months? Oh yeah, because they are not capable/willing to solve the technology behind to support the fans worldwide with more SG:C servers. And it is still a disgrace in the XXI. century.

But as I said before I won't hate them, just I am disappointed and annoyed as it is not fair with long-time fans. I still believe in the future of this franchise. At least they noticed the negative feedback from the fans and I am wondering if they have made any real changes.

Falcon Horus
June 15th, 2018, 04:25 AM
But as I said before I won't hate them, just I am disappointed and annoyed as it is not fair with long-time fans. I still believe in the future of this franchise. At least they noticed the negative feedback from the fans and I am wondering if they have made any real changes.

That's the problem -- they haven't.

The spinning is just not necessary in a feature cut, which has to flow like one story. And if you're back to editting you can alter VFX as you go. And better sound effects or whatever else you would need to spice it up to match a 4K download.

And my reasons not spending the equivalent of 20 dollars on this download:

A digital download -- virtual zeros and ones, not even an actual disc to add to the collection -- just air in a manner of speaking
There's not even manufacturing costs of making the DVD, or the cover art. No extras.

MGM has given 6 countries a whole lot more for their 20 dollar, and all I get (if it will be available) is a digital download of something I might not even like?!? Guess again...

Elite Anubis Guard
June 15th, 2018, 04:37 AM
Interesting to see the rebrand. I think there's potential in the format if they don't shoehorn stuff in. There's plenty of other one off or minor characters who'd be interesting to explore without causing the groan inducing "solutions" that this did. I'm willing to give them another shot at the concept.

Falcon Horus
June 15th, 2018, 06:20 AM
Interesting to see the rebrand. I think there's potential in the format if they don't shoehorn stuff in. There's plenty of other one off or minor characters who'd be interesting to explore without causing the groan inducing "solutions" that this did. I'm willing to give them another shot at the concept.

I assume you're referring to the memory loss required to fit into the time line?

They got their chance to proof they value the fans. They blew it, as far as I am concerned.

So therefore... bye bye MGM!

BethHG
June 16th, 2018, 09:03 PM
Maybe Disney should take over. Joking, not joking. :S

Falcon Horus
June 17th, 2018, 03:55 AM
Maybe Disney should take over. Joking, not joking. :S

Joking or not, I do get better treatment from Disney than I do from MGM.

* in regards to Star Wars, we even have a special kind of relationship with Disney and Lucasfilm

mooseman
June 18th, 2018, 02:42 PM
t’ll be available for purchase on:

US & Canada- Amazon Prime Video, VUDU, Comcast, FandangoNOW, Redbox, Verizon, and Cineplex.

“Global”- Google Play, iTunes, Microsoft, and PlayStation Store.

Two things, does that mean it’ll be free to Amazon Prime subscribers? And doesn’t Redbox deal in DVD/Bluray?

ETA: nevermind about Redbox, they do have streaming.

Falcon Horus
June 18th, 2018, 02:52 PM
...does that mean it’ll be free to Amazon Prime subscribers?

Nope, see other thread with info about Amazon Prime (https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/93041-Where-can-you-see-it?p=14627310&viewfull=1#post14627310) (US-only).

Falcon Horus
June 18th, 2018, 03:16 PM
“Global”- Google Play, iTunes, Microsoft, and PlayStation Store.

I went and looked it up on the Microsoft Store, and found it.

In Belgium available for 16,99 euro for the HD version, and 13,99 euro for the SD version. Subtitles are English, French and Dutch.

HD = 6,1 GB (1080p) or 3,22 GB (720p)
SD = 1,8 GB

Can be played on Xbox, or Windows 8 and higher.

Time says 1h44 minutes - no rating.

No luck on the Playstation Store.

iTunes

Available for 16,99 euro, in HD and 4K.
However, there's a catch: 4K can only be viewed on Apple TV 4K.

iTunes films can be watched on computer, iPod, iPad or Apple TV.
HDR playback is only available on iPhone 8, iPhone 8 plus, iPhone X, iPad Pro 10.5, iPad Pro 12.9 and Apple TV 4K.

HD = 3,6 Gb (720p) & ?? Gb (1080p)
SD = 1,59 Gb

Subtitles are plenty: English, German, French, Italian, Japanese, Dutch, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish & Turkish

Yup, people expecting to see Origins in 4K are so going to disappointed... cause that's not happening unless you're stocked with an Apple 4K TV.

Interesting article, explaining Apple 4K TV: iTunes 4K Movies Are Only For Apple TV Streaming, Not For Downloading (http://www.ibtimes.com/itunes-4k-movies-are-only-apple-tv-streaming-not-downloading-2593029)

Google play next...

Odd... length is 40 minutes shorter on Google Play than it is on iTunes and the Microsoft Store: 104 minutes.

Costs 16,99 euro

No info on quality.

16,99 euro = 19,74 US dollar

mooseman
June 18th, 2018, 04:40 PM
Nope, see other thread with info about Amazon Prime (https://forum.gateworld.net/threads/93041-Where-can-you-see-it?p=14627310&viewfull=1#post14627310) (US-only).

Yeah, I’ve always differentiated between Amazon pay Vids and their “free” Vids by only calling the free ones “Prime”. I just got myself confused.

Although, I’m sure part of it was hopeful thinking because I can’t use that iTunes code.

Falcon Horus
June 19th, 2018, 12:16 AM
Yeah, I’ve always differentiated between Amazon pay Vids and their “free” Vids by only calling the free ones “Prime”. I just got myself confused.

Although, I’m sure part of it was hopeful thinking because I can’t use that iTunes code.

I'm not familiar with Amazon Prime although a friend of mine has a subscription with Amazon -- thought not entirely sure what she does with it, other than buy a lot of stuff. :p

Platschu
June 19th, 2018, 01:01 AM
I also have got Amazon Prime. Basically it has got a yearly fee and then they can make the home deliveries quicker and or sometimes there are nice add-on items. Theoratically I could watch movies with it as well, so this is the main advantage of Amazon Prime.

Falcon Horus
June 19th, 2018, 04:32 AM
Basically it has got a yearly fee and then they can make the home deliveries quicker and or sometimes there are nice add-on items.

This -- this is what my friend has too.

I knew it had a function, but I couldn't remember what.

mooseman
June 19th, 2018, 07:00 AM
I'm not familiar with Amazon Prime although a friend of mine has a subscription with Amazon -- thought not entirely sure what she does with it, other than buy a lot of stuff. :p

Ah, I see why I got myself confused now. The Video streaming part of Amazon used to be call Amazon Instant Video whose library consisted of paid programs and the “free” Prime-eligible videos. I guess they changed the name to Prime Video at some point. I never used their streaming much.

Anyway, here we are well into the 19th, seeing SGO available on numerous services for $20...and still waiting on the email with the iTunes code...but, Im sure “they’re working on it”.

Falcon Horus
June 19th, 2018, 09:45 AM
Anyway, here we are well into the 19th, seeing SGO available on numerous services for $20...and still waiting on the email with the iTunes code...but, Im sure “they’re working on it”.

It's their motto -- you should know that by now. :p

I'm curious though... about the code.

mooseman
June 19th, 2018, 12:51 PM
You’d figure they would have sent the codes out early, it’s not like we could have redeemed them before the 19th. But, I guess they don’t have to cater to us All Access folks. They already have our money.

Platschu
June 19th, 2018, 02:02 PM
I also haven't received my downloading code as an All-Access member yet. This whole marketing is so amateurish than the movie and the site itself. If they start to sell it on the 19th June, then why could they not prepare themselves to send out the codes in time? Silly move MGM. If you want to handle this franchise seriously, then almost everything must be improved.

Falcon Horus
June 19th, 2018, 02:11 PM
Oh, the irony...

However, there's gonna be people who are going to pay for it and then they get the code, realize they get it for "free" and cue the complaining of having had to pay for it. Notwithstanding, the same people pleading for "support" from the fans. :p

ScifigirlSG
June 19th, 2018, 02:27 PM
Why is the feature clip on itunes? Have the code but can't download. :(

DigiFluid
June 19th, 2018, 03:33 PM
I also haven't received my downloading code as an All-Access member yet. This whole marketing is so amateurish than the movie and the site itself. If they start to sell it on the 19th June, then why could they not prepare themselves to send out the codes in time? Silly move MGM. If you want to handle this franchise seriously, then almost everything must be improved.

I received my email at 5:38 PM Eastern Time today, just under two hours ago.

