Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Remember when there was more than one SG team?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Remember when there was more than one SG team?

I was watching some of early Season One recently, and it occurred to me, they use more teams back then! The first 5 episodes, they always use or reference other teams! Beyond that my memory is foggy, but I think those first 5 were some of the best episodes.

I want that back, its great when the whole thing feels complex and cool and stuff.

Anyone with me? More interaction between teams? Besides SG-22...
    FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Do Reynolds and SG-3 not count? He/they appeared quite a lot this season.

a time to mourn

Comment

Well. I guess what I more mean, is that in those early episodes, things happened to other SG teams. Now everything happens to SG-1. And yes...I know, they are what the show is about, but it just seemed so much cooler when SG-3 Marines (not Reynold's SG-3 I believe), followed SG-1 through the gate in Broca Divide, and then went crazy and stuff. And in Enemy Within, who has the Goa'uld? Leader of SG-2! And so on!
      FOR PETE'S (no, not THAT Pete) SAKE, THE ABOVE POST (if offensive in anyway) WAS MADE IN JEST!

Comment

I was wondering this the other day, Where Has Ferreti Gone??!!?!!?

Comment

I remember when SG-1 had more than two team members, too.

There've been references to other SG teams scattered through the series and we're always getting updates on how many different teams there are, but I do think the show could benefit from a bit of... expansion.

Comment

Or a spin-off Stargate SG-2

It could detail their early missions...it'd be like the begining all over again!

Comment

So how many Stargate teams are there at the present time?
              "I'm the greatest because I'm alive. That's it. Period.
              I'm not greedy. If I can catch a Goa'uld equipped with all kinds of fancy toys without risking my neck that's a damn good compromise."

Spoiler:

Comment

Remember season 7?

Comment

I think the most I've ever heard of was 20 teams.
                  'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Originally posted by Giantevilhead
                    Remember season 7?

Thats why Heroes was the best episode.

Comment

Originally posted by Wandering Tamer
                      I think the most I've ever heard of was 20 teams.
                      In Moebius,
                      Spoiler:
                      you see the unit patch of the guys from Heroes, it says SG 22

Thats not really a spoiler, but...just in case.

Comment

Yeah, we really only saw Sg-3 take on any action this season and I think Sg-22 at a staff meeting.

But then again, we didn't really go off world much this season as the show focused in on Earth and everything going on here (Sg-1 was more of advisors to the program then front line explorers like they had been), so I guess that's to be expected.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
                          Thats why Heroes was the best episode.
                          That wasn't the only episode in season 7 with other SG teams, there was also Fallen, Orpheus, Enemy Mine, Evolution, Death Knell, and Lost City.

Comment

It was the only one where important things revolved around another team.

Comment

Originally posted by Im_just_guessing
                              In Moebius,
                              Spoiler:
                              you see the unit patch of the guys from Heroes, it says SG 22

Thats not really a spoiler, but...just in case.
                              Spoiler:
                              Well, that one fella from Heroes at any rate. In Heroes he was part of SG-13... now he seems to have been reassigned to SG-22.

-IMF
                              "There's not a little boy born who wouldn't tear the world apart to save his mummy... and this little boy can." --The Doctor.
                              "The plastic tips at the ends of shoelaces are called Aglets. Their true purpose is sinister."--The Question.
                              BAD WOLF!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X