• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Spoils of War (704)

Visit the Episode GuideGAME OF THRONES - SEASON SEVEN
    THE SPOILS OF WAR
    EPISODE NUMBER - 704
    Daenerys weighs what to do next after learning of Euron Greyjoy’s attack, as John continues to try and sway her to his cause. Arya comes home and sees how much her family has changed. Jaime and Bronn lead the Lannister army home from High Garden, but are attacked en route.

VISIT THE EPISODE GUIDE >>
    Last edited by GateWorld; 17 August 2017, 08:31 PM.

Drogon

Comment

He'll live though wont he?

Annoyingly, I had the ending spoiled for me by the leak... but if that's what one dragon can do, Cersei is screwed...

Comment

yeah a minor wound apparently but I was sort of hoping he'd matured enough that his scales would stop even big arrows
        giant crossbows ain't exactly original weapons either (where's the dragonhorn?)

I know GoT dragons ain't like the immortal & near-invulnerable LOTR dragons but still I expected them to be tougher

and since those ballistas can be manned by 1 person Cersei could have a sh ton of those built she'd be far from defenceless

Comment

also where's Ghost he hasn't been seen since the start of last season

Comment

Originally posted by SoulReaver View Post
            also where's Ghost he hasn't been seen since the start of last season
            Ghost is always cut out for budget reasons.

--------------------------

I'm actually kind of annoyed that they showed Drogon getting hit because now it's unlikely that he will be the one that will get killed later. She HAS to lose at least one of her dragons and since she is emotionally attached to Drogon it makes the most sense for him to die.
            sigpic

Comment

there's a theory that the bolt was poisoned (plus he was hit close to where khal Drogo was hit)
              but dragons are magical creatures maybe not LOTR-level magical but still different enough from ordinary creatures so it'd be ridiculous if mere poison could kill them

also Drogon's the most badass of the 3 hopefully he won't go down (hopefully none of them will but if the rumours about the ice dragon are true then the question is, are ice dragons separate creatures or are they just created from fallen fire dragons?)

Comment

That battle was wow. FIrst time this season a battle has been intense, I think largely because there were characters I cared about on both sides.

I didn't think the crossbow could kill the dragon, but it did hurt him. ALthough he certainly left his mark. Like said up thread, just think of the chaos of 3 dragons.

but we are seeing dany's dark side. Obey or die? Yeah, that's nice.

I liked Arya's homecoming. And how Sansa was skeptical about her sister then I think, sees her under a new light. THey both left home, but while Sansa was a victim and survived, Arya also was a victim but learned to kick bootie. As to littlefinger, yeah, he's up to something. At least Sansa is smart enough to know that.
                Where in the World is George Hammond?

sigpic

Comment

poor Sansa gave the impression she felt ordinary & useless compared to all her siblings lol

btw why the hell did Dany destroy the food supplies? that's a bad decision (she could've given the food to the commonfolk or at least kept it to herself) she should've focused on the enemy combatants only
                  unless she didn't know what was in those caravans

Comment

Maybe. Yeah, it'll be seen as an error. She has succeeded thus far by being queen of hearts, so to speak. Freeing slaves, winning people over. Sure, attacking the Lannisters is a better move because she just attacked soldiers. But if she had restored that food or kept it for herself she would be in a better position to win people to her side and win their loyalty.

But I'm thinking - going by the previews - her family traits may be coming out....hard to win people over, less hard to frighten them into submission. She's feeling the power of a victory and will she let it go to her head?

I also laughed at Jamie at the end....ok, tense moment...but there he is, riding up that shallow stream trying to spear Dany....then gets pushed to safety by (what's his name? the smart aleck?)....and falls into deep water? All of a sudden that stream goes all bottomless pit?

sigpic

Comment

if she has the madness that'd be a complete set (father son & daughter) what are the odds?
                      GRRM said the chance of a targaryen being mad is basically a celestial coin flip
                      if so at least one in the family should be sane

for the water no biggie I'll just assume it's a blue hole :|
                      Last edited by SoulReaver; 08 August 2017, 11:17 AM.

Comment

I thought Dany's goal was to hit the supplies of (stolen) gold, since that was Cersei's way to pay of the Lannister debt and it was emphasized by the Bank guy a couple of times that they were very pleased and would back her... as soon as the Bank received the gold. There would have been no way for Dany to distinguish between food and gold during such an attack.

I'm just hoping Jaime's gold hand won't make him sink all the way to the bottom. That thing has got to be heavy...
                        Unmade Plans (WIP: 11/20):
                        Sam's life takes a turn in an unexpected direction when she's faced with an unplanned pregnancy. The decision to keep the baby and raise it on her own will alter her life forever. Relationships are put to the test, especially the one between her and Jack. She doesn't know what to expect from him and he surprises her at every turn.
                        On FFnet or AO3

My S/J fics can be found on FFnet and AO3. I also tweet and tumble about the ship and my writing/stories.

Comment

Not to mention that breast plate and other armor

sigpic

Comment

Working...
                          X