Darren
June 19th, 2018, 06:39 PM
I suspect they'd rather have All Access subscribers have to wait a few hours rather than send out codes a day early and have them completely unusable when they hit our inboxes.

Elite Anubis Guard
June 19th, 2018, 11:48 PM
Why try to be reasonable, Darren?! Fandom likes to complain. :P Speaking of - I got my code, kinda disappointed it's only iTunes. I hadn't read the fine print enough to see that it wasn't going to be given to us on any other service. Looking forward to giving it a watch to see how it's changed, though.

thedevilman
June 20th, 2018, 12:08 AM
Hey hey. I'm new here but had to join after finding out about Origins. I only just found out. Don't know how I missed that news but I guess I've been unplugged from SG for awhile too long I suppose.

I was super excited at first but the reviews I've read don't sound very promising. But the All-Access might still be worth it for all the other shows and episodes. Do you guys think it's worth it? Is watching it on iTunes with that digital code any better than just watching the single episodes? Thank you! :)

Falcon Horus
June 20th, 2018, 12:37 AM
Why is the feature clip on itunes? Have the code but can't download. :(

Because MGM has a contract with Apple about the distribution of their films, I reckon.

I suspect they'd rather have All Access subscribers have to wait a few hours rather than send out codes a day early and have them completely unusable when they hit our inboxes.

I was under the impression codes don't have a 24h experation date. They're like those gift cards you can buy at the store.

Also, for anyone pondering the idea of giving their codes away (yes, a kind soul on Command offered me theirs). Codes are region locked and can only be redeemed in the region they are meant for.

And if you used a VPN to weasel your way onto Stargate Command, you'll get a code that isn't set to your region, as one of the Frenchies has learned the hard way now.

@Elite Anubis Guard
Well, you have little to complain about, I guess, so I imagine it's quite difficult to walk in lesser fans' shoes.

Elite Anubis Guard
June 20th, 2018, 05:43 AM
I just don't subscribe to this notion of MGM being an evil entity out to specifically alienate fans.

mooseman
June 20th, 2018, 09:13 AM
I don’t think they’re deliberately doing that, I think they just don’t care.

Falcon Horus
June 20th, 2018, 09:56 AM
I don’t think they’re deliberately doing that, I think they just don’t care.

What he said.

Which basically means --> they're loss!

Elite Anubis Guard
June 20th, 2018, 11:03 AM
Why's it so hard to believe they actually faced legality or licensing issues?

Platschu
June 20th, 2018, 12:57 PM
By the way why do they not upload the feature cut to the Stargate : Command? All-Access members have paid for the membership anyway, so we could watch legally and then maybe later download a legal copy as well.

Falcon Horus
June 20th, 2018, 01:38 PM
Why's it so hard to believe they actually faced legality or licensing issues?

Because that holds no water for Stargate Origins, the Dial Home interviews, the behind-the-scenes stuff and the mission files.

photoglyph
June 20th, 2018, 02:38 PM
I nearly jumped on subscribing very early on -then, had a tinge of concern and held back. Glad I did.

Falcon Horus
June 20th, 2018, 03:51 PM
I just skipped my way through the entire feature cut -- good quality and subtitles for when they are speaking Egyptian -- 1080p.

I'm not gonna say where I found it, because that's not allowed here but I'm not sorry.

When the DVD is released -- probably never -- I might buy it but it should have plenty of extras to make it worthwhile. And audio commentaries by the main cast -- and definitely Aylam Orian. He's a good egg.

thedevilman
June 20th, 2018, 06:29 PM
I'm new and my comments were in a review queue so I'm not sure anyone saw them. I'm also curious if the 'feature cut' had anything addition not in the individual episodes? ?

Hey hey. I'm new here but had to join after finding out about Origins. I only just found out. Don't know how I missed that news but I guess I've been unplugged from SG for awhile too long I suppose.

I was super excited at first but the reviews I've read don't sound very promising. But the All-Access might still be worth it for all the other shows and episodes. Do you guys think it's worth it? Is watching it on iTunes with that digital code any better than just watching the single episodes? Thank you! :)

Elite Anubis Guard
June 21st, 2018, 12:00 AM
Because that holds no water for Stargate Origins, the Dial Home interviews, the behind-the-scenes stuff and the mission files.

All of which were a part of All-Access with everything else, not as their own separate bundles. I wish they'd have done one if only so I didn't have to keep reading conspiracy theories.

NickEast
June 21st, 2018, 12:48 AM
All of which were a part of All-Access with everything else, not as their own separate bundles. I wish they'd have done one if only so I didn't have to keep reading conspiracy theories.

The first three "episodes" of Origins were released for free worldwide. Occasionally, they also temporarily put an episode of SG-1 or Atlantis on YouTube and is available worldwide. If there are legal or copyright issues, how can they do that?

The copyrights and trademarks of Stargate are owned entirely by MGM, they can do whatever they want with it. Legal issues, especially with distribution, are possible, mainly because the three original series were made in collaboration with "SyFy" (ugh). As for the movie, either Fox or Lionsgate has international distribution rights (I think it was Fox for the TV shows and Lionsgate for the movie). But Origins is owned entirely by MGM.

It's not hard to put two and two together and MGM hasn't done anything to prove us wrong. I'm definitely not shelling out almost the same price of an All-Access pass just to get Origins. If people enjoy it, fine. But MGM will have to put out all stops to get me to invest. There has been no response from MGM about anything. It's normal that people start wondering what's going on, especially those who had been left out since the beginning.

Elite Anubis Guard
June 21st, 2018, 03:18 AM
For free. That's something else to consider. They're not earning cash from those which would again suggest to me that's restricted by monetary/licensing issues. We don't know the whole truth behind this. I just refuse to jump on board the repetitive and boring bash-train that is about MGM's evil.

DigiFluid
June 21st, 2018, 03:44 AM
The way they’ve run it, I’m not even convinced MGM has been a participant. Yes I know, they own the rights, but the whole process has the feel of it being done by a handful of dedicated fans trying to prove to an uninterested MGM that it’s worth investing in.

Falcon Horus
June 21st, 2018, 04:59 AM
I just refuse to jump on board the repetitive and boring bash-train that is about MGM's evil.

Problem of cours, I for one, never implied MGM is evil. I'm just calling out their business model.

You made it all about conspiricies and evil-doing. I'm amused though that's what you think is the problem.

Dude, if they had come out in the beginning and said, we can't distribute this around the globe because we have license/broadcast contracts in place that prevent such a thing. I would have moved on.
I would still have put a whole lot of people on ignore for spoiling the shiznit out of Origins but I would have left it alone.

Instead they decided to give us the "We're working on it line..." and "...keep your eyes on the feed cause we're working on it."

If there's one thing I hate more than anything else, it's dishonesty and it's pretty damning to their reputation.

NickEast
June 21st, 2018, 07:45 AM
For free. That's something else to consider. They're not earning cash from those which would again suggest to me that's restricted by monetary/licensing issues. We don't know the whole truth behind this. I just refuse to jump on board the repetitive and boring bash-train that is about MGM's evil.

For free, for beans, for coffee, for beer, or for money, it doesn't matter. If distribution rights or whatever prevents them from giving us All-Access, then they also aren't allowed to do it for free.

I also don't think MGM is evil, just stupid and ignorant. Like Falcon Horus said, we keep hearing "we're working on it", or "keep an eye on the feed", or worse, complete silence. If we kindly ask what the problem is, again the same responses. Is that good? Is that normal? Should that convince me to invest in this?

Falcon Horus
June 21st, 2018, 08:21 AM
I also don't think MGM is evil, just stupid and ignorant. Like Falcon Horus said, we keep hearing "we're working on it", or "keep an eye on the feed", or worse, complete silence. If we kindly ask what the problem is, again the same responses. Is that good? Is that normal? Should that convince me to invest in this?

Nope, cause customer service leaves much to be desired. :p

thedevilman
June 22nd, 2018, 02:02 AM
MGM normally seems pretty anti-iTunes when it comes to most of their other digital code distribution. For example, they have supported UltraViolet via Vudu UV codes but not iTunes or MoviesAnywhere. So it's odd that the digital code for this one is iTunes only.

Falcon Horus
June 24th, 2018, 04:39 AM
MGM normally seems pretty anti-iTunes when it comes to most of their other digital code distribution. For example, they have supported UltraViolet via Vudu UV codes but not iTunes or MoviesAnywhere. So it's odd that the digital code for this one is iTunes only.

That's a strange thing to say especially since they have a contract with Apple iTunes since approx. 2007 about the distribution of their movie catalogue.

thedevilman
June 25th, 2018, 09:18 PM
That's a strange thing to say especially since they have a contract with Apple iTunes since approx. 2007 about the distribution of their movie catalogue.

That may be the case but pretty much all their movies can be found at all the other big streaming services as well. But what I'm really referring to is that their digital 'codes' are almost exclusively for UV and/or Vudu only. I've been tracking digital codes very closely for years.

The only iTunes digital codes that I'm aware of are these...
Fame
Hot Tub Time Machine
The Pink Panther 2
Stargate Origins: Catherine (Feature Cut)

And here are all the digital codes that have existed for Vudu and/or UV over the years...
007 x24 (All James Bond movies.)
Bull Durham
Carrie (Remake)
Chitty Chitty Bang Bang
Dances with Wolves
Death Wish (Remake)
The Delta Force
The Great Escape
Guns of the Magnificent Seven
Fistful of Dollars
For a Few Dollars More
The Good, The Bad and the Ugly
Hang 'Em High
Hercules (2014)
Hoosiers
Hot Pursuit
If I Stay
It's a Mad Mad Mad Mad World
Jeepers Creepers
Jeepers Creepers 2
Killer Klowns From Outer Space
Mad Max
The Magnificent Seven
The Magnificent Seven (Remake)
The Magnificent Seven Ride!
Misery
Platoon
The Princess Bride
Raging Bull
Red Dawn
Red Dawn (Remake)
Return of the Magnificent Seven
Road House
Rob Roy
Robocop
Robocop 2
Robocop 3
Rocky
The Silence of the Lambs
Spaceballs
The Terminator
Tomb Raider (2018)
The Usual Suspects
WarGames
West Side Story

Their codes are almost always managed by Fox, though. A couple managed by WB and a couple by Paramount. I'm sure that has a some to do with it but it's still strange.

Falcon Horus
June 26th, 2018, 12:26 AM
Their codes are almost always managed by Fox, though. A couple managed by WB and a couple by Paramount. I'm sure that has a some to do with it but it's still strange.

Ah... you put it like that, I see what you mean.

Sidenote: looks like Daniel, Shvan, Philippe and Aylam are having a good time in my twitter comments... :p

Platschu
June 26th, 2018, 08:18 AM
There is still no sign of email about the dowloading code... Meh... :rolleyes:

SteeveB
June 26th, 2018, 09:07 AM
I'm new and my comments were in a review queue so I'm not sure anyone saw them. I'm also curious if the 'feature cut' had anything addition not in the individual episodes? ?
A new pre-title opening scene reminiscent of the Ra mask opener in some SG-1 seasons, and... that's it. Some effects were fixed, one scene had effects added - but by that I mean they fixed errors in their process / painted out a red ball of fluff on a floor / fixed a cropping issue / moved lens flares around / added a missing (anyone noticed? probably not) lens flare. At the same time, the puddle passages are still the same, the wand of horus is still missing a glow effect in one key shot, etc. Meanwhile, some scenes were removed (some of which warranted) or cut short (why?)

There's a thorough visual changes break-down over on Reddit. Basically if you've seen the web episodes, you can practically give the feature cut a pass except to have a version without all the spin transitions... and that new pre-title is nice, just doesn't really add much. The 5.1 audio is nice, though. It's not particularly 'surround' sound, but it does separate voices from music (extracting front left / front right almost gives you OST-quality material) and most sound effects well. The 4K is... well not all shots are super sharp and, given the material, most of it doesn't warrant 4K anyway. But it's there, so that's nice?

Platschu
June 26th, 2018, 10:06 AM
SteeveB: Thanks for the comment.

Have they changed the moons on Abydos? It was our Moon 3 times on the screen. This is not just simply lazy, but tastelessness as well.

Have they fixed the sound effects of the gate? I mean the sound effects of the locking chevron, the opening of the kawoosh or the entering of the wormhole? I believe these ones were essentials. I don't care that much about how the gate is painted, but don't tell me that they were not able or they were not willing to search for the right sounds effects in the archieve. There were pretty bad CGI gates and projecte wormholes in all three SG shows, but the sound effects of the stargate must have been the core part of this franchise. Imho.

Falcon Horus
June 26th, 2018, 11:10 AM
There is still no sign of email about the dowloading code... Meh... :rolleyes:

Might want to contact support.

A new pre-title opening scene reminiscent of the Ra mask opener in some SG-1 seasons...

The one I was sick and tired seeing every single episode, for 5 straight seasons. And my DVD's also have that opening from season 3 onwards, so I'll be glad when I'm through season 5 and the title sequence changes again. :p

Have they changed the moons on Abydos? It was our Moon 3 times on the screen. This is not just simply lazy, but tastelessness as well.

Nope, it's still our little moon, mirrored and rotated.
But the worst part of that view is that it almost looks like a René Magritte painting. There's no life in it, no depth. It literally looks like wallpaper or a wallposter, like they didn't bother with a green screen but just put the wallposter behind the opening and filmed that -- lighting wrong, coloring wrong. Along with the horrible 3D shot of Ra's ship, it's the two things that made me cringe and facepalm.

Have they fixed the sound effects of the gate? I mean the sound effects of the locking chevron, the opening of the kawoosh or the entering of the wormhole? I believe these ones were essentials. I don't care that much about how the gate is painted, but don't tell me that they were not able or they were not willing to search for the right sounds effects in the archieve. There were pretty bad CGI gates and projecte wormholes in all three SG shows, but the sound effects of the stargate must have been the core part of this franchise. Imho.

I imagine you are referring to the clicking of the chevrons cause that's the sound effect I heard.

Platschu
June 26th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Yes, I am talking about the usual soundeffects:
- spinning the inner ring
- locking a chevron
- the lighting of a chevron
- the opening of the kawoosh
- entering into the wormhole
- leaving the wormhole
- desintegration of the wormhole
They must have these sound effects in the possesion of MGM and they should have used them. Because I don't mind that they wanted a connection between the movie and the SG-1, so it was cool to see the merging into the wormhole part, but then they ruin the illusions with the avoiding of the regular little noises and effects.

They have even used the original DHD from SG-1 and you can easily how well it was made as a prop. The colour, the little details, basically everything is much better.

jamesgilfoyle
June 26th, 2018, 12:44 PM
Really pleased that Stargate is back - its only going to get bigger and better.

I think this is an interesting take on Catherine's Origins story and a neat enough bridge between the movie and the SG1 series. There some minor continuity issues to begin with but they are largely resolved with a nice twist that explains some bits in episode one of SG1.

That said, this movie is overall disappointing given the standard we have come to expect from Stargate. For the budget - this is good I guess. But should have been so much better!

Like the fact that they have added "Catherine" to the title... hopefully an indication of a continued investment... from the outburst of both support and critique - they must know that its needs to be much better next time!

Falcon Horus
June 26th, 2018, 01:27 PM
They have even used the original DHD from SG-1 and you can easily how well it was made as a prop. The colour, the little details, basically everything is much better.

That DHD might look the same, but the the middle button looks way too artificial. There's no aging done which there should be. It looks brand spanking new, like it's never been used before.

Really pleased that Stargate is back - its only going to get bigger and better.

Why would it be bigger and better. Considering you're showing MGM you're just fine with this low-budget thing by collectively paying for it. They don't need to go bigger and better. They're cashing in just fine.

There some minor continuity issues to begin with but they are largely resolved with a nice twist that explains some bits in episode one of SG1.

I wouldn't call Isis/Aset's involvement a minor continuity issue... Just saying. :rolleyes:
She's established at the bottom of the Atlantic, with the rest of the artifacts from the Stewart Expedition.

Impossible to be on Abydos and Earth at the same time.

That said, this movie is overall disappointing given the standard we have come to expect from Stargate. For the budget - this is good I guess. But should have been so much better!

If I were a new person watching this, I would avoid any and all stargate like the plague. This is the new billboard for stargate. For any one not having seen any of the previous installments, they'll probably run the other way for thinking that if such is the standard -- no way.

NickEast
June 26th, 2018, 02:00 PM
The answer to our Moon being used three times is simple: it's because the movie had it as well. This is one of the (very) few things I liked. Sure it's ridiculous and not realistic at all, but I would've done the same, just because it would be a nod to the original film.

