This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the wraith afraid of H2O ? Possilbe Spoilers

The small parisite spider that attached itself to Sheppherd in season 1 reacted violently when they put water on it. I read somewhere that the Wraith evolved from humans and those parasites. So does that mean the wraith also do not like water?
    Ya duru arik kek onac.

That's entirely possible. It would certainly give the Ancients another reason to sink Atlantis as a defensive strategy, and be so confident to just abandon it at the bottom of the ocean, especially if Wraith ships are organic...
    Nobody ever expects the Spanish Inquisition

Comment

I never thought of it that way but its worth exploring. The Atlantis team does not need ancient weapons they just need water guns lol..
      There is no spoon

Free your mind

Comment

They may well have adopted that characteristic from the parasite. But I think its also likely that they haven't because they grew from humans as well, which are like 60% water already. I think its a possibility, but one I hope they don't explore. Afterall has anyone seen Signs; its one of the biggest anti climaxes ever
        Spoiler:
        all the aliens run away because of the water on Earth
        The death of one man is a tragedy, the death of millions is a statistic - Stalin
        The viewpoint of one person is not the viewpoint of all - ShadowMaat
        Dulce et Decorum est pro patria mori - Horace
        All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke
        Wise men talk because they have something to say, fools talk because they have to say something - Plato
        An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind - Gandhi
        Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake - Napoleon

Comment

i think itd be cool, dont kill us or well shot water on you!
          nooooo have the galaxy O water resistant masters of existance

please its ludacrus.
          sigpic
          You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
          Stargate : Genesis |
          Original Starship DesignThread
          Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
          11000! green me

Comment

Maybe prolonged exposure but it would be a bit of a let down, after all the just need to tell Earth and we can use our biggest resource.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

From what I've seen on the show I got the idea that it wasn't water they might have a problem with but the oceans, water with concentration of salt. Which would support the Atlantis sinking as a strategy idea presuming the seas around are salt water.

Comment

yeah maybe the salt is corrosive to wraiths.
                sigpic
                You are the fifth race, your role is clear, if there is any hope in preserving the future it lies with you and your people ~ 8years for those words
                Stargate : Genesis |
                Original Starship DesignThread
                Sanctuary for all | http://virtualfleet.vze.com/
                11000! green me

Comment

Well being alergic to H2O is the stupidest thing ever coz all organic matter uses it and the Wraith are organic. Pure H2O does burn burn you if i remember my highschool chemestry class right.
                  The most likely thing would be that something else in the ocean or the water they used on the wraithlike parasite had an efect.
                  Understanding is a three-edged sword.

Comment

Remeber they put salt on it before they put the water on. It would be kinda stupid if there weakness is what makes up 70% of us and if you look at the bosy of the fed upon they look all dry.

Lantia home of Atlantis, Lost City of the Ancients

Anyone else going Portsmouth University in the summer?

Comment

Maybe they're not thirsty.
                      Warning: This post may not be meant to be taken seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam628749
                        I never thought of it that way but its worth exploring. The Atlantis team does not need ancient weapons they just need water guns lol..
                        I keep saying this but no one believes me. .
                        Instead of water, you need to fill it with saltwater.

Comment

Originally posted by greytop
                          I keep saying this but no one believes me. .
                          Instead of water, you need to fill it with saltwater.
                          Here, here.

Deadly to Wraith and stress relief for all those wound up angst ridden Atlanteans...what could be better.

Comment

Humans have adverse reactions to being in a vacuum. We still manage to get into space
                            sigpic

Comment

please, correct me if i'm wrong, but did that bug get violent because of the salt and water combination?
                              'Nou ani anquietus' - 'We are the Ancients:’ teachers of roads and builders of the 'gate.

Comment

Working...
                              X