This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have the writers painted themselves into a corner? Possible spoilers

I was just thinking about it, the ancients were apparantly under siege for 100 years from the wraith, and had only the shield to protect them, and no matter how many wraith they killed more of them just kept coming, now here's the quandry, if the ancients couldn't beat them then what chance do the humans have? And assuming that they are beaten back at the end of S1/start of S2 then surely they'll just keep on coming? So are we gonna have a wraith assault on the city at the end of each season? That would get old real fast.

Personally here's what I think's gonna happen:
    There have been rumours (apparantly) that the wraith ships are partially alive, I think that the nanovirus discovered in hot zone will be modified to attack this and modified weapons will be created (similar to the weapons used against species 8472 in voyager). This will give the humans the upper hand temporarliy and will push the wraith out of the way for a while, thus allowing other species to be introduced into the storylines (there's only so many times that the writers can feature the wraith in episodes before it becomes boring)

This will allow the wraith to resurface in the future and make it interesting again.
    We are the Wraith who say NI!!!

I'm thinking they might just Sink Atlantis and raise the sheilds next season so that while the waith ships are still out there orbiting, they can't do anything.

Comment

Interesting theory we will have 2 wait and see.
      There is no spoon

Free your mind

Comment

In Atlantis season final Major Sheppard mentioned the same thing to the new Colonel Matthew Everett that if the manage to destroy the wraith this time around they will always com back I think TPTB will most likely introduce another species next season or towards the end of season 2 so it doesn’t get boring. Remember they introduced other threats in SG-1 in later seasons like the Replicators.
        "Love is not for life, it's for one week only" Wass

“You have to stay in shape. My grandmother, she started walking five miles a day when she was 60. She's 97 today and we don't know where the hell she is.” Ellen DeGeners

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is 'never try'.” Homer Simpson

“It took me fifteen years to discover I had no talent for writing, but I couldn't give it up, because by that time I was too famous.” Robert Benchley

“What is it with McDonald's staff who pretend they don't understand you unless you insert the 'Mc' before the item you're ordering? It has to be a McChicken burger...a chicken burger gets blank looks. Well, I'll have a McStraw and jam it into your McEyes, you f**cking Mc******!” Billy Connolly

“Before you judge a man, walk a mile in his shoes. After that, who cares? ...He's a mile away and you've got his shoes.” Billy Connolly

Comment

I would like to see us have to help the Genii against a kulling for season 2 finale, sorta we helped you and now u help us.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Spoiler:
            There's a ZPM on the way 2 Atlantis(The Siege 2). That means that they will be activating the shield. Seeing how the shield held for 10k years after the wholle wraith armada attacked Atlantis they won't have 2 worry about attacks on the city.
            Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Originally posted by Keffler
              I would like to see us have to help the Genii against a kulling for season 2 finale, sorta we helped you and now u help us.
              In the season finale the Genii have already been culled. But it whould be nice if the wraith found their base and attacked it and SGA helped them.

Comment

We humans have a different mentality then the Ancients. We have this war mentality which I feel was lacking in the Ancients.
                Spoiler:
                In "Underground" Teyla told Sora we brought we us a new hope to the Pegasus galaxy. That the Earth expedition came with a warriors heart. This makes me wander if the people of the Pegasus galaxy didn't find the Ancients to be as aggressive.
                . Don't sell our people short. We are a cunning race.
                "Embress your life, find what it is that you love, and pursue it with all your soul. For if you do not, when you come to die, you will find that you have not lived."

A character from the novel "Chindi" by Jack McDevitt

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
                'Eleanor Roosevelt'
                Individuality is freedom lived.
                'Janis Joplin'

Comment

Originally posted by @Li3n
                  In the season finale the Genii have already been culled. But it whould be nice if the wraith found their base and attacked it and SGA helped them.
                  Really, wow wot happened?

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

The Genii arent wiped out in The Siege Part 2
                    Spoiler:
                    Weir went to the Genii for some nukes to blow up the remaining Hive Ships, Weir and some other Genii guy were talking. Weir said "You have no idea how close they are" (Referring to the Wraith) The Genii guy then said "The Wraith have come, doctor. Six days ago, fortunatly we detected there approach and we were able to shut down our reactors in time, hundreds of lives were lost on the surfice, but thousands more were saved because our underground complex went un-detected. So you see the threat to the Genii has come and gone."

For the Wraith side of things there is so much to explore with them that I dont think it will become boring so quickly.

Comment

I think the Ancients were a lot like the Tollans and the Asgard, their overconfidence in their technology was ultimately their undoing. Luckily humans don't have that problem.

Comment

Well, I suspect that the Warith is having a BIG problem with negative population growth, possible that they needed to keep the population at a certain size to maintain their feeding grounds.

If so, 60 ships to 1 city is STILL overwhelming Odds.

Comment

In the SG-1 episode 'The Nox' there's a part where jack suggests firing arrows at apophis because all other weapons can't penetrate his personal shield whereas an arrow would because of something to do with the speed. I think the same thing might apply to us and the wraith, our technology though more primative then theirs could find loopholes in their design thus giving us victory.

Comment

I've seen the wraith population thing being mentioned a few times now, where did this come from? I'm not being smart, it's just that I missed a couple of eps so it's possible it was said in one of these.

I like the idea of the Genii working with the humans, you can imagine an ep where they go on a mission together to blow up a wraith facility and Shepard & Kolya are on the same team

I still think that wraith should become slightly less prominent, sort of like the borg in star trek (the threat is always there) and bring other villians in to the fray. Whoever created the nanovirus (hot zone) will be introduced at some point (IMO) and there's a thing, is that the same virus that wiped out the ancients? (as seen in frozen) surely it couldn't be?

I think bringing the Asgard on board (even temporarily) would be class, and I say lets blow up a few more suns! find where the Wraith homeworld is and hockey the place out of it.

Another good one would be to see if they can figure out how to disrupt the Wraith mental/telepathic network

Oh yeah, and where's the wraith queen? every hive has a queen, right?...
                            We are the Wraith who say NI!!!

Comment

Originally posted by WraithAttack
                              The Genii arent wiped out in The Siege Part 2
                              Spoiler:
                              Weir went to the Genii for some nukes to blow up the remaining Hive Ships, Weir and some other Genii guy were talking. Weir said "You have no idea how close they are" (Referring to the Wraith) The Genii guy then said "The Wraith have come, doctor. Six days ago, fortunatly we detected there approach and we were able to shut down our reactors in time, hundreds of lives were lost on the surfice, but thousands more were saved because our underground complex went un-detected. So you see the threat to the Genii has come and gone."

For the Wraith side of things there is so much to explore with them that I dont think it will become boring so quickly.

Never said that they were wiped out, just that they were culled, as in the Wraith came and fed... and that it would make a good episode for s2 having the Wraith found out about their secret base and they needed help from us.

BTW i really don't see how the Wraith did't detect their base coz even with today's tech we could see a cave full of metal...

Comment

Working...
                              X