After seeing the third kawoosh (when they return from Abydos) I finally noticed it's just a cut-and-paste from the movie. It's literally the same effect (kudos to their cutting skill, it's seamless, except for the perspective angle). Yet the "strudel" (whirlpool) effect behind the gate is just a cheap effect though.

Sound effects are terrible. Even I have almost all of the original sound effects on my PC, so why couldn't they use them? The sounds of the chevrons, activation, shutdown, and the event horizon loop are the same from the movie. The sound of the ring spinning is just awful, like a ticking clock.

The DHD just makes the gate look even worse. I do think it's the original DHD, since it looks very close to the original and not as cheap as everything else.

As for Ra's ship, again I think it's a cut-and-paste from the movie. Especially the shot with the ship in orbit and firing on the temple; it's the same shot in the movie just before the bomb is transported aboard. Even the "weapon" is just the transporter beam in reverse.

Falcon Horus
June 26th, 2018, 04:20 PM
As for Ra's ship, again I think it's a cut-and-paste from the movie. Especially the shot with the ship in orbit and firing on the temple; it's the same shot in the movie just before the bomb is transported aboard. Even the "weapon" is just the transporter beam in reverse.

I don't remember the 3D on that shot to be that cheap.
Movie-ship vs Origins-ship

But I shall have to do a comparison over the weekend.

On second thought -- here you go (http://scifiadventures.blogspot.com/2017/04/stargate-directors-cut.html), the shot in the movie is far better than the ones in Origins.

And for anyone still having doubts as to where this fits in, it's definitely 1994 canon and not series canon cause in that same link above, there's a gif with a ringtransporter -- Origins' is an exact copy.

thedevilman
June 26th, 2018, 11:01 PM
I have been hearing a lot about the cheap feel of this. Do you think they're just testing the waters with this for something bigger down the road? Or do you think this is just a low-end money grab to get the last few pennies they can from it?

I was sooo excited to see this and I still have yet to (still searching for someone with an extra code to trade) but I was really hoping for better than I'm hearing. Maybe my now low expectations are a good thing. Maybe it'll be better than I'm now imagining it to be. Ha

Falcon Horus
June 27th, 2018, 12:54 AM
I have been hearing a lot about the cheap feel of this. Do you think they're just testing the waters with this for something bigger down the road? Or do you think this is just a low-end money grab to get the last few pennies they can from it?

Testing the waters -- they made a website "for the fans" where they block all content of meaning for everyone except 6 countries. They blocked access to Stargate Origins (don't say license issues because there's no third party to pay here when it's on their own service) -- and continue to block access to the Dial Home interviews (which I absolutely hate, especially when they post on twitter about it -- "Come see our interview with..." -- sorry, nope, not you... you're not the fan we're looking for). The mission files which accompany Origins are blocked content (I got access because someone was kind enough to copy them for me in a private message). Behind-the-scenes videos and interviews -- blocked content.

They expect every non-6-country person to pay the equivalent of 20 dollars for a digital download. I can buy season 4 or 5 of Atlantis on DVD for that kind of money, or season 1 or 2 of SGU, or 4x Ark of Truth/Continuum.

Considering how silent they've been since a year ago... MGM -- this is just a money grab.

I was sooo excited to see this and I still have yet to (still searching for someone with an extra code to trade) but I was really hoping for better than I'm hearing. Maybe my now low expectations are a good thing. Maybe it'll be better than I'm now imagining it to be. Ha

Why an extra code? Dude, if you don't want to pay for it -- download it from ... you-know-where -- available in 1080p and 720p. I mean, trading with an all-access members is not paying MGM's price on iTunes. You're just paying someone their 20 dollar back for their premium pass (and the code doesn't work outside the 6 countries, just a reminder).

Keep your expectations as low as possible, and you'll see you could like it.

I did, and it worked. Seen it twice now. :p
Okay, I admit, I'm in love with Ellie Gall's Catherine Langford... :p

NickEast
June 27th, 2018, 12:54 AM
I don't remember the 3D on that shot to be that cheap.
Movie-ship vs Origins-ship

But I shall have to do a comparison over the weekend.

On second thought -- here you go (http://scifiadventures.blogspot.com/2017/04/stargate-directors-cut.html), the shot in the movie is far better than the ones in Origins.

And for anyone still having doubts as to where this fits in, it's definitely 1994 canon and not series canon cause in that same link above, there's a gif with a ringtransporter -- Origins' is an exact copy.

It's not a 3D shot but a scale model. It doesn't look cheap, just dated. The movie also looks better because the whole movie looks like that. Typically cutting and pasting a portion of footage from an old movie that has been remastered to HD into a modern movie that has been shot and edited in HD usually degrades the image.

And yes, the ring transporter has 10 rings like in the movie, instead of five in SG-1 (also because one of the shots of the rings is also cut-and-paste from the movie).

EDIT: I might do a VFX comparison between both movies (maybe later today) to see what has been reused/copied from the movie.

Falcon Horus
June 27th, 2018, 01:00 AM
It's not a 3D shot but a scale model. It doesn't look cheap, just dated. The movie also looks better because the whole movie looks like that. Typically cutting and pasting a portion of footage from an old movie that has been remastered to HD into a modern movie that has been shot and edited in HD usually degrades the image.

And yes, the ring transporter has 10 rings like in the movie, instead of five in SG-1 (also because one of the shots of the rings is also cut-and-paste from the movie).

Damn... I need to pay better attention. :p

Thanks for the info though.

thedevilman
June 27th, 2018, 01:04 AM
Testing the waters -- they made a website "for the fans" where they block all content of meaning for everyone except 6 countries. They blocked access to Stargate Origins (don't say license issues because there's no third party to pay here when it's on their own service) -- and continue to block access to the Dial Home interviews (which I absolutely hate, especially when they post on twitter about it -- "Come see our interview with..." -- sorry, nope, not you... you're not the fan we're looking for). The mission files which accompany Origins are blocked content (I got access because someone was kind enough to copy them for me in a private message). Behind-the-scenes videos and interviews -- blocked content.

They expect every non-6-country person to pay the equivalent of 20 dollars for a digital download. I can buy season 4 or 5 of Atlantis on DVD for that kind of money, or season 1 or 2 of SGU, or 4x Ark of Truth/Continuum.

Considering how silent they've been since a year ago... MGM -- this is just a money grab.Yeah, that is what I was afraid of and what is becoming more and more clear as I learn more. What a punch to the face.

Why an extra code? Dude, if you don't want to pay for it -- download it from ... you-know-where -- available in 1080p and 720p. I mean, trading with an all-access members is not paying MGM's price on iTunes. You're just paying someone their 20 dollar back for their premium pass (and the code doesn't work outside the 6 countries, just a reminder).

Keep your expectations as low as possible, and you'll see you could like it.

Mostly just because it's easier for us to watch through iTunes. That and I have LOTS of other really good digital codes to trade that didn't cost me anything. ;)

thedevilman
June 27th, 2018, 01:09 AM
Yeah, she's not hard to look at at all!

Falcon Horus
June 27th, 2018, 02:08 AM
Mostly just because it's easier for us to watch through iTunes. That and I have LOTS of other really good digital codes to trade that didn't cost me anything. ;)

Ah, in that case... I hope you find someone. :)

Platschu
June 27th, 2018, 12:57 PM
Please do the movie vs. Origins comparsion. Even I could recognize Ra's ship... It is so disappointing that even the special effects were "borrowed" from the Stargate movie. What a shame.

As far as I know the DHD was really a prop from SG-1. I believe they mentioned in one of the shooting extras. I can't admire the details. I have already loved the art work in the SG-1's gate as well. When I could discover such little marks, curves, shapes as part of the texture what I haven't seen before. Well done whoever planned and created those props.

Chaka-Z0
June 27th, 2018, 01:19 PM
This whole marketing is so amateurish than the movie and the site itself.
This. I received a survey by email, addressed to the "top 100 fans" which is obvious bs, on survey monkey. Really?

Also I think the marketing folks must be actual monkeys, for the questions in their survey had absolutely no statistical value / pertinence.

Falcon Horus
June 27th, 2018, 02:15 PM
Please do the movie vs. Origins comparsion.

I'm game for that. :)

It'll have to wait for the weekend though, because tomorrow Belgium's playing England in the World Cup.

As far as I know the DHD was really a prop from SG-1. I believe they mentioned in one of the shooting extras.

