This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Putting Pete to use

In Season 8 we know that the rogue NID will return to the scene in the form of a group calling itself 'The Trust'.

However there is one secret weapon that the SGC might be able to call upon - and that's a certain cop currently dating Sam Carter who already knows about the Stargate.

Could he be enrolled to sniff around the SGC's on-world enemies on a regular basis?
    I SURF FOR THE FREEDOM!

Sorry, but part of what I find so refreshing and good about Pete is that he is NOT associated with Stargate Command. He isn't Sam's boss, he isn't her underling, he isn't a teammate or a co-worker or anything. He's just Pete. He's proof that yes, Virginia, there IS life outside of The Job! It almost makes him unique and I, for one, don't want him to lose that edge.

Comment

Pete has a lot going for him, but he has a couple of strikes against him for 'investigating' Sam and the whole stalkeresque thing. I do like the fact that they've given Carter some sort of life outside the job and it appears that even Tea'c is going to be allowed to explore some of that 'outside life' in season 8. Anything that contributes to character backstory can't be all bad!
      Nmom
      sigpic

Comment

I think Pete was wrong to track Sam in the way he did. However, it has opened Carter into a life outside of the SGC. But there's the thing that he found out about the SGC
        __

__

Comment

That could be dangerous
          "Maybe one day you will learn that your way is not the only way!"

Visit Dr. Radek Zelenka's Complete Translations and thunk thread

All translations will be found in the first post of this thread, though i recommend to read the whole discussion ;]

Comment

Nice thought but i want to see dought in can we really trust him? is he more than just Sams BF? While at face value Pete seemed nice i think it would be great that maybe he has his finger in more than one pie but we are kept guessing untill the end.
            ......TARA......

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
              Sorry, but part of what I find so refreshing and good about Pete is that he is NOT associated with Stargate Command. He isn't Sam's boss, he isn't her underling, he isn't a teammate or a co-worker or anything. He's just Pete. He's proof that yes, Virginia, there IS life outside of The Job! It almost makes him unique and I, for one, don't want him to lose that edge.
              Have to disagree, ShadowMaat. I'm on the opposite side of the fence on this one.

The biggest reason I did NOT like Pete is that he is NOT involved in a Stargate storyline. I do NOT consider the character's love lives if they have no bearing on Stargate as very interesting. Daniel's loves have always been in SG story arcs. Ditto Sam's, up until Pete. Jack's, too, except for Sara but that storyline carried over from the movie so it didn't bother me, plus it used a character encountered through the SG in a sci-fi storyline to tell the story.

Pete is completely earthbound and a soap opera story that we can get on half a dozen other TV shows. I really think that the SGC program is more than a job, it's pretty all-consuming and I think it would be hard for characters, such as Sam and Daniel, who love the exploration bit and throw themselves into it, to really be interested in a long-term romance with someone who wasn't also somehow involved.

hrh

Comment

Originally posted by hrh36
                Have to disagree, ShadowMaat. I'm on the opposite side of the fence on this one.

The biggest reason I did NOT like Pete is that he is NOT involved in a Stargate storyline. I do NOT consider the character's love lives if they have no bearing on Stargate as very interesting. Daniel's loves have always been in SG story arcs. Ditto Sam's, up until Pete. Jack's, too, except for Sara but that storyline carried over from the movie so it didn't bother me, plus it used a character encountered through the SG in a sci-fi storyline to tell the story.

Pete is completely earthbound and a soap opera story that we can get on half a dozen other TV shows. I really think that the SGC program is more than a job, it's pretty all-consuming and I think it would be hard for characters, such as Sam and Daniel, who love the exploration bit and throw themselves into it, to really be interested in a long-term romance with someone who wasn't also somehow involved.

hrh
                I've got to agree with everything you've just said HRH. I was thinking about posting something similar, but you've said it so much better than I ever could!
                sigpic

Comment

"Putting Pete to use"

Target Practice? Test Subject? Human sacrifice?
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by ShadowMaat
                    Absolutely. If Sam is to be in a relationship (which, btw I don't think necessary, but the behind the scenes folk do, and who am I to argue ) then I'd be happiest for her to have a relationship with someone who isn't tangled up in her work, has no authority to order her about and put her down, and gives her a *break* from all the Galaxy In Peril stuff when she gets home.

Madeleine

Comment

Originally posted by dipsofjazz
                      I've got to agree with everything you've just said HRH. I was thinking about posting something similar, but you've said it so much better than I ever could!
                      Glad you agree with me.

But from your signature photo, I suspect we disagree on who in the SGC, Sam should be involved with (not because she "needs" to, only if she wants to). . . .

And I'm not talking about Teal'c here.

hrh

Comment

Originally posted by Madeleine_W
                        Absolutely. If Sam is to be in a relationship (which, btw I don't think necessary, but the behind the scenes folk do, and who am I to argue ) then I'd be happiest for her to have a relationship with someone who isn't tangled up in her work, has no authority to order her about and put her down, and gives her a *break* from all the Galaxy In Peril stuff when she gets home.
                        We'll have to agree to disagree on this one, based on our different readings of the character and, I'll admit on my part, a personal preference to want to share my life's work with my SO, whoever that may someday be.

However, IF Sam ends up with Pete, please let the guy grow up. I watched Chimera with a friend, who rarely watches any TV let alone SG, but she's fun to watch with 'cause she interacts with the program. Anyhoo, in one scene, it might have been the one where Sam answers the door and says "is this up enough for you?" my friend replied for Pete "Yes, Mom." My friend had several other comments along the way regarding Pete looking and acting too young for Sam, and I agree.

I agree with the "if Sam has to be involved in a relationship" sentiment. TPTB don't seem to be all fired up to make sure the guys have relationships (when was Jack's last one?) Although the spoilers from S8 seem to be having everyone getting some.

I also agree that she should be with someone who "has no authority to order her about and put her down". That would be someone else in the SGC. . . .

I don't remember this person ever putting her down--except when he was addicted to the sarcophagus.

See my other posts for more clues.

hrh

Comment

Originally posted by Mio
                          "Putting Pete to use"

Target Practice? Test Subject? Human sacrifice?
                          About as funny as a headache.

Comment

I just don't like pete.
                            sigpic

Comment

Working...
                            X