It really should have had more weathering.
And the extras are, once again, all-access only. These are not available for free.

This. I received a survey by email, addressed to the "top 100 fans" which is obvious bs, on survey monkey. Really?

A total BS survey indeed since every single one of us got it. And with questions like "Why didn't you get a premium pass?", the rage was real and the answer reflected that.

Falcon Horus
June 28th, 2018, 12:08 AM
Any British, German, Canadian, Australian or New-Zealand premium members who can confirm or deny this?

According to someone on twitter, the international iTunes code for the "free" copy of Stargate Origins: Catherine is only a rental code for a "view once" option? While the US code is for a download.

Stargate Command is looking into it, and it's the first thing I've heard.
If it were true, that would literally be the icing on the already frakked up cake. But I seriously hope not -- that it would be true, I mean.

SteeveB
June 28th, 2018, 03:09 AM
According to someone on twitter, the international iTunes code for the "free" copy of Stargate Origins: Catherine is only a rental code for a "view once" option? While the US code is for a download.

I don't know if it's actually the case - I haven't seen anybody say it was, and I'd think they'd be vocal about it - but that is certainly how it was worded in the e-mail. Here's the disclaimer from the e-mail for US and Canada, with parts that are the same left normal text color.

Code expires on 06/19/2019 19/06/2019 23:59:59 PST and is redeemable only on the iTunes Store for United States Canada. Requires an iTunes account, subject to prior acceptance of license and usage terms. Compatible software and hardware, and internet access (fees may apply) required. Not for resale. Rentals must be fully downloaded within 30 days of code redemption, and viewed within 30 days of download; once started, you must complete viewing within 48 hours. Full terms and Apple’s Privacy Policy apply; see https://www.apple.com/legal/internet-services/itunes/usca/terms.html and https://www.apple.com/legal/privacy/en-ww/. For more information, see https://support.apple.com/en-ca/itunes. This video is provided to you by MGM.

Much the same applies Australia, UK, and New Zealand ones (plain English), and I can confirm that the German one also reads the same - not fluent in Spanish and French, but the numbers '30' and '48' sure appear in those, too.

Falcon Horus
June 28th, 2018, 02:00 PM
Rentals must be fully downloaded within 30 days of code redemption, and viewed within 30 days of download; once started, you must complete viewing within 48 hours.

If you ask me, that's pretty straight forward. :S

And with regard to protests -- they probably didn't read the fine print. Considering how many neglected to read the TOS, PP and FAQ at the Command site before buying premium, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't give this one another look either and just went "Yes, FREE copy.".

Platschu
June 28th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Well... I bought premium really lately as I had some technical difficulties. I really believed that a new SG spinoff will come as the hype was building up in February and March. I have been a loyal fan in the last 20+ years, so I hoped and I still stope that a new SG show or tv movie will come in 2019-2020. I really wanted to express my support on this way in the future SG projects in spite of I knew that Origins will be a disaster after the first 3 episodes. Just I was thinking it costs only a price of two pizzas or a posh restaurant meal, while they don't give any chance for other foreign SG fans even to pay for it legally, so I decided I will pay this little contribution to the potential future of this scifi franchise. I haven't regretted it, but as I said numerous time before, I am not happy how they handled the other 190 countries, how poor is the quality of Origins and how simple is the SG:C website. We are in the XXI. century, so we deserve better treatment for our money. Imho.

Falcon Horus
June 28th, 2018, 02:44 PM
@Platschu

Showtime has just ordered a 10-episode season of a live action Halo series. I'm excited about that.
That's what's coming in 2019.

Stargate Command is a joke, which they have been since the beginning.

Stargate Origins isn't bad quality. I went in with the lowest of expectations, none actually, and I have now seen it twice (once before reading the Mission Files and once after), and I've been having an incredibly funny back and forth with Daniel Rashid, Aylam Orian, Philippe Alexander and Shvan on twitter -- even Ellie Gall has come and done some liking.

Bloody hell, it's the most interaction I've ever had with stargate related actors on that media platform.

Those guys literally brightened my day last week with their Ancient Egyptian antics. Hence why we need a full DVD/BluRay release with a lot of extras and audio commentaries cause they would be brilliant.

Platschu
June 28th, 2018, 03:23 PM
I have just opened a topic for the Halo. :)

I am not on Twitter. It is nice that they responded. It is not their fault that the fans expectations were much higher after so many years. Origins felt like a not so carefully chosen starter at the restaurant, but we are still waiting for the new main meal.

Falcon Horus
June 29th, 2018, 04:09 AM
Origins felt like a not so carefully chosen starter at the restaurant, but we are still waiting for the new main meal.

Actually, it feels like the meal you ordered but with everything you're allergic to removed and not replaced so a dry fish and rice it is -- without the sauce.:p

Platschu
June 29th, 2018, 09:58 PM
Well. While "... the meal was cooked long time ago." :D So they also offered takeaway, but they have delivered only the bill and the address where we can collect it. :rolleyes: Next to the candle shop. :eek:

Falcon Horus
June 30th, 2018, 02:32 AM
We have come full circle. :D

mooseman
June 30th, 2018, 11:08 AM
Whoa.

Falcon Horus
June 30th, 2018, 02:28 PM
Whoa.

Whoa?

Platschu
June 30th, 2018, 02:54 PM
The food came back.... :lol:

mooseman
June 30th, 2018, 04:32 PM
Whoa?

This is deep...

Falcon Horus
July 1st, 2018, 04:33 PM
Nope, not in the mood.

Platschu
July 2nd, 2018, 02:17 AM
Shall we ask the mods to change the name of the topic? Stargate : Origins - Catherine (feature cut) or something like that. ;)

By the way... There is till no sign of download code or anything. I believe I have to use some "alternate resources" even if I tried to use the legal way. I am sligthly masochistic that I want to watch it again even if I know it will piss me off.

Falcon Horus
July 2nd, 2018, 03:43 PM
Shall we ask the mods to change the name of the topic? Stargate : Origins - Catherine (feature cut) or something like that. ;)

I suggest you leave it until after SDCC (when everyone comes out none the wiser, and another carrot dangling in front of people's noses or nothing of the sort).

By the way... There is till no sign of download code or anything. I believe I have to use some "alternate resources" even if I tried to use the legal way. I am sligthly masochistic that I want to watch it again even if I know it will piss me off.

You may want to contact support -- and else, I can hook you up if you like.

Bagpuss
July 3rd, 2018, 02:06 AM
Mod hat on...and this is a general notice.

Although it isn't specified in the forum FAQ (yet) ,the itunes code for the special feature cut or uploaded links to the feature isn't something Darren wants offered,asked for,or posted directly on the threads,group messages or Visitor message walls.

That applies whether or not any of you (the generalised form of "you") already paid for the webisodes and should've recieved the code from the SGC site.
Contact their official Support people as a first step if you're unable to get the content you paid for,and/or tweet to their Twitter accounts.Could be an ISP issue or other region blocking going on,like GDPR?

If anyone still wants to know the code or ANY other alternate means link to streams, etc ,then use Private Message or better still,use private E-mail.(See FAQ)
GW doesn't have any interest in or say in what you talk about or do off-Forum.Private means private.
We aren't classifying code trades/gifts of the feature code as "illegal" unless we hear differently from MGM/SGC : eg,if they tell Darren it's a violation of their Terms of Service.

If anyone wants to debate that policy guide ,feel free to e-mail Darren directly at the webmaster-at-gateworld-dot-net address.:)

*Mod hat off*

Skydiver
July 3rd, 2018, 03:04 AM
Adding a ditto to Baggie’s excellent post.

If you are a subscriber to Origins but couldn’t care a fig about that special content....DO NOT post any links or codes here.

THat said, just as she said, what happens in private happens in private.

And you may wish to read over the TOS for your Origins site to know just what rules and regs you agreed to, then acknowledge that you are responsible for the decisions you make.

Skydiver
July 3rd, 2018, 11:49 AM
FUrther clarification from the boss

You want to ask for codes here
You want to offer codes here

fine.

DO NOT POST CODES HERE.
DO NOT ASK FOR MONEY FOR YOUR CODES

If MGM says otherwise then we’ll adjust.

So if Ed wants to come here and ask for a code, Mary can PM him a code, end of story as long as Mary is not selling her code.

If Mary has a code and doesn’t want it, Mary can post ‘anyone want a code’ and then PM that code to that person....as long as she is not selling the code.

Baggie and I were operating under what we thought the boss said, but he clarified the situation.

Platschu
July 3rd, 2018, 10:29 PM
Thank you, guys. I haven't imagined such things could happen on this forum. I am truly and hopelessly naive. :confused:

I am an All-Access member, but I haven't received my email from SG:C to download it. I am using a Samsung mobile anyway, so maybe I wouldn't be able to do it from the iPhone store. I was talking about that delay.... I will contact the customer service, just it is disappointing how SG:C is organised.

Falcon Horus
July 4th, 2018, 04:44 AM
@Platschu -- they really reccommend contact stargate command support. There are others on their forum who have not received their code. Mostly those who only recently became members.

@ Mods

For the record it should be noted, and I shall point it out in red and bold:

THE ITUNES CODES ARE FOR ALL-ACCESS MEMBERS TO GET A "FREE" COPY OF THE FEATURE CUT. THEY ARE REGION SPECIFIC AND CAN NOT BE USED OUTSIDE OF THE 6 REGIONS ELLIGIBLE FOR ALL-ACCESS

Exchanges of the code have already happened on the Stargate Command forum, and they are indeed also offered for cash so if you live outside of the 6 regions, know that it won't work on your iTunes.

I read the iTunes Terms of Services to specifically check this. And an all-access member who bought his premium account during a glitch of the system walked straight into the iTunes region-lock wall.

The Terms of Service and Privacy Policy of Stargate Command do not make mentions of exchanging codes. However, region-locks apply so if you're not part of the 6 country circle, you either pay for it or well... that which is not allowed to be mentioned.

The GDPR, by the way, doesn't influence the use of the code. It's only about privacy rules.

Platschu
July 9th, 2018, 11:29 AM
I have read a few IMDB reviewe about SG:O-C :
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7161862/reviews?ref_=tt_urv
The reactions are really-really divided, but the 4 out of 10 points says everything after 3400+ votes.

Falcon Horus
July 9th, 2018, 03:26 PM
Reviews vary between "you like it" or "you don't like it" but rarely somewhere in the middle.

I had no expectations going in, and that worked wonders cause I thought it was OK. I've seen it twice now -- maybe a third time in the coming weeks (on the train to the UK perhaps).

Platschu
July 11th, 2018, 10:43 PM
Just a little Origins epilogue fan fiction:

Serket was a Scorpion Goddess in mythology, so we can assume that she formed a group of Goa'uld alliance, the Linvris against the Systemlords who attacked her beloved Ra's domains after his death. Unfortunately her new partners committed some crime on other planets, so Machello managed to kill all of them at a gathering. So even if we were not aware of it, her crimes in Origins was revenged by this weaponmaster.
http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Linvris
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serket

Falcon Horus
July 12th, 2018, 05:19 AM
What crimes did Serket commit in Origins?

Chaka-Z0
July 12th, 2018, 08:10 AM
Well she betrayed her master, but not sure if that should be considered as a crime since Aset went rogue.

Falcon Horus
July 12th, 2018, 11:31 AM
Well she betrayed her master, but not sure if that should be considered as a crime since Aset went rogue.

It's my understanding she was working for Ra and was just keeping an eye on Aset. The latter betrayed Ra and Serket reported as such.

Chaka-Z0
July 12th, 2018, 11:59 AM
It's my understanding she was working for Ra and was just keeping an eye on Aset. The latter betrayed Ra and Serket reported as such.

Well I only watched SGO once, so my memories might be a bit fuzzy.

If I remember right, the mission reports mentions that Aset was pretty much an ''outlaw'' to the eyes of the System Lords. Instead of slavery, she gave them love, instead of pain and suffering, she bestowed her minions with gifts. Ultimately, they both report to Ra but he was elsewise occupied with matters of greater importance (fighting battles left and right trying to stop the tide of the rebellious System Lords).

Serket was not in agreement with her ways but the Harcesis child was just too much: it's what made her nark Aset to Ra. Also the fact that she had dealing with humans, which disgusted her. Being a Goa'uld, Serket is no fool. She knew that she could rise higher by being on Ra's good side.

Did I get this right?

Platschu
July 12th, 2018, 12:40 PM
Well... The Linvris Goa'ulds were 9 individuals that is the reason the symbol is 3 triangle with a scorpion. Maybe they plotted against Ra or the other Systemlords. Probably they also hurt Machello's planet, so that was the reason he devloped weapons against them. Anyway... Serket had 50 years to betray Ra (until the movie), so Beal was revenged by Machello. I know it is not so exciting and not important at all, but it would cause a little satisfaction as I imagined this little epilogue. :P

Her yelloy eyes could have been explained that her host was an Enkaran (from Scorched Earth), but this is not a fan fiction topic... Just I wanted to extend the story.
http://stargate.wikia.com/wiki/Enkaran

The cloning of Isis was a disgrace as it was against the canon and not logical at all. Then what if we have more Ra as well? The writers should not have given the cloning technology to the Goa'uld as it was always as an Asgard technology until Thor was captured. And this info was also behind an All-Access episode summary...

Falcon Horus
July 12th, 2018, 01:38 PM
If I remember right, the mission reports mentions that Aset was pretty much an ''outlaw'' to the eyes of the System Lords.

I should remind you that those Mission Files are all-access only and therefore not available to the common public. ;)
I watched Origins without knowing any of that information.

(but were made public to me by a kind stargate soul -- so yes, I do remember that bit, from the files)

Platschu
July 12th, 2018, 02:04 PM
Hopefully they won't do such things in the future. It felt like 50% of the script is on screen then the other 50% off screen in mission files. Storytelling should never work like that...

Falcon Horus
July 12th, 2018, 02:17 PM
Hopefully they won't do such things in the future. It felt like 50% of the script is on screen then the other 50% off screen in mission files. Storytelling should never work like that...

They will do so again and again, and again.

If the business model works, why change it?

This is literally a case of Catch-22.

Chaka-Z0
July 13th, 2018, 10:17 AM
The cloning of Isis was a disgrace as it was against the canon and not logical at all. Then what if we have more Ra as well?

This. I had some discussions with folks back then on the SGC app. My theory is that the writers thought using Isis as a name would be a bad call... you know because of terrorists and stuff. I agree completely with you that it makes no sense she had access to such technology... unless...

If I recall the mission files right, there's a mention of Ra inhabiting a different kind of host, they even hinted it was Asgard... Connection? Can you picture this? Goasgard? Asgar'uld?

I should remind you that those Mission Files are all-access only and therefore not available to the common public. ;)
I watched Origins without knowing any of that information.

(but were made public to me by a kind stargate soul -- so yes, I do remember that bit, from the files)

Crap that's true. It's kind of stupid that 90% of the backstory is explained in mission files isn't it?

BethHG
July 13th, 2018, 11:14 AM
The more I read about Origins, the more I don't want to watch it. I really don't want to have read a backstory in order to watch a movie.

AleksisMi
July 13th, 2018, 05:55 PM
mahybe that backstory should also be a episode... since its a TV SHOW... SHOOOOOOWWWW>>>> TV>>>>>

Falcon Horus
July 14th, 2018, 02:24 AM
If I recall the mission files right, there's a mention of Ra inhabiting a different kind of host, they even hinted it was Asgard... Connection? Can you picture this? Goasgard? Asgar'uld?

A Go'gard? :p

The more I read about Origins, the more I don't want to watch it. I really don't want to have read a backstory in order to watch a movie.

I went in with the lowest of expectations -- actually none and was more or less surprised that I kinda liked it. Not much but I liked it enough to not hate it.

mahybe that backstory should also be a episode... since its a TV SHOW... SHOOOOOOWWWW>>>> TV>>>>>

It's not so much a backstory than it is explanations of things they decided not to show in the feature cut. They are like missing scenes. If they had spend more time on the whole concept, it could have easily be made into a miniseries -- 4 episodes of 50 minutes perhaps.

DigiFluid
July 18th, 2018, 11:41 AM
Origins is now available on Google Play, just received the email with a code.

Falcon Horus
July 18th, 2018, 01:42 PM

And we need to care about this why?

A 2-for-1 deal for a lot of people... :p

DigiFluid
July 18th, 2018, 03:13 PM
Some people are more interested in new information than whining.

Falcon Horus
July 18th, 2018, 03:58 PM
Some people are more interested in new information than whining.

And some people really give a flying fig about ... well, actually ... it doesn't matter where that fig flies, because in the end everyone looses anyway.

Elite Anubis Guard
July 19th, 2018, 03:53 AM

I got my code last night too! Really really happy about this as I just didn't fancy downloading iTunes. I've downloaded and looking forward to giving it a watch.

Falcon Horus
July 19th, 2018, 04:09 AM
For the record, much like the iTunes codes, these too are geolocked, if anyone was thinking of giving theirs away or selling it.

Chaka-Z0
July 19th, 2018, 05:03 AM
Received mine too, I noticed the title is ''Stargate Origins: Catherine''

Is that a hint that there's more SGO to come?

DigiFluid
July 19th, 2018, 06:00 AM
That’s the title of the feature cut version, yeah (was first ‘announced’ with the Apple codes).

I suppose it’s possible, but we’ve no way of knowing right now.

Falcon Horus
July 19th, 2018, 02:13 PM
Received mine too, I noticed the title is ''Stargate Origins: Catherine''

Is that a hint that there's more SGO to come?

Nope, nothing of the sorts was even hinted at at SDCC.

Chaka-Z0
July 20th, 2018, 10:02 PM
Nope, nothing of the sorts was even hinted at at SDCC.
Well that's not good news.

I can't believe they don't have any contingency plan. One does not simply poke a sleeping giant and get away unscathed.

Falcon Horus
July 22nd, 2018, 06:01 AM
I can't believe they don't have any contingency plan. One does not simply poke a sleeping giant and get away unscathed.

#Stargate or #StargateOrigins wasn't even trending, unlike a lot of other shows and panels and whatnot. I'd say MGM forgot where it put its poker to actually wake the sleeping giant.

Falcon Horus
July 23rd, 2018, 03:31 AM
I just realized something... MGM isn't the production company behind Stargate Origins: Catherine.

I was wondering about something when I saw that Legion M organized the meet-up and the screening, and I went back and looked at the production company on IMDb and MGM is the distributor along with its subsidiary United Artists, but they aren't the one producing the whole thing -- i.e. giving the money.

The production company is Vanishing Angle (https://www.vanishingangle.com/about-us-news), en Mercedes Bryce Morgan is actually listed as both Director and Executive Producer.

Definition of an Executive Producer for reference:
The executive producer is like the CEO of the project. She hires the key leaders and talent – including directors, stars and producers – and supervises them. The executive producer often finances the project, either funding it herself or finding investors to raise the capital needed for production. A company can serve in the executive producer capacity and have one of its employees working as the executive producer. An executive producer may manage several projects at once and not go to the set at all, delegating tasks to those below her.

Platschu
July 31st, 2018, 10:00 AM
Good to know. Thanks for sharing.

Falcon Horus
September 8th, 2018, 08:41 AM
Oh by the way... I have the Mission Files which are only available to all-access premium members (which I'm not). A kind soul copy and pasted them for me.

I'm thinking of posting them here -- will that get me in trouble, you think?

Platschu
September 8th, 2018, 11:04 AM
I believe they were already shared here. :p

Bagpuss
September 8th, 2018, 11:30 AM
Some snippets of the Mission Files have been posted (and referred to) round the threads,but that's fine.Full pieces -nope.

Full transcripts would breach the rules,(see faq re copyrighted material) and to paraphrase what Darren said last time some of you asked in Ask the Mods and via PM about the special features/files ,it'd be fine to quote a relevant paragraph here and there as you want to share it or make reference to it ... but the higher percentage of an article you quote directly, the farther away from Fair Use you move.

Falcon Horus
September 8th, 2018, 02:33 PM
Okay fine... not here then.

But seriously... copyrighted material?
This whole forum is filled with it. :p

Bagpuss
September 8th, 2018, 05:24 PM
Okay fine... not here then.
No transcripts in full in the threads,social groups or Profile messages(aka VM).
Using a piece to open a discussion on something specific would be fine,but the copyright rules cover print material,webisodes,or whatever,not just full episode downloads.
(Should anyone want to share the transcripts OFF-GW,via private mail or at other places,that's up to them at their own risk and responsibility but no offering/asking for links in the forum itself,thanks,everyone.:))

But seriously... copyrighted material?
This whole forum is filled with it. :p
Pretty much,as this IS an international fansite for Gate and loads of other shows,and it'd be very hard to talk about shows without some reference to links and articles...but members' usage of avatars,art,pics,sigpics,fanfiction or posting pieces of articles aren't what gets sites or its members served with cease-and-desist orders or worse.
Most PTBs and production companies are fully aware of the good effects of allowing fandom to flourish,and happy to allow us to be creative.

Permission isn't there to post certain kinds of copyrighted material that's all.
Anything GW itself crossposts or features is with prior and ongoing permissions.

Falcon Horus
September 9th, 2018, 05:17 AM
The copyright material was an afterthought by the way.

I won't put Gateworld's existence in jeopardy. It's the best (un)official Stargate hub in two galaxies... or more galaxies but let's keep it to Milky Way and Pegasus for now. There's simply no other that can rival it, and that includes mediocre Stargate Command.

Elite Anubis Guard
September 9th, 2018, 11:43 PM
In my opinion, official sites always pale in comparison to fan sites.

Gatefan1976
September 10th, 2018, 01:31 AM
The copyright material was an afterthought by the way.

I won't put Gateworld's existence in jeopardy. It's the best (un)official Stargate hub in two galaxies... or more galaxies but let's keep it to Milky Way and Pegasus for now. There's simply no other that can rival it, and that includes mediocre Stargate Command.

Are you OK FH?
I'm just reading thru you recent stuff, and I'm noticing a trend.
Don't answer me here, or don't answer at all, just concerned for a mate.

Falcon Horus
September 10th, 2018, 07:03 AM
Are you OK FH?
I'm just reading thru you recent stuff, and I'm noticing a trend.
Don't answer me here, or don't answer at all, just concerned for a mate.

I'm fine -- just at war with Stargate Command, that's all. :p

Sticking up for the little fans as it were. :cameronanime13: <-- this is me (not the rock, Cameron pulling the sword)

Janet Fraiser
November 14th, 2018, 03:42 PM
So, I know this is an old thread, but I just finished my first watch of the show, and it was the feature cut. (I was actually doing my first re-watch of SG1, SGA, and SGU at the time it aired online, and then I got majorly sidetracked by other shows lol.)

Apart from some awkward acting and humor, I actually still got into it. It *did* feel low budget, but that’s what I assumed it would be going into it, so that didn’t phase me. I also really liked Aset’s scenes for some reason. She always intrigued me.

At this point, I’d just hope that TPTB have been taking in the feedback with the intention of bringing back something better. I hope they don’t give up on the franchise. If this is testing the waters, then more is still possible. In the meantime, I am still glad that we got *something* to get people talking about the show again.

Falcon Horus
November 15th, 2018, 01:39 AM
...the show...

In my opinion, I don't think we should call Stargate Origins a "show". It's a low-budget film, originally cut up into 10 pieces of approximately 10 episodes. They added some extra stuff for the feature cut and dropped, what I understand was the outro of every webepisodes -- something with spinning.

It's a project where I still don't know what MGM was precisely aiming for. They certainly created hell of a divide in the fandom, managed to split the community in a bigger divide than Stargate Universe ever could (and I think we can all agree that was some divide then). They created the haves and the have-nots (6 countries having access to Stargate Command's All-access area, 189 countries got diddlysquad and are actively ignored for the most part). They have an app that doesn't work half the time and glitches like crazy the other half.

If it was to "revive" the franchise, they failed.

Apart from some awkward acting and humor, I actually still got into it. It *did* feel low budget, but that’s what I assumed it would be going into it, so that didn’t phase me. I also really liked Aset’s scenes for some reason. She always intrigued me.

Listen to the actress interview on Gateworld. She's got some interesting stuff to say about Aset. ;)
And read Ellie's interview while you're at it. And listen Phillip Alexander's interview, and Daniel Rashid's.

I love my oddballs. :p

Anywho...

At this point, I’d just hope that TPTB have been taking in the feedback with the intention of bringing back something better.

Which PTB might that be, if I may be so curious?

Mercedes Bryce Morgan in cooperation with Vanishing Angle were the executive producers and director of SGO. The script was a collaboration of two people unrelated to MGM or VA (one of them being the actor who played the guy Brücke kills after the fight with the Abydonian).

None of the SG-1/SGA/SGU PTB were involved with the project (it showed).

The Stargate Command team is compiled of consultants (mind you, they all have plenty experience in the entertainment industry) and fans (one of the people behind Gateworld has crossed over to SGC -- not Darren, the other guy -- Daryl?).

And what feedback?

Stargate Origins split the fans right down the middle -- either you hated it/didn't like it or you loved it/liked it, with little in between.

Stargate Command as a website and app is restricted to 6 countries, where 189 countries are left dangling in the void with that big empty promise "we're working on it" (since September 20, 2017). Every Dial Home interview is off-limits, the comics are off-limits, the behind-the-scenes -- the freaking SGO bloopers FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD -- are off-limits to all but 6 countries.

They give out goodies to people who re-enlisted, giving them a special "Founding member" patch for being with them since year one, completely ignoring those who were there from the start and stuck around even if we are blocked from all-access.

Whenever Stargate Command appears at the convention, it's either as part of Legion M (also involved with Stargate Origins -- they organized the M&G with the actors and the screenings), or as part of MGM/FOX's booth. Last one, they weren't even named as booth holders, but had to go look for them at the Legion M booth.

I hope they don’t give up on the franchise.

MGM claims the Stargate franchise, along with the Bond franchise, is their most priced possession. Well, in my opinion, it doesn't show. :mckay: It looks and feels like they treat it like the stepchild.

If this is testing the waters, then more is still possible.

Testing the waters?

You still believe that?

You can't test waters by blocking half the fans from viewing your content.
By pissing off half the community by denying them access to your "cool new content", the alleged "Hub of all things Stargate".

The only fans who can "enjoy" this new stargate content to the fullest are those living in the USA, UK, CA, AUS, NZ and GER. So which waters are tested here?

In the meantime, I am still glad that we got *something* to get people talking about the show again.

They were talking about it but their marketing lacks severely, if you ask me, customer relations are soured.

mooseman
November 19th, 2018, 04:13 PM
Hey, don’t be spreading BS about the SGC, Falcon Horus! :hammond04:

The Doctors Dialing Home Episodes and 2 (of 8) of Chris Judge’s are available to the unwashed masses!
Get it right! :P

Falcon Horus
November 20th, 2018, 12:55 AM
Hey, don’t be spreading BS about the SGC, Falcon Horus! :hammond04:

The Doctors Dialing Home Episodes and 2 (of 8) of Chris Judge’s are available to the unwashed masses!
Get it right! :P

Fine... they are... what do they call that, a "booby prize"? You know a joke price for last place... or in this case 'pretending to be all-inclusive to all fans'.

Mmm... yeah.... no fooling me there...

The first 3 episodes of Origins are also still worldwide available.

Platschu
January 28th, 2019, 12:51 PM
Watch Stargate Origins: Catherine (Feature Cut) On Stargate Command! (only for All-Access members)
https://www.stargatecommand.co/feeds/watch-stargate-origins-catherine-feature-cut-on-stargate-command?req_type=html&k=b4ff8e7b

Falcon Horus
January 28th, 2019, 02:22 PM
PUPPY!!

*clicks link*

Oh darn... forgot I'm in Chrome and clicking the link will give me that stern looking grandma... yikes...

Anyhoo...

More free stuff for the "original gaters" -- how quaint. :rolleyes:

Platschu
January 29th, 2019, 12:40 AM
Sorry, it was misleading. I have updated my post.

Falcon Horus
January 29th, 2019, 12:53 AM
Sorry, it was misleading. I have updated my post.

Oh, there's nothing misleading for me, but perhaps for others who might not now.

You're all in line with their methods -- ;)

Also, I actively block stargatecommand at the moment and my webpage shows a stern looking grandma instead. :p Or a puppy.

Elite Anubis Guard
January 29th, 2019, 01:46 AM
So I finally watched the Feature Cut. It was nice to see the Batman transitions gone but I can't say my perspective on the film has really changed. I still think an anthology film approach is nice, but I think Catherine specifically was unnecessary and it looked cheap. My main like is that the movie aesthetic was pulled in a bit more. That pleases me. Also really like Serqet's staff. I'd give other Origin runs a go (and I hope more do get made) but I can't say I'll go back to this one very often.

Falcon Horus
January 29th, 2019, 04:50 AM
Were there many differences with the episodes -- apart from the spinning?

Elite Anubis Guard
January 29th, 2019, 05:10 AM
I've only seen the series through the once so I couldn't really say. It has a new opening sequence before the Origins title card but's about all I picked up. The temple vfx looked good and I remember it looking a bit poorer in the series. That might be one of the points of improved VFX they mentioned.

Platschu
January 29th, 2019, 06:14 AM
I have to admit, I have watched the first 10-15 minutes and then the last 15 minutes. They added an extra scene with Isis as she is painting herself and that came as a first scene. She looked nice and scarry, but honestly, I don't get it why was it put there? If we don't know where the story goes, then this whole scene is meaningless and confusing as after that they have used the opening scene from the original Stargate movie.

I am still not over how Prof. Langford's apartment was only a few furnitures and broken glasses in the back. I know they introduced him as a poor discoverer who has spent all his money in the last 10 years, so that is how the Germans were involved. But it is hard to imagine that he really would have lived in such a poor and disturbing conditions. And what were they doing? Were they watching the gate for 10 years?

When the chevrons were locked, they have still used this silly sound effect instead of the SG shows. That should have been replaced as they have used the DHD effects right (with the SG-1 prop), then why would it so hard to find the right sound effects from the MGM's library?

At the end I could see some better visual effects with Serqet's staff weapon, but maybe it was the same in the original. I especially love that little scene as his last thought was still Catherine. She looks away in darkness, but when the lights turn around her (similar to the BSG season 4 promo), then she straightly looked into the camera. Lovely little scene. But after that it was painful to watch how they have forgotten him and his friend. I still liked to little hint to Cameron as he was packing the gate in the background, but maybe they should mentioned the Achilles ship directly.

The whole length is 1h41 minutes, so it is equal to 2.5 episodes. I will watch the whole movie tonight, so I can share more feedback. It definately feels better and more enjoyable as the webepisodes are put together.

Platschu
February 3rd, 2019, 02:49 PM
Yay. They have fixed the moons on Abydos. :)

Platschu
February 12th, 2019, 03:19 AM
I have re-watched the whole Feature Cut yesterday. I have to tell you guys, I am really positively surprised. It is still far from good pr perfect. The comic German character (Henrich) ruined the seriousness of first 20 minutes and even the acting were not convincing from the other actors either, but it was much better after the story continued on Abydos. The episode ending vortex effect have gone and it was shown briefly in a reversed montage at the end, when Aset began the memory loss process on Catherine. I also liked how the episodes and scenes were connected to each other (like one sentence is finished by an other character, or the pendant of Ra turns into the Nazi pendant or when Dr. Langford strokes his hair then Catherine start the next scene with the same movement). Clever! Maybe these were in the original version, but the short format completly ruined to discover this little creative ideas. And when Brücke showed his evil side in the tent, I have to tell you there were some serious acting from the cast. Sarah Navratil (Eva) was really-really good in those scenes and I like how she teamed up with Dr. Langford. And she is pretty as well like Ellie Gall. Talking about beauty... The boys could have visited cosmetic shops as Beal and Wasif were full of spots. Maybe it was caused by the heating in the set. At least they looked realistic. I also liked how Aset was convinced by him to let them fight their own wars by themselves. Somehow I skipped or I haven't taken notice of this plot part. Okay, the ending was way too rushed as there was no logical reason why would Aset risk anything for the Langfords, but maybe she had a "good side" as a mother. There was also no proper reason why would Aset spare Kasuf, then Ra would spare Motawk and Wasif. I am guessing Aset could see the technology and she knew one day the returning Earthlings can overthrow Ra. But it was also not explained if Ra knew about the active Stargate use on Earth from Serqet, then would he not paid a visit to look around? But we can still explain that maybe he was worried about the Asgards or some other important matters in the galaxy. So all together I am satisfied. Not good, not that bad. I would give a solid 4-5 points now out of 10. This feature cut was definately an improvement.

Falcon Horus
February 12th, 2019, 04:23 AM
My goofballs rule!

Just saying... :p

Platschu
February 12th, 2019, 07:59 AM
I know you like them. Honestly I was surprised as it was much better this merged version.

The curtain error was left in the Feature Cut. When the trio arrives to Abydos, the curtain is closed and opened behind Wasif within a few seconds. It is kinda funny